HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 10:35 PM

Excellent, hope it is executed just as well. The one on Grant place is on par with original buildings of that era.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
I for one like what is happening in Logan Square but it has such a long way to go!

On my recent trips down Milwaukee Ave there are still so many lots, ugly strip malls, warehouse buildings, auto repair shops, etc I just don't see it becoming the "next Wicker Park" as some are saying for many, many more years.

Also, I just don't see any signs that the Congress Theater project is moving along.

Finally, at some point I hope developers buy out those strip malls on Milwaukee north of North Ave with a meaningful plan to replace. They destroy what is otherwise a picture perfect streetscape
If the side streets are any indication, where standard new build homes are $1-1.5 Million even next to the train line, the market continues to do quite well and hopefully that translates to those large lots getting filled. There remains very little condo inventory for the poor middle class folks like me in the area.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
If the side streets are any indication, where standard new build homes are $1-1.5 Million even next to the train line, the market continues to do quite well and hopefully that translates to those large lots getting filled. There remains very little condo inventory for the poor middle class folks like me in the area.
Yeah, I was going to say... if any developer could figure out how to a mid rise on that stretch of Milwaukee Ave. with 1-2 BR condos for $200-400k, I think they'd sell like hot cakes.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post

Very similar to a project on Grant Place
Too bad what they're tearing down has tons of character already.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLibertine View Post
Too bad what they're tearing down has tons of character already.
What are they tearing down?

Never mind, I found it. The building on the corner is alright (if it were renovated), but is probably doomed by the fact that it was never designed to be an end of row building. The others are no big loss. Crappy wood frame buildings.

Too bad they're not replacing the other side of the road (north side of Menomonee).
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:47 PM

A burger bar with patio is proposed to replace an auto repair shop at 820 N. Damen:

Of course, the East Village Association opposes it. They'd rather have an auto shop than a business where people can keep eyes on the street and enjoy public space. If you live in Brian Hopkins ward, you should give him a call and let him know these folks don't represent you or have the neighborhood's interest at heart.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:21 PM
The City

^ I think their issue is more about the liquor license and late night drinking in a residential area. Yes they are being a bit up-tight, but it's not the worst form of NIMBYism

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
What are they tearing down?

Never mind, I found it. The building on the corner is alright (if it were renovated), but is probably doomed by the fact that it was never designed to be an end of row building. The others are no big loss. Crappy wood frame buildings.

Too bad they're not replacing the other side of the road (north side of Menomonee).
Per the rendering, this development will take out 3 buildings facing Cleveland: the 3 flat on the corner plus the two brick houses next door. Note that the contemporary house with the bay window is the first shown in the right side of the rendering.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development