HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
I'm thinking the same thing - play in the sand pile you've chosen and leave the other one alone. I've got accounts on both sites but still find this site to be more active and also having better debates and discussions. Also interesting in that there really isn't any Skyrise bashing here yet SSP bashing occurs on Skyrise and Skyrise supporters come here to bash SSP - kind of childish, no?
My apologies as I was one of those people bashing SSP here on SSP. Can't help but vent some days. FWIW I am enjoying SRC, but hey the internet is free to do as one chooses. No reason one can't visit more than one site.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

After following SSP for a short time, I observed there were becoming fewer and fewer contributors/contributions on the topic of construction projects. Perhaps out of boredom, the debates and 'mudslinging' on non-valued added subjects other than construction, spiked.
While I still follow SSP, I only contribute to SRC. If you want to learn and contribute to what is going on in Calgary 'construction' which I believe is what this particular forum was originally intended, then I suggest you join SRC.
If you like going off topic and debating 'ad nauseam' , then SSP is for you however I would suggest moving the topic out of construction and over to the Canada section where you will find lots of company.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:32 PM

YWCA has found a new location for their building which they broke ground on a few weeks ago. I believe it was DizzyEdge who first posted a rendering a few months ago. I have found a video containing the renderings plus other project details...

Video Link

Quote:
While the approval and permitting process continues, we intend to break ground in autumn 2017 and complete construction by summer 2019.
https://www.ywcalgary.ca/about-us/ne...-in-inglewood/

Old Posted Today, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCanuck View Post
After following SSP for a short time, I observed there were becoming fewer and fewer contributors/contributions on the topic of construction projects. Perhaps out of boredom, the debates and 'mudslinging' on non-valued added subjects other than construction, spiked.
While I still follow SSP, I only contribute to SRC. If you want to learn and contribute to what is going on in Calgary 'construction' which I believe is what this particular forum was originally intended, then I suggest you join SRC.
If you like going off topic and debating 'ad nauseam' , then SSP is for you however I would suggest moving the topic out of construction and over to the Canada section where you will find lots of company.
The construction and development info at Skyrise is impressive, certainly better than SSP, especially surprising for a site that was mostly quiet a year ago. The transit and infrastructure discussion is good here though. Skyrise doesn't have a Canada section, which can be good at times.

Old Posted Today, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
My apologies as I was one of those people bashing SSP here on SSP. Can't help but vent some days. FWIW I am enjoying SRC, but hey the internet is free to do as one chooses. No reason one can't visit more than one site.
That's just it, the more the merrier. The good convo to be found at both.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates