HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: Vote!
PC 17 36.96%
NDP 12 26.09%
Liberal 11 23.91%
Green 3 6.52%
Not voting/apathetic 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 3:53 AM
BANNED

2019 Manitoba Election

Who will you be voting for, and why?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 4:57 AM
BANNED

Not currently residing in Manitoba, but if I had to vote, it would probably be for the PC. I'm not impressed with Palliser, but I do not trust the NDP after a decade of fiscal mismanagement.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 6:48 AM
BANNED

The Conservatives are starting to pull away with the lead, if the new poll numbers are to be believed.

With under a week to go in Manitoba's provincial election campaign, the vote remains Brian Pallister's to lose — suggesting that the PC leader's gamble to send Manitobans to the polls a year early could pay off.

According to the CBC's Manitoba Poll Tracker — an aggregation of all publicly available polling data — the Progressive Conservatives hold a significant lead over Wab Kinew's New Democrats, with 43.6 per cent support compared to 30.9 per cent.

The Liberals under Dougald Lamont trail in third with 14.5 per cent, while James Beddome's Greens stand at 8.9 per cent.

The Poll Tracker estimates that if these levels of support are replicated on the Sept. 10 election day, the PCs would likely win between 28 and 41 of the province's 57 seats. That puts them almost entirely over the 29-seat threshold required for a majority government.

The best guess is that the PCs would win around 37 seats, only three seats fewer than the party won in 2016.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...tion-1.5269938

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 12:50 PM

Not voting...I was supposed to be out of the country before advance voting and threw out my voting card, plans suddenly changed so I'm still here.

That aside, I have no clue who I would vote for, I'm never much a fan of the Conservatives and in principle support the NDP (but I wouldn't want to see them re-elected this election, maybe next).

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletomane View Post
Not voting...I was supposed to be out of the country before advance voting and threw out my voting card, plans suddenly changed so I'm still here.

That aside, I have no clue who I would vote for, I'm never much a fan of the Conservatives and in principle support the NDP (but I wouldn't want to see them re-elected this election, maybe next).
You don't need the card. You can vote if you show up at your polling station with photo ID.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
You don't need the card. You can vote if you show up at your polling station with photo ID.
Yeah I was about to say this. I never received a voting card. I needed my drivers license and mb health card to vote.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 2:15 PM
the first stamp is free

Voting green.

In my area, Wolseley - it's a two way race. NDP or Green. I want to get the first Green MLA in.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Voting green.

In my area, Wolseley - it's a two way race. NDP or Green. I want to get the first Green MLA in.
Interesting area, I believe Green came within 400 votes last time around. From what I've read it will be an easier NDP win this election. The new boundaries favour the NDP couple with less anti-NDP sentiment this election. But we'll see. I think some green members were voted in provincially in the maritimes recently.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 3:44 PM
the first stamp is free

I think it will go Green this time around. The new boundaries help the NDP, but there is no incumbent this election.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 3:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Voting green.

Good for you, one vote for the NDP would be one too many!

After what the speNDP regime did to Manitoba Hydro (and just about everything else they touched) the party should be outlawed in Manitoba!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 4:11 PM

Let's outlaw political opponents riiight. That'll work well lol Just let them wallow at the bottom of the polls.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Voting green.

That's what I'd be doing if I lived in Wolseley. Instead I just held my nose and voted in the advance polls for the PC's. Hard to be excited about this ideologically rudderless party and it's erratic and petty leader but what are ya gonna do.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Oh, I thought that it was required to bring the card, it says on them as well "Bring this card and your ID"

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletomane View Post
Oh, I thought that it was required to bring the card, it says on them as well "Bring this card and your ID"
It just makes it faster, so they ask you to bring it. You get to skip a step.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 3:04 AM

Just be sure to bring the proper ID as per here:

https://www.electionsmanitoba.ca/en/...IDRequirements

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 3:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Good for you, one vote for the NDP would be one too many!

After what the speNDP regime did to Manitoba Hydro (and just about everything else they touched) the party should be outlawed in Manitoba!
Gary Doer did an admirable job as Premier from 1999-2007. Then it was all downhill during the Selinger years.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 11:34 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlubberMiley View Post
Gary Doer did an admirable job as Premier from 1999-2007. Then it was all downhill during the Selinger years.
He was popular and more pragmatic than his predecessors but I wouldn't say he did a good job. He did better than the NDP usually does but not by much.

Were I still in Manitoba I'd be voting Liberal just for a change. I can't stand the NDP and the PCs are just doing the same old, same old.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlubberMiley View Post
Doer gets a lot of unearned credit for the same reason Wall does... they were in the right place at the right time. Doer took office just as the economy was getting out of the 90s doldrums and federal transfers were about to take off. He didn't have to make many hard spending decisions the way that Selinger or certainly Filmon did, and as soon things took a turn for the worse, he buggered off.

Same with Wall, he took office just after oil prices exploded and the money fountain sprayed Sask with loads of cash. Of course being a good politician he tried to take credit for it (even though the boom began in earnest when Lorne Calvert was still premier) and, like Doer, he took off once the party ended.

In politics, as with so many other things in life, timing is everything.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 8:54 PM

Pretty sure doer led the way on the floodway expansion, that’s a pretty large expense, he was offered a job as the ambassador to the United States, he didn’t just up and jump ship. . he was a great leader for our province, I’d say probably one of the best premiers we’ve ever had.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 1:57 AM

^ I'm not saying he was a bad premier, but he was dealt a pretty good hand as far as Manitoba premiers go.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan