HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 9:41 PM

Opening 2012 Idaho Falls Arts Council ARTitorium on Broadway

Here is the first press bulletin: http://www.idahofallsmagazine.com/id...&category=news
There will be a press conference held outside The Rio on Wednesday (tomorrow.) The project includes 1.5 million in building rehab and technology. A future phase includes a recording studio where the local community, bands and musicians can record tracks.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Here is the first press bulletin: http://www.idahofallsmagazine.com/id...&category=news
There will be a press conference held outside The Rio on Wednesday (tomorrow.) The project includes 1.5 million in building rehab and technology. A future phase includes a recording studio where the local community, bands and musicians can record tracks.
The more I read and hear about this...the more I like it. Hopefully this will push more to invest into downtown.

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 3:13 AM

IFAC has a contract with a NYC based technology firm that specializes in building hands on, interactive booths and displays. The company has a lot of experience building and implementing these technologies in large museums around the country. INL is also on board. This project will be done right. -Virtual graphitti walls, green screens etc.. There will be a 500 sq ft visual art classroom in the basement for workshops and a great blackbox style theater on the mezzanine level. The original green and pink tile work in the bathrooms will be salvaged. -They will be funky. I'll update whenever there is progress.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2011, 9:22 PM

http://idahobusinessreview.com/2011/...et-in-e-idaho/

URS Corp. to build Areva enrichment plant in E. Idaho

Executives with Areva Inc. say they have hired the URS Corp. to be the lead builder on $4 billion uranium enrichment facility planned near Idaho Falls.

Officials from both companies declined to share specifics of their deal, but agree it’s a key step in moving the project forward.

The Post Register reports construction is expected to create about 1,000 jobs in eastern Idaho and inject millions of dollars in the state and local economy.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is still in the process of licensing the facility. Areva spokesman Jarret Adams says the company is confident construction could begin this summer.

URS, which has offices in Boise, became one of the world’s biggest engineering and construction companies when it acquired Washington Group International for $3.2 billion in 2007

Old Posted Feb 19, 2011, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post

URS Corp. to build Areva enrichment plant in E. Idaho

Executives with Areva Inc. say they have hired the URS Corp. to be the lead builder on $4 billion uranium enrichment facility planned near Idaho Falls.

Officials from both companies declined to share specifics of their deal, but agree it’s a key step in moving the project forward.

The Post Register reports construction is expected to create about 1,000 jobs in eastern Idaho and inject millions of dollars in the state and local economy.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is still in the process of licensing the facility. Areva spokesman Jarret Adams says the company is confident construction could begin this summer.

URS, which has offices in Boise, became one of the world’s biggest engineering and construction companies when it acquired Washington Group International for $3.2 billion in 2007

It's great to see this keep rollin..hopefully construction can start this year and get the citys economy rolling along.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2011, 11:01 PM

New IF flight

New flight http://www.localnews8.com/news/26999969/detail.html. The nonstop to southern California was nice, but San Francisco was on the top of my list. Yeah!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2011, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
New flight http://www.localnews8.com/news/26999969/detail.html. The nonstop to southern California was nice, but San Francisco was on the top of my list. Yeah!
So now we will be able to fly to SLC, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Denver, or Phoenix. Really need that Boise flight back...hopefully get that connection to Seattle through Boise. Whatever happened to the Minneapolis flight? I can't remember when that one ended!

Anyhow...I wonder which city we could connect with next. Dallas area possibly or was there a Chicago flight in the works? I can't remember. It is nice to see new flights. Not too long ago it was either Boise or SLC. Good sign of growth and hopefully a better economic future.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2011, 5:41 AM

I'd really like to see an IF-Boise flight resume. It just doesn't make sense that the state's 2nd largest independent business and cultural center doesn't have a flight to the state's capital. It's pretty embarrassing how this state is so disconnected.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2011, 4:33 PM

Huge year for construction looming...

Just thinking about this yesterday. If everything goes smoothly for Areva and they are to begin construction this year there will be construction jobs galore!!!

$2 billion Areva enrichment plant and the interchange for US 20
$50-100 INL Idaho Falls Campus...I know of two projects that will break ground this year and another is in the process of being approved through rezoning and permitted.
$??? Memorial Drive reconstruction downtown Idaho Falls
$??? Artitorium on Broadway

There are plenty of smaller commercial projects in the works such as another Maverik gas station, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chik Fil A, ect.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 3:09 AM
The Drifter

I have finally moved here and have currently added 2 more to IF's population with my wife and 2 other kids coming in a couple weeks.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
I have finally moved here and have currently added 2 more to IF's population with my wife and 2 other kids coming in a couple weeks.
Sweet! Welcome to Falls Town. Have you driven around to check everything out yet?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2011, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
Welcome to The Gem State...now you can take a deep breath!

Old Posted Apr 10, 2011, 2:17 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFguy View Post
Sweet! Welcome to Falls Town. Have you driven around to check everything out yet?
I lived here for about 5 months back in 05. I have come up many times to visit those we made friends with over the years, so we know our way around pretty well. It's just nice being back to where we feel at home. My wife and I both grew up in Utah, but it's just not the place for us anymore.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2011, 2:50 AM

Welcome to Idaho and enjoy my hometown. What brought you to Idaho Falls other than the hustle and bustle of the big city of course?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2011, 3:01 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisekid View Post
Welcome to Idaho and enjoy my hometown. What brought you to Idaho Falls other than the hustle and bustle of the big city of course?
Great friends and lack of family.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2011, 3:56 AM

Idaho Falls Event Center

On May 17th, the citizens of Idaho Falls will have the opportunity to create an Auditorium District which will fund a 140,000 square foot regional multi-puprose event center that will have the ability to hold sporting events, family shows, concerts, conventions, meetings, speeking engagments, etc. This 5,000 seat arena will give Idaho Falls the opportunity to create jobs, enhance the quality of life for its citizens and provide a much needed economic boom to an economy that could use a jolt. With projects like Areva and the INL expansion, opportunities for construction, engineering and contractors will be front and center and will hopefully put this struggling but vital business sector back to work.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 3:19 PM

Quote:
So now we will be able to fly to SLC, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Denver, or Phoenix. Really need that Boise flight back...hopefully get that connection to Seattle through Boise. Whatever happened to the Minneapolis flight? I can't remember when that one ended!

Anyhow...I wonder which city we could connect with next. Dallas area possibly or was there a Chicago flight in the works? I can't remember. It is nice to see new flights. Not too long ago it was either Boise or SLC. Good sign of growth and hopefully a better economic future.

Good News:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/Airline-mig...120256024.html

Airline could introduce new direct flight at Boise Airport

by Nishi Gupta
Bio | Email| Follow: @KTVB
KTVB.COM
Posted on April 19, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Updated today at 8:59 AM

BOISE-- A new airline is considering flying direct between Boise and Idaho Falls, and it's making some travelers very happy.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 6:26 AM
Honored Member

A Potential New Air Carrier between Idaho Falls - Boise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Good News:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/Airline-mig...120256024.html

Airline could introduce new direct flight at Boise Airport

by Nishi Gupta
Bio | Email| Follow: @KTVB
KTVB.COM
Posted on April 19, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Updated today at 8:59 AM

BOISE-- A new airline is considering flying direct between Boise and Idaho Falls, and it's making some travelers very happy.
Thanks for posting this good news, Cottonwood. Part of what ticks me off the most about Horizon is they said the Idaho Falls - Boise flight was not profitable. Then, after they were gone, they released their profit figures.

Perhaps PROFITABLE ENOUGH For HORIOZON is a better term.

I've heard SkyWest was considering picking up the route too; however, I strongly doubt they could be in place by June.

Anyone know the size (or can guess) the size of the planes?

Thanks.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 6:48 AM
Honored Member

Quote:

Hey IFguy,

How are you? It's been long time since I was here.

The MN flight got changed when Delta and Northwest Airline merged. That direct flight was a NW flight.

Didn't I tell you maybe 18 months ago (or more) to watch for Idaho Falls to Phoenix? No surprise to me. And Allegiant is clearing watching Idaho (as well as other Mtn. States) starting flights out of Twin Falls last year.

Isn't Allegiant adding SF as a direct flight in June? Allegiant is wise, IMHO, to expand at the Idaho Falls Regional Airport right now. Get in ahead of whichever airline takes over the Idaho Falls - Boise route.

Horizon stopping that route stopped more things than just X people traveling per day. I agree with the opinions that Idaho Falls is the second largest INDEPENDENT area in the state. States that area growing economies usually have commerical airports that fly to cities within the state, from my obvservations.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 6:56 AM
Honored Member

EIRMC Expansion and Hgher Education

It's been a while since I was here. Just curious why no one posted about the $20 Million expansion of EIRMC, along with other projects?

No, it's not taxed and paid for by citizens and this expansion is not a skyscraper. However, in the difficult last 1-2 years, to me this expansion is signficant with the services being added. It is signficant enough that Portneuf finally had to credential 3 EIRMC neonatologists so preemies babies can be transported to Idaho Falls instead of Utah.

The only thing this NICU IIIb will not provide is surgery for infants.... and building the shell now for the next expansion was very wise, IMHO.

Also, I understand Stevens Heningers is suppose to expand what classes they are offering in Idaho Falls soon. I've also read or heard somewhere another private university is interested in opening in Idaho Falls.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West