HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 12:18 AM
Cat Enthusiast

BIRMINGHAM l BJCC l Overhaul

The city is still pushing on the stadium.

Topgolf is all but assured as adjacent to the proposed stadium properties.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 1:12 AM
The Salty Ham

Hopefully the county tax/budget thing gets sorted quick. Now that Uptown is turning into a real emtertainment district as opposed to an eating district the state's first Dave & Buster's would go well right next to the state's first Topgolf I think.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 2:05 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Hopefully the county tax/budget thing gets sorted quick. Now that Uptown is turning into a real emtertainment district as opposed to an eating district the state's first Dave & Buster's would go well right next to the state's first Topgolf I think.
The tax issue should be over as long as voters approve the constitutional amendment (Amendment 14 on the ballot LINK) that fixes the mess.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:08 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Very embarrassing for the Birmingham region.

The Birmingham City Council pushed back on the statewide constitutional amendment that would allow Jefferson County to refinance bonds in order to help fund the massive revitalization of the BJCC.

The Birmingham City Council held a press conference THE DAY BEFORE ELECTION DAY saying that they did not support the amendment, and they did so in a less than respectable way... Sheila Tyson took to the podium and presented herself as much less than worthy of a council seat than an emu, then proceeded to attempt to convince the citizens of Birmingham that Amendment 14 WAS NOT in the best interest of the people of Birmingham. God forbid that her constituents decide for themselves!!!

Maybe when she can speak in proper syntax I will take her seriously. I truly hope she achieves it, and I look forward to hearing her thoughts.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 3:18 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tascalisa View Post
Very embarrassing for the Birmingham region.

The Birmingham City Council pushed back on the statewide constitutional amendment that would allow Jefferson County to refinance bonds in order to help fund the massive revitalization of the BJCC.

The Birmingham City Council held a press conference THE DAY BEFORE ELECTION DAY saying that they did not support the amendment, and they did so in a less than respectable way... Sheila Tyson took to the podium and presented herself as much less than worthy of a council seat than an emu, then proceeded to attempt to convince the citizens of Birmingham that Amendment 14 WAS NOT in the best interest of the people of Birmingham. God forbid that her constituents decide for themselves!!!

Maybe when she can speak in proper syntax I will take her seriously. I truly hope she achieves it, and I look forward to hearing her thoughts.
Forget it....

Last edited by SpawnOfVulcan; Nov 23, 2016 at 12:08 PM.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 11:22 PM
The Salty Ham

I did not see Smoot's reaction but I read Austin's letter. All I could surmise from it is he wants Jeffco's 1 cent tax to be repealed so Birmingham can add one of their own, of which he and the council (and the mayor) would have more direct control over.

But I do get that he doesn't want to build an open air stadium at the BJCC, but rather a dome/MPF. I just don't agree with the roundabout way of trying to get A14 killed to do it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast