HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 10:56 PM

Installing some trim, almost all is done now.

The landscaping for the front of the building was done last Thursday afternoon.

The crew showed up Friday evening to set up for Saturday's crane dismantling.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 11:13 PM

Nice photos of the crane being dismantling, Rockyview!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 1:29 AM

How will they install the rest black trims without crane?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 2:03 AM

The last piece of glass getting installed at The Park very late in the evening last Monday night.

Most balconies are now installed.

More trim work being done and also something happening on the first terrace level.

Not sure what the smoke is about here, but I thought I seen a tiger torch being used.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 4:09 PM

great updates

Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 8:30 PM

Has anybody received an occupancy date yet? I can't believe how much this project is getting delayed. I got a mailout a few months ago saying that I'd be getting an occupancy date in JUNE. Now it's halfway through July and still nothing...what is the deal with these guys?!

I am so disappointed in this project - I guess it's what I get for trusting my money and time with an unreputed developer that simply cannot get its act together in any way.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 9:00 PM

Look on the bright side though - it's any day now. Besides, I don't know what your contract said but in my contract it said developer predicted target date to be October 2015. Of course marketing materials will paint a very different story.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 9:27 PM

Yes, it should be soon, but my issue is how their sales/management has strung their customers along with false promises and hugely inaccurate information. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth how they continually make promises that they don't come close to delivering on.

Look at this article from June 2012: http://www.condolivingonline.com/cal...k-in-the-park1

Quote:
Lake Placid has worked with the city of Calgary and have constructed our foundation and 179-slot underground parking stalls. We can now begin construction of the building itself in June and have first possessions by December 2013.
This isn't the first time Lake Placid has acted like this, which is concerning because it suggests that they either haven't learned from their previous errors, or don't care enough to do anything about them: http://www.planetsmag.com/story.php?id=235

My biggest issue is the lack of transparency, inability to follow through on commitments, and a refusal to make any acknowledgement of the resulting inconveniences to the people who are paying them to stay in business. It just seems deceitful to me, with little awareness or consideration of how they are affecting others.

Again, I recognize that I am at fault for not doing my due diligence about the reliability of this developer, but I am still disappointed at the way they have conducted themselves in nearly every aspect.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsleazer View Post
Yes, it should be soon, but my issue is how their sales/management has strung their customers along with false promises and hugely inaccurate information. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth how they continually make promises that they don't come close to delivering on.

Look at this article from June 2012: http://www.condolivingonline.com/cal...k-in-the-park1

This isn't the first time Lake Placid has acted like this, which is concerning because it suggests that they either haven't learned from their previous errors, or don't care enough to do anything about them: http://www.planetsmag.com/story.php?id=235

My biggest issue is the lack of transparency, inability to follow through on commitments, and a refusal to make any acknowledgement of the resulting inconveniences to the people who are paying them to stay in business. It just seems deceitful to me, with little awareness or consideration of how they are affecting others.

Again, I recognize that I am at fault for not doing my due diligence about the reliability of this developer, but I am still disappointed at the way they have conducted themselves in nearly every aspect.
I agree. Therefore, Rocky's weekly update is the only way for me to track the progress. Still waiting for his last week update though.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2015, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsleazer View Post

Hi Lobsleazer

Trust me when I say that we are all thinking it - thanks for saying it!!

While it is true the Saskatoon debacle cannot be this company's finest moment, in all fairness they did follow up with Centuria in Kelowna and it does seem to be a pretty solid development.

Having said that, progress is being made daily and it will eventually get done, just a helluva lot longer than anyone thought! Personally, If I knew it was going to take 3 years to put up the Blue Monster I would have seriously considered other projects - like The Guardian for example. The flip side of that argument is this location is simply unbeatable anywhere in the area hands down. We are optimistic that in the end it will be worth the excruciating wait.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2015, 3:54 AM

Here is the latest from last week.

I ran into a couple of plumbers last week having lunch in the park and they told me that the plumbing work is now up to the 17th. From what I can see drywall is now at the 15th. I also talked to the guys from King Stones doing the kitchen and bathroom granite. They were working on the 9th and expected to start the 10th this week.

A City Inspection vehicle on site last week on Thursday. Hopefully the pre-occupancy permits are now close if not granted already.

Posts for terrace railings installed on the 3rd terrace floor late last week - 2 more to go.

As of yesterday there is signs of drywall work starting to get done in the lobby.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2015, 4:15 PM

so it looks like the blue panels, in at least some cases, are actually grey panels with a blue film on them that is now being removed. This looks a lot better IMO, the tower actually will look OK with grey panels.

Still no saving that podium though.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2015, 7:05 PM

Can't Wait

I bought a Terrace suite and talking to the sales team it looks like they are starting possessions August 18th. I most likely won't move in until first week in September which is fine. Can't wait!

Old Posted Jul 18, 2015, 10:37 PM

East side first floor patio's should be done soon.

When your intercom system is on the street it will be a necessary evil to scrub it down often much like your car at the car wash!

A truckload of appliances be delivered.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2015, 4:55 AM

[QUOTE=YYC;7099964]I bought a Terrace suite and talking to the sales team it looks like they are starting possessions August 18th. I most likely won't move in until first week in September which is fine. Can't wait![/QUO
Aug 18 is unlikely. Probably more like sept 18.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 2:17 PM

[QUOTE=Sands;7100385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC View Post
I bought a Terrace suite and talking to the sales team it looks like they are starting possessions August 18th. I most likely won't move in until first week in September which is fine. Can't wait![/QUO
Aug 18 is unlikely. Probably more like sept 18.
I heard the same thing about Aug 18 from the sales centre (won't believe it until I see it in writing).

Is it normal practice to have walk-throughs only a few days before possession? A friend of mine who recently bought elsewhere had two walkthroughs prior to possession, with the first over a month before in order to make sure any serious issues could be rectified in time.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 5:06 PM

[QUOTE=Lobsleazer;7101252]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands View Post

I heard the same thing about Aug 18 from the sales centre (won't believe it until I see it in writing).

Is it normal practice to have walk-throughs only a few days before possession? A friend of mine who recently bought elsewhere had two walkthroughs prior to possession, with the first over a month before in order to make sure any serious issues could be rectified in time.
I think every developer does it differently but I have purchased pre-construction before and was given my pre- walk through a couple day's before I took possession. I think it is just to make sure everything is complete. Looking forward seeing my views.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 12:02 AM

Some masonry work was done over the past week above the parkade door. Looks like move ins are now scheduled to start on August 24th. See fine print.......(Subject to any delay on the part of the The City of Calgary confirming permitted occupancy.)

Cement being poured on the deck of the outdoor common area.

The latest look inside the lobby from a couple of days ago. One of the guys on site told me that they should have the lobby done in about a week and the entire building should be completed by the second week in September.

First floor East side Patio's prepped and poured.

These guys were still working at 8:30 PM on Friday night painting this window sill.

It looked to me like some sealing work around the windows being done here today.

One of the canopies being painted today.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2015, 1:18 AM

The tower looks good when you can't see the disjointed podium.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2015, 1:20 AM

Some finishing details. Caulking the gap between panels.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive