HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 6:29 AM

I'm waiting for Telus to finish installing fiber on my half of the condo building.. zzzz. 150/150 soon for the same price.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 9:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion View Post
Shaw has the 150Mbps at $50 for the first year, $80 for the second year deal again. I was paying way more for 60 and should have more $$$ in two years so I jumped on it. As a competitive online gamer it's a no brainer.

Edit: yowza, love the over-delivery

Just got the same service recently.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 5:49 PM

Blast from the past.

I upgraded 2 months ago to 1GBit symmetrical from Novus in our building. Paying $112 per month with static IP, unlimited data download/upload. Don't have a speed test handy but my main computer gets around 970mbit up and 880mbit down on average.

We don't have cable TV and just stream everything and I run a business. It was also cheaper technically than the Internet 300/30 service I had from them before.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 7:43 PM

I had free gigabit from Novus for a year. It's pretty incredible, but I really couldn't take advantage of it. I downgraded to 100M (at $45/month + tax) which is still plenty for my needs, with multiple streaming feeds. Fiber to my suite means my latency is typically 1ms too which is nice. There's no comparison to Novus for pricing and service.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion