HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 4:30 AM

what about the joe freeman

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 7:11 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtobias View Post
what about the joe freeman
Soccer requires a field that is larger than an American football field.

The Freeman Coliseum is nowhere near that size.

For comparison, the field at the Alamodome is barely big enough to accomodate professional soccer.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 8:34 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Tear it down and build a MLS stadium.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2009, 9:02 PM

I know this has nothing to do with the Mayor's race or even Soccer, but there was a story in the Bizjournal about the Rampage being a solid franchise. I have never been to a game, but the numbers are pretty impressive.
a piece from the story.
Quote:
Miceli says the Rampage drew a total of 206,680 fans to AT&T Center this season — a record number for the franchise. He say SS&E’s hockey team set another mark, attracting an average of nearly 5,200 fans to 40 home games.

The season total represents a 14 percent improvement over the Rampage’s 2007-08 attendance total. And it’s a 25 percent increase over what the team drew in 2006-07, say Miceli and Ryan Snider, director of business operations for the Rampage.

In fact, the turnstiles at Rampage games spun more frequently during the stretch run of that 40-game home schedule.

Miceli and Snider say the Rampage averaged 7,300 or more fans at nine of the team’s last 11 home games. The Rampage’s turnstile count averaged 8,800 during the final nine games played on a Friday or Saturday.

This season, the Rampage skated in front of crowds of 10,000 or more fans twice. On Feb. 28, the Rampage drew a franchise record 10,265 fans.
I think thats pretty impressive given the lack of exposure that hockey gets around here. Even in MLB the Astro's get love around here and with the NFL of course the Cowboys. But given that you don't hear much about the Stars or the NHL much, I think this and the increase in popularity of the games is pretty good for SA.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted Apr 29, 2009, 12:26 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

They need to broadcast the games locally for the Rampage and the Missions. I know they use to broadcast Rampage games a few years ago. They'd probably become pretty popular if they did.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio