HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokim99 View Post
I purchased a unit on this project and wrote a contract last week. I went to drop off the cheque yesterday and was told that all the units has been allocated and they are saying it is pretty much "sold out".
Effing hell, the neighbourhood this building will be in isn’t even Prime Central Surrey! Safe to say, realtors will now use these prices per sq/ft as the new benchmark.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
Effing hell, the neighbourhood this building will be in isn’t even Prime Central Surrey! Safe to say, realtors will now use these prices per sq/ft as the new benchmark.
Well , I think king George area has it's own advantages as well I think - it's closer to hospital , terminal station for skytrain , closer to emerging medical district (Lark group ones) , etc.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Well , I think king George area has it's own advantages as well I think - it's closer to hospital , terminal station for skytrain , closer to emerging medical district (Lark group ones) , etc.
was parking included?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummozebra View Post
was parking included?
Nope - not the cheapest ones...

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 1:09 PM

Quote:
I purchased a unit on this project and wrote a contract last week. I went to drop off the cheque yesterday and was told that all the units has been allocated and they are saying it is pretty much "sold out".
Hmmmm, interesting. Was it during their sneak peek appointments the past weekend?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyayov View Post
Hmmmm, interesting. Was it during their sneak peek appointments the past weekend?
I don't understand...

Just got email and it said they got 1000 priority placement forms since Monday 2pm this week. It is more than twice as much as their condo offer. But they still provide more VIP appointments to view available home next 2 weeks.

If all condo were sold already, what are they doing ? I read The Globe and Mail newspaper, they said investors and agents bought many condo at lower price before the public offering in other projects.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummozebra View Post

697 of 738 homes were purchased by local residents
1 in 4 are first time home buyers
65% live within 20km
30% came from a Vancouver address

So if that's the case it still seems like this is simple supply and demand - but absolutely by no means am I an expert.
I don't believe these stats...

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Hmm understand your concern. However , one thing to note is that.. Hilton hotel will be coming to this tower right ? do you think that Hilton would commit to a project if they thought that developer was going to crap out ? I would also say this is probably higher quality building then HUB because this building will come with A/C in all units , swimming pool , wine bar, etc. while HUB does not.
Please read the forum for 3CP residential tower and hotel. They have delay after delay and many other issues and concerns. It is at Surrey Central station area, few minutes from this new project. They said A/C is still not working in hotel yet.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
Please read the forum for 3CP residential tower and hotel. They have delay after delay and many other issues and concerns. It is at Surrey Central station area, few minutes from this new project. They said A/C is still not working in hotel yet.
rokim99 owns a unit in 3CP.

Last edited by Cypherus; Jun 22, 2018 at 1:33 AM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
I don't believe these stats...
I'm sure they are embellished a little bit

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
Plus, he is also the headmaster of that thread

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
Just heard that strata fee at 3CP is doubled and it is more than Park Ave, but they have almost no amenity. It is not nice. The hotel is nice there but 3CP tower doesn't get any free service from them. Anyone knows if Avani provides any hotel service and facility to the residents above them ?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 8:29 PM

lmao e-clam just loves to make negative comments about 3CP every chance he gets in any thread to make himself feel good for purchasing at Park Ave instead. You don't like 3CP, we get it dude.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 1:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
did u try to negotiate at all? did you get any decorating allowance?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilmoreStation View Post
did u try to negotiate at all? did you get any decorating allowance?
No I did not... in fact what i heard is that developer actually raised the prices and had no problem having people walk away because they can sell to next person in line for more money.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 2:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
No I did not... in fact what i heard is that developer actually raised the prices and had no problem having people walk away because they can sell to next person in line for more money.
that's one hell of a greedy developer!!!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
Definitely on the real-estate front.

As for prime central surrey prices, I would have to disagree with that concept having lived in Surrey Central now for 10 years, and in Surrey itself for 38 years. The area surrounding King George Station is actually quite prime and I'd argue may be more prime than Surrey Central at this time.

It is more developed, as close to amenities as SC, expanding quicker than Surrey Central, has less visible social problems, is not as busy, and will be a transit hub area similar to Waterfront with the LRT and extended SkyTrain to Langley. That's in addition to being closer to RCMP E-Division, Jim Pattison, Surrey Memorial, and the Innovation Boulevard. Sure Surrey Central is being sold as the "University" hub but with the exception of foreign students, last I checked your average University student makes a heck of a lot less than RCMP officers, doctors, and nurses.

Fraser Highway is also a more direct car route out to the Valley and eastern areas of Surrey and directly connects you to 96th Avenue which will get you to HWY1 typically faster than down 104th (especially when LRT is complete).

So I'd actually argue that today the King George Skytrain area IS actually the prime area of Central Surrey though the area around Surrey Central has the potential to be more prime in years to come.

It isn't today though, not to me in reality, so I'm not entirely shocked by the prices and speed at which these places are selling. I'm more surprised that the prices have risen so quickly (it's literally been 3 years and prices have more than doubled, almost tripled in some cases).

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Definitely on the real-estate front.

As for prime central surrey prices, I would have to disagree with that concept having lived in Surrey Central now for 10 years, and in Surrey itself for 38 years. The area surrounding King George Station is actually quite prime and I'd argue may be more prime than Surrey Central at this time.

It is more developed, as close to amenities as SC, expanding quicker than Surrey Central, has less visible social problems, is not as busy, and will be a transit hub area similar to Waterfront with the LRT and extended SkyTrain to Langley. That's in addition to being closer to RCMP E-Division, Jim Pattison, Surrey Memorial, and the Innovation Boulevard. Sure Surrey Central is being sold as the "University" hub but with the exception of foreign students, last I checked your average University student makes a heck of a lot less than RCMP officers, doctors, and nurses.

Fraser Highway is also a more direct car route out to the Valley and eastern areas of Surrey and directly connects you to 96th Avenue which will get you to HWY1 typically faster than down 104th (especially when LRT is complete).

So I'd actually argue that today the King George Skytrain area IS actually the prime area of Central Surrey though the area around Surrey Central has the potential to be more prime in years to come.

It isn't today though, not to me in reality, so I'm not entirely shocked by the prices and speed at which these places are selling. I'm more surprised that the prices have risen so quickly (it's literally been 3 years and prices have more than doubled, almost tripled in some cases).
I agree, I think we have the best of both worlds in this neighbourhood. I's only a short walk to Central, which I do regularly, but in general I just prefer this area for what it has to offer now as well as for what is coming.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 7:25 AM

How are these units selling? Anyone knows?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101a View Post
How are these units selling? Anyone knows?
You joined just to ask that? Phone hem and they could give you information

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley