HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 2:01 AM
-

Ok maybe someone can help me here. Everytime I drive to new airport terminal I still cant figure out how they are bringing traffic to the airport before the flyover ramp is built. Its such a weird area and Im unsure how traffic is supposed to flow through there. its also quite ugly going through the area as is so Im curious how its going to work for opening and then tie into the flyover ramps.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 3:45 AM

I agree they shouldn't have started the new terminal until the funding was in place to build the interchange, especially knowing the state is broke. If it's any consolation, the majority of the parking and the rental car facility will still be accessed via the current access road, lightening the traffic on Loyola. Of course that means that you'll need a shuttle to get from there to terminal.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 3:54 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
I agree they shouldn't have started the new terminal until the funding was in place to build the interchange, especially knowing the state is broke. If it's any consolation, the majority of the parking and the rental car facility will still be accessed via the current access road, lightening the traffic on Loyola. Of course that means that you'll need a shuttle to get from there to terminal.
but surely they will do something with the street that are there I mean its not possible to work with whats there now.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 4:07 AM

First...thanks for the clarification on the Annunciation project. I forgot about those earlier renderings of the building. Looking forward to seeing this finally get built.

Second...a new airport access road will be constructed from the terminal to the Loyola and Veterans intersection. This road will be 2 lanes in each direction, and there will be sound walls built on both sides which will prohibit neighborhood traffic from accessing the new road. All of the shuttle traffic heading to the rental car center and parking will take an improved and widened Bainbridge to Vets and then on over to old access road.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 5:42 PM

Quote:
I thought the state got some sort of grant recently to fund the interchange?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Yeah I'm fine with budget hotels in the Warehouse District, I just don't want one right at Lee Circle. Not many cities have a roundabout like that, it's really the focal point of the whole neighborhood (along with Lafayette Square).

Once Holiday Inn Express goes in, there will be no street-level activity anywhere on the circle except for Circle Bar and the god-awful Exxon. The GNO Foundation is nice architecturally, but has no retail either and the ground floor is elevated.
GNOF's building will have a small (1,400sf) retail space - they're targeting a coffeeshop or cafe. Not huge, but it's something.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
I thought the state got some sort of grant recently to fund the interchange?
Yeah, they're fast tracking the project to where there should at least be a ramp heading in from the westbound direction by 2018. The traffic analysis and design stages are underway concurrently.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 4:13 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Yeah, they're fast tracking the project to where there should at least be a ramp heading in from the westbound direction by 2018. The traffic analysis and design stages are underway concurrently.
Yeah we know what will be built its just that wont be ready for the airport opening. will look great though.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 4:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
First...thanks for the clarification on the Annunciation project. I forgot about those earlier renderings of the building. Looking forward to seeing this finally get built.

Second...a new airport access road will be constructed from the terminal to the Loyola and Veterans intersection. This road will be 2 lanes in each direction, and there will be sound walls built on both sides which will prohibit neighborhood traffic from accessing the new road. All of the shuttle traffic heading to the rental car center and parking will take an improved and widened Bainbridge to Vets and then on over to old access road.
Ok that makes some sense because I was like I dont understand how this will work. Whos paying for this road?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Ok that makes some sense because I was like I dont understand how this will work. Whos paying for this road?
Kenner moves forward on $7.5 million airport terminal road
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...ing_on_ai.html

$10M pledged for new I-10 ramp near airport in Kenner
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...i-10_ramp.html

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...713c361a4.html

Old Posted Sep 24, 2016, 9:19 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
Kenner moves forward on $7.5 million airport terminal road
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...ing_on_ai.html

$10M pledged for new I-10 ramp near airport in Kenner
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...i-10_ramp.html

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...713c361a4.html

Awesome.. thanks for the information.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 1:10 AM

Claiborne overpass

What is the last anyone has heard about removing the Claiborne overpass? It seems as if the idea has slowly died? Nothing would do more to salvage the center of the city than removing that highway.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAandMagazine View Post
What is the last anyone has heard about removing the Claiborne overpass? It seems as if the idea has slowly died? Nothing would do more to salvage the center of the city than removing that highway.
I believe the demolition idea quietly died when the Port complained that all their Eastbound trucks would be either stuck in traffic or have an extra 10 miles added each way by taking I-610. There's no cheap or easy solution to that problem.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 4:22 AM

I get the intentions, but I believe removing that elevated section of I-10 would be unspeakably bad for the city. Any aesthetic benefit would be negated as Claiborne would need to be expanded by 2-4 lanes and the traffic would be terrible. 610 would probably also need to be expanded so then those neighborhoods would have to deal with that. There's really no alternative route for that traffic, especially truck/port traffic. All of that which is currently out of the way and out of sight on 10 would be shifted to neighborhood streets.

Investing in blight eradication and landscaping/green space would do much more to improve the neighborhoods adjacent to I-10.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2016, 2:09 PM
-

Quote:
I get the intentions, but I believe removing that elevated section of I-10 would be unspeakably bad for the city. Any aesthetic benefit would be negated as Claiborne would need to be expanded by 2-4 lanes and the traffic would be terrible. 610 would probably also need to be expanded so then those neighborhoods would have to deal with that. There's really no alternative route for that traffic, especially truck/port traffic. All of that which is currently out of the way and out of sight on 10 would be shifted to neighborhood streets.

Investing in blight eradication and landscaping/green space would do much more to improve the neighborhoods adjacent to I-10.
The most likely thing to happen is the removal of some exit and entrance ramps. Otherwise I think its workable whats currently there.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 4:52 PM
-

934 Montegut St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: 7348ZX
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Jacob Martin
Permit Case Created
Date Filed:
9/22/2016
Closed:
No
Description
The house caught fire June 1st and 60% of the structure still stands and we would like to build it back how it was with few changes. It was a 9 plex before the Katrina and we would like to go back with 4 units.

djsnola
729 Canal St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: CZYJAC
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Kirk Fabacher
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
9/22/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Modify existing storefront.

600 Decatur St, Store 1065·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: VJAWMS
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Ryan Mayer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/23/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Interior Tenant Build Out of Retail Store “It'Sugar” as per plans

djsnola
Mayor Landrieu, City Officials to Remind Residents of Updates to New FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps that Go into Effect this Week

SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
NEW ORLEANS –TOMORROW, September 27, 2016, Mayor Mitch Landrieu will join City Officials to remind residents of the updates to the new FEMA flood insurance rates that go into effect for New Orleans this Friday, Sept. 30, 2016.

The new FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) are available online external link where residents can view information about their property by navigating to their state, parish and local address.

Due to significant improvements in drainage and flood protection, more than 53 percent of all properties in New Orleans were removed from Special Flood Hazard Areas (“A” zones”) and as a result, will benefit from more affordable flood insurance. Under the new FIRMS, many homeowners will be eligible for a significantly lower flood insurance rate.

Media Availability

WHO: Mayor Mitch Landrieu

City Officials

Michael Hecht, President & CEO, GNO Inc.

WHAT: Remind residents of updates to new FEMA flood insurance rate maps

WHEN: TOMORROW, September 27, 2016

10 a.m.

WHERE: New Orleans City Hall
Mayor’s Press Room
1300 Perdido St.
New Orleans, LA 70112

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 6:05 PM
-

GNO Foundation/GNOCHi Institute:

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 6:07 PM
-

940 Julia:

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 6:09 PM
-

The Standard:

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 6:13 PM
-

Dave and Busters:

Troubadour, Pythian:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations