HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Lincoln Park 2520 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 13, 2011, 4:52 PM

^^^ hahaha I thought the same thing! I thought we could all use a laugh o this Sunday morning

Old Posted Mar 2, 2011, 6:51 PM
tilted & shifted

It looks like this building will be two-tone. The cladding on the central tower is darker than that of the shorter towers.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 4:17 AM

^well that can only be a good thing imo....

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 3:58 PM
tilted & shifted

I agree. It will help break up the somewhat monolithic nature of this building.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 5:12 PM
ParanoidAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
Yes it does. There are segments (like by the Children's Hospital Extension or whatever it is) where you can't see it, but for most of the distance from Diversey to Fullerton this building is making its presence known. Walk South along Clark from Diversey and you'll see what I mean.
On my L ride in this morning (blue line- Bucktown), I could see it very clearly. It looks huge, almost like an optical illusion.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 6:26 PM

I mentioned earlier it will be 3 colors: all off-beige variations, grey, orange, and yellow.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 8:04 PM
BANNED

^^^ Like turds digested from three different meals all mushed together into one big abomination!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 5:31 AM
Onkel Dagobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
^^^ Like turds digested from three different meals all mushed together into one big abomination!
And if they VE the roof a la Elysian style, then it will be a real case of architectural indigestion.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 2:55 AM
tilted & shifted

Taken on 3/2:

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 3:47 AM
Metal Up Your !

^^^^

Nothing short of beautiful.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 11:46 PM
Deerhoof Evangelist

3/16

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 6:42 PM
tilted & shifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
^^^^

Nothing short of beautiful.
Thanks.

Crews have finally begun to demolish the hideous parking structure on Deming adjacent to Children's Memorial Hospital. As each piece of this beast comes down, neighboring property values go up.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 9:28 PM

Residential property, perhaps. Are commercial properties increasing in value, too? The high vacancy on that stretch of Clark retail suggests otherwise, with asking rents (and thus, commercial loans more than a few years old) based on a time long past when there was the added mid-day retail demand due to the many hospital workers, guests, and family members.

LP area retail needs a LOT more housing units to make up for the lost spending power that the multiple shuttered/shuttering hospitals brought... and the Webster Square debacle suggests new housing units will be scarce indeed. Indeed, LP was one of several nice north side areas that has significantly fewer total households in 2010 than it did in 2000 due to the gradual deconversion of three-flats into McMansions, with totally inadequate replacement multi-family construction to keep up the total population numbers. Ideally, the Children's Memorial redevelopment would add literally several hundred new housing units while also provide some substantial office, educational, and other employement-oriented space to maintain at least some of the mid-day demand in the area.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 2:43 AM

3/30

All photos by me

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 7:06 AM
Metal Up Your !

Wow, I'm really liking the facade for this one! Thanks for the awesome pictures!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 7:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLFuego View Post
Residential property, perhaps. Are commercial properties increasing in value, too? The high vacancy on that stretch of Clark retail suggests otherwise, with asking rents (and thus, commercial loans more than a few years old) based on a time long past when there was the added mid-day retail demand due to the many hospital workers, guests, and family members.

LP area retail needs a LOT more housing units to make up for the lost spending power that the multiple shuttered/shuttering hospitals brought... and the Webster Square debacle suggests new housing units will be scarce indeed. Indeed, LP was one of several nice north side areas that has significantly fewer total households in 2010 than it did in 2000 due to the gradual deconversion of three-flats into McMansions, with totally inadequate replacement multi-family construction to keep up the total population numbers. Ideally, the Children's Memorial redevelopment would add literally several hundred new housing units while also provide some substantial office, educational, and other employement-oriented space to maintain at least some of the mid-day demand in the area.
That is a great point and should be echoed throughout the city as to why we need more intense use / density not less.Of course in certain areas there will be a transformation of the retail type....I mean I think the condo conversion etc near the southport corridor from what was essentially a working class neighborhood to the multi-million dollar SFH that are present there has been a boon to the retail strip on southport from IP to Addison.

So it is possible that those new fangled millionaires in their faux french embassy homes may lead to significantly different type of retail....think spas, fancy bistros, boutiquey retail etc

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 7:55 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Wow, I'm really liking the facade for this one! Thanks for the awesome pictures!
you gotta be kiddingthough the pictures themselves are great hayward

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 8:00 AM
TL;DR

No joke, this is kinda Gaudi-esque.

It's actually not too offensive - the curves in the precast at the upper corners of the windows are pretty nice, and the sweep across the balcony pieces is also very sensual.

If only the windows weren't off-the-shelf Menards-quality vinyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 8:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
No joke, this is kinda Gaudi-esque.

It's actually not too offensive - the curves in the precast at the upper corners of the windows are pretty nice, and the sweep across the balcony pieces is also very sensual.

If only the windows weren't off-the-shelf Menards-quality vinyl.
You mean gaudy-esque? No?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 5:31 PM

Quote:
wait till you see the finished product.....

does precast age well? meaning after 5-10 years it'll get kind of gritty? I hope so...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive