HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve8263 View Post
Interesting to see the Ferrante lot cleared and how prominent it is from the North. Too bad they weren't way more creative and opted to go with a mix of housing types around some open space instead.

Ferrante by Hunter, on Flickr
I feel like the 1111 Sunset project proposed at the former MWD complex should have been proposed at the Ferrante lot. Instead of just 3 towers, they could have squeezed one more if built at the Ferrante lot.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 7:09 PM

A preview of what's to come?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 10:24 PM

Anyone know what the big build-out is at the Bloc retail center (7th/hope)? Looks to be taking the entire corner section and extending some steel out towards 7th.
Also, noticed the fire damaged pickle factory building in the AD was fully demolished.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLA-Joe View Post
Anyone know what the big build-out is at the Bloc retail center (7th/hope)? Looks to be taking the entire corner section and extending some steel out towards 7th.
https://www.theblocla.com/retailers/joey-restaurants/

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Old Posted Feb 21, 2019, 4:22 PM

Ferrante Developer G. Palmer

Prominent DTLA developer G. Palmer in the news:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/tru...osits-lawsuit/

Old Posted Feb 25, 2019, 7:27 AM

Has construction resumed at Oceanwide?

Old Posted Feb 25, 2019, 2:27 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Feb 25, 2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Yet curiously the article said that work is continuing on Oceanwide San Francisco, even though it is still in the foundation stage. It would seem to me that they should continue the L.A. project, and sell units to raise cash. San Francisco has so much more work to do and massive massive costs, before they derive any revenues. Years away. L.A. is mainly just interior work--costly--but not as much as the SF project costs to go. Finish (or sell) the L.A.project, then move on to SF. Also, maybe a trade deal with China that now seems more likely will remove tariffs and lower costs for these projects. Good news for development if it happens.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 3:14 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Must be that they believe they can sell off enough assets quickly enough to not have to stop work on the SF project.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blesha13 View Post
Has construction resumed at Oceanwide?
I'm hopeful, trusting that what happened in Las Vegas during the Great Recession would never happen in L.A., right? Recall, for instance, the uncompleted Fountainbleu project remained an eyesore for 10 years, along with the Echelon Project and the unfinished tower at Palazzo, all eyesores for years.

I would hope that L.A. would not allow for something like this to happen there, and that the city would step in and do something, that Las Vegas county commissioners couldn't.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
I'm hopeful, trusting that what happened in Las Vegas during the Great Recession would never happen in L.A., right? Recall, for instance, the uncompleted Fountainbleu project remained an eyesore for 10 years, along with the Echelon Project and the unfinished tower at Palazzo, all eyesores for years.

I would hope that L.A. would not allow for something like this to happen there, and that the city would step in and do something, that Las Vegas county commissioners couldn't.
Totally agreed!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post

You'll have better odds hoping the market fixes things; not unelected bureaucrats.
And if they do it'll be with our taxpayers money, not theirs you can be damn sure.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 6:37 PM

I have some good news!

A senior project manager on the Wilshire Grand confirmed that there is both money reserved and a plan for full lighting of the spire. I won't go into details, but they're just waiting on administrative sign-off for a few things (non-spire related things) before they'll proceed. The plan is to drill holes through the spire and insert LED lighting all the way. Judging from the A+ quality of every part of this project, I bet it will look fantastic.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 6:59 PM

Historic DTLA Art Deco Gem Transformed into Stunning Creative Office

https://brighamyen.com/2019/02/27/dt...eative-office/

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 8:16 PM

You sound like someone planted by the company to boost public confidence in the project and grow its value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
I have some good news!

A senior project manager on the Wilshire Grand confirmed that there is both money reserved and a plan for full lighting of the spire. I won't go into details, but they're just waiting on administrative sign-off for a few things (non-spire related things) before they'll proceed. The plan is to drill holes through the spire and insert LED lighting all the way. Judging from the A+ quality of every part of this project, I bet it will look fantastic.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcheckjj View Post
You sound like someone planted by the company to boost public confidence in the project and grow its value.
Lol what company, Korean Airlines? That's a pretty silly thing to say
because:
  • I posted this because it has been a frequent topic of conversation on this board. Look back at posts when it opened.
  • You think buyers of this building are going to value it based on whether its spire is lit up?? Real estate is valued on cash flow bro.
  • I've been a poster in this forum for like 5 years, you think I've been posting all that time for as part of a grand plan to pump up excitement to non-existent investors on this forum based on a few lights?? Hopefully Korean Airlines could do a little better than that.
  • Korean Airlines is very clearly not selling this building anytime in the foreseeable future.
  • I don't have any affiliation with this building and literally don't even know a single person who works at Korean Airlines
  • I was at an event where a presentation was given about the building, and decided to share

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I have some good news!

LOL! I don't get the whole spire thing. I suppose if they are well thought out and done in a way to complement the building (One World Trade Center for example) they can look pretty nice.. But the one on WG just looks like an afterthought to gain that title of tallest building west of the Mississippi. I do not think it should be lit up, let alone be there at all.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 3:06 AM

Quote:
I have some good news!

That's awesome news! Thanks

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 3:08 AM

Quote:
I have some good news!

Hopefully they have the entire spire lit up in time for the 4th of July

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 3:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesBeauty View Post

Historic DTLA Art Deco Gem Transformed into Stunning Creative Office

https://brighamyen.com/2019/02/27/dt...eative-office/
It's truly spectacular and the rest of the vacant buildings on Broadway need to follow suit. I really wish the city would invest in our downtown infrastructure because it's just pure shit. Our streets would improve 10 fold with just the basic maintenance and repairs, let alone upgrades

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations