HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

2300 Kingsway in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 18, 2010, 6:09 AM
BANNED

3333 Main Street | 18m | 5 fl | Completed

Sales Office opened up today...well not exactly the sales office/display centre, just a trailer with a model. Sales person wasn't able to give out floorplans or pricing yet as he said they are being worked on. He didn't have a lot of information on the project just said to register online and come back in a few weeks. I asked about HST and he said they only give 7% back...hst is 12% so hmmm...... Seemed like he didn't know too much about his own project. Looking forward to see the display centre hopefully they will have more information in a few weeks.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2010, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lantern View Post
Sales Office opened up today...well not exactly the sales office/display centre, just a trailer with a model. Sales person wasn't able to give out floorplans or pricing yet as he said they are being worked on. He didn't have a lot of information on the project just said to register online and come back in a few weeks. I asked about HST and he said they only give 7% back...hst is 12% so hmmm...... Seemed like he didn't know too much about his own project. Looking forward to see the display centre hopefully they will have more information in a few weeks.
5% would put it back to where it was...

Old Posted Oct 28, 2010, 6:50 AM
BANNED

Any updates?

Anyone heard anything about updates on marketing materials and when the presentation centre will be opening? I'm wondering if anyone on this forum is going to be buying here.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 6:04 PM

Can someone provide details (height, status [approved?]) for this project?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 7:22 PM

Its approved and under construction. According to the city website its 59' tall with 5 stories.
http://vancouver.ca/ctyclerk/cclerk/...cuments/p5.pdf

Seems like a big project (98 units) to go ahead without any pre-sales.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 9:23 PM
ON3P Skis

They have already leased a portion (or more) of the ground floor space so they bank probably didn't need presales to release the first portion of the construction loan. I'd expect sales to start before the crane is installed (or very shortly afterwards).

edit: I'm wrong, crane is up. I still expect sales to begin soon-ish.

Last edited by wrenegade; Oct 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 10:46 PM

Crane's been up for a few weeks, you can see it in this picture I took of the sales centre construction:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=2282

Old Posted Nov 6, 2010, 8:08 PM

Some floorplans now on hoodsurf: http://www.hoodsurf.com/2010/11/04/3...ins-pre-sales/

Looks like @ $570 per sq.ft.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2010, 8:30 AM
BANNED

Display centre is now open

The display centre opened up today, albeit they didn't seem very organized. The top floor isn't for sale yet nor were floor plans revealed which is kinda strange. Guess they are saving the best for last. Wasn't blown away by the finishings but decent enough for the price. Noticed a few folks with their checkbooks out so whatever units they had sold probably got snatched up. Still scratching my head about why they didn't realease the 5th floor units (they said they didn't even have floorplans for the 5th floor and weren't sure how many bedrooms the units would be).

Old Posted Nov 14, 2010, 6:16 PM

I dropped in as well and also found it odd they were holding some units back. Why would I plunk down money on one unit, if a better one might be available later?

Old Posted Nov 14, 2010, 6:24 PM

Quote:
The display centre opened up today, albeit they didn't seem very organized. The top floor isn't for sale yet nor were floor plans revealed which is kinda strange. Guess they are saving the best for last. Wasn't blown away by the finishings but decent enough for the price. Noticed a few folks with their checkbooks out so whatever units they had sold probably got snatched up. Still scratching my head about why they didn't realease the 5th floor units (they said they didn't even have floorplans for the 5th floor and weren't sure how many bedrooms the units would be).
Who knows, the developer is still working with the city on changes to the previously approved plan so they are not yet ready to release for sale.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2010, 7:14 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

It's not unusual for a developer to hold back units, in fact it's almost standard operating procedure. Sell the weakest units first at lower prices, then release the more desirable units and point to the fact that demand is strong within the project. It's always easy to sell the good units, it's the bad units that are tough to offload.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 8:26 PM
BANNED

Pricing

There are some units still available. IE: Top floor NW corner unit 2 bedroom for about $800,000 Still too overpriced IMO. They shouldn't be more than $650,000 for this area.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 7:23 AM
BANNED

Building is now 30% sold

From what I heard from a sales agent they had a smashing opening and 30 percent of units sold. Did anyone buy into this unit? Did you end up paying full price or did you receive a discount..ie HST included?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 8:38 AM
ON3P Skis

I must say 30% sold is a little surprising. They have some decent floorplans but I still thought the prices were a little on the high side. Close to $100/sq. ft. more expensive than 33 & Main, prices were pretty much in line with District. Good for Bastion.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 3:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
There are some units still available. IE: Top floor NW corner unit 2 bedroom for about $800,000 Still too overpriced IMO. They shouldn't be more than $650,000 for this area.
i agree that is ridiculous for main street, downtown tis not

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 4:57 PM

From a non-sales agent source, the opening was relatively quiet, though apparently they're about 20% sold. Still pretty impressive. Average pricing is $620 psf which is very high for a woodframe building.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
From a non-sales agent source, the opening was relatively quiet, though apparently they're about 20% sold. Still pretty impressive. Average pricing is $620 psf which is very high for a woodframe building.
Wow, particularly on Main and 17th or wherever that is.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 5:30 PM
loafing in lotusland

I think people are trying to buy into Main thinking it will become the next place to be. It's getting quite trendy... I'll give it that.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 6:28 PM
ON3P Skis

Pretty sure this is concrete not woodframe.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver