HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 5:09 AM

New Home Builder

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. My wife and I currently own a exterior renovation company, this year was pretty good to us and we are now ready to start a new division of our company.
We are going to start building homes. We want to start with building spec homes in new communities in Okotoks or Airdrie. We would love to start building in Calgary but getting a lot from the developers is just impossible. We found a lot in Okotoks in the new community of Cimarron. It is a pie shaped lot, around 3800 sqf. The developer is asking for $150k for the lot and I have no other reference to compare it with.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience in this department who can help me determine if it is an average price for me to build a home and sell it for a profit. We are planning to build a house that would be in the range of 450k-500k.

Any reference or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thank you all and stay warm!

Cheers

Sam

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates