HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Feb 18, 2011, 5:08 PM

Trans Hub Ontario

From the Hamilton’s Chamber of Commerce this morning.

Quote:
February 18, 2011 Hamilton, Ontario

Dolbec Leaving Chamber for New CEO Post

Hamilton - The man who has led Hamilton’s Chamber of Commerce for 13 years is leaving to head up the region’s new “gateway” initiative.

John Dolbec is resigning his role as CEO of the Chamber to become founding President and CEO of Trans Hub Ontario, a multi-partner initiative aimed at realizing Hamilton’s potential as a transportation gateway. He begins his new role on Monday, March 7, 2011.

“I am very excited about this new opportunity although of course I leave the Chamber with mixed emotions,” Dolbec said. “It has been a great 13 years but I am ready for a new challenge. Trans Hub will allow me to use the skills and contacts I’ve built up at the Chamber in a new way to benefit Hamilton and the Region.”

“We thank John for his leadership and tireless efforts over the years as our CEO,” says Richard Koroscil, chair of the Chamber’s Board of Directors. “We’re happy that he isn’t going too far, and we expect that he will cross paths many times with the Chamber and its people through his work with Trans Hub Ontario.”

Dolbec said he most valued the relationships he has forged with the business community, as well as staff and elected officials at the City of Hamilton. “I would also like to salute the Chamber staff. We are a small team but we do a lot, and I’m grateful for the support I’ve had as CEO.”

Koroscil said the Board of Directors has appointed Don Crossley, of Shoreacres Marketing, as interim CEO, and will immediately begin a search for John Dolbec’s replacement.

Trans Hub Ontario is a newly formed not-for-profit organization tasked with promoting the greater Hamilton region as a transportation gateway for the movement of goods. It is a membership organization made up of private and public sector organizations involved in and supporting the transportation sector.

Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, the “Voice of Hamilton Business" since 1845, now comprises almost 2,000 individuals representing about 1,200 employers of all sizes, and from over 130 diverse sectors, who collectively employ some 75,000 Hamiltonians Full Time from all parts of this City.

-30-
For more information, please contact either:
John Dolbec at 905-522-1121, ext. 229, j.dolbec@hamiltonchamber.on.ca ; or
Richard Koroscil at 905-531-1900, or rkoroscil@flyhi.ca.

Backgrounder: John Dolbec

Born in Toronto, Ontario in 1950, John has since lived in 10 municipalities in three provinces (Ontario, Quebec & Newfoundland). In 1972, he graduated with a B. A. in History from Sir George Williams (now known as Concordia) University in Montreal. He also attended Teachers’ College at McGill University and briefly taught high school history. John served 23 years with the Bank of Montreal in various communities, including Hamilton. He became an active volunteer for the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce in 1993, and then joined the Chamber as Chief Executive Officer in January 1998.
His peers at the Chamber Executives of Ontario recognized John in 2003 by awarding him with the prestigious James D. Carnegie Memorial Award for providing leadership and mentoring support to other Chamber professionals throughout the Province. John is Vice Chair of the Friends of HMCS Haida, and a Director of: the Canadian Forces Liaison Council, the Chamber of Commerce Executives of Canada and the Canadian Grenadier Guards Foundation, and remains a founding member of the Jobs Prosperity Collaborative. He is also a Past President of the Rotary Club of Hamilton AM, and Past Chair of the Chamber Executives of Ontario, as well a past founding member of the Hamilton Roundtable for Poverty Reduction; plus has served as a Director of the Industry Education Council, The Ontario Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Club of Hamilton

Backgrounder: Trans Hub Ontario

The development of Trans Hub Ontario came out of a study done by McMaster University’s Institute of Transportation Logistics and Management (MITL). MITL studied Hamilton’s potential as a gateway for the movement of goods – by definition, a gateway is a convergence point for rail lines, truck routes, sea or lake shipping facilities and air transport. The report said by virtue of its assets, Hamilton is already a gateway but needs to be positioned and promoted as such in order to attract infrastructure funding and development to further its role.

Richard Koroscil and Demetrius Tsfaridis, CEO of Carego Group, co-chaired a committee to get Trans Hub Ontario up and running. Trans Hub is the mechanism through the concept of Hamilton as a gateway city will be refined and expanded. The founding partners of Trans Hub Ontario are: CareGo Innovative Solutions Inc., Hamilton International Airport Ltd., and the Hamilton Port Authority

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure