HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
I actually think we'll eventually see this happen, Kevin.

Are Buda, Kyle, San Marcos & New Braunfels all exploding with growth enough to actually connect the two in the near future - or is there still a lot of open land between them all once you get away from the freeway? I'm wondering if there is a lot of commuting overlap that goes on between any or all of these places.

Just curious, as I'm not familiar with your area on a personal level at all.
Well, NY and Philly are about 85 miles, similar distance as between Austin and San Antonio, and there is intense development all along the way between the two northeastern cities. Nobody suggests making NY and Philly into a single metro. Let's get real here.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 9:30 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzppjb View Post
I also noticed you took the time to point out a typo in my quote. Are you a bit OCD? There's nothing wrong with that. If you are, it would help me understand why you correct people so often.

I see typos in your posts from time to time, but I don't see people pointing them out.

Just wondering.
Yes, I am.

I know I have typos. I really wish people would point them out so I can go back and fix them, actually.

In real life, I have panic attacks if I can't hear someone say something and they can't repeat exactly what it was they said back to me immediately. I'll stop people and be like "what was it you just said" and oftentimes they'll respond with "oh, I basically said blah blah blah" and I'll start feeling like the world has closed in on me because they weren't able to repeat what they said word for word. I'll think about it for hours afterward trying to put together in my mind what exactly it was they said by using context clues and their responses, etc. Thankfully it doesn't happen that often, because I try my hardest to pay attention to what someone is saying, so I don't need medication for it.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 9:31 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzppjb View Post
Go back and quote where I was arguing or saying anything about policies.
You said you wished Austin was smaller. The only way to accomplish that is through policy, ergo introducing policy in to the argument wasn't outlandish of me.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 10:05 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
You said you wished Austin was smaller. The only way to accomplish that is through policy, ergo introducing policy in to the argument wasn't outlandish of me.
I said I'd prefer it. Doesn't mean I would be ok with policies to try and force it. That's what created this traffic mess we deal with.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 10:05 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Quote:
Yes, I am.

I know I have typos. I really wish people would point them out so I can go back and fix them, actually.

In real life, I have panic attacks if I can't hear someone say something and they can't repeat exactly what it was they said back to me immediately. I'll stop people and be like "what was it you just said" and oftentimes they'll respond with "oh, I basically said blah blah blah" and I'll start feeling like the world has closed in on me because they weren't able to repeat what they said word for word. I'll think about it for hours afterward trying to put together in my mind what exactly it was they said by using context clues and their responses, etc. Thankfully it doesn't happen that often, because I try my hardest to pay attention to what someone is saying, so I don't need medication for it.
I have some hot buttons as well. You keep doing what you do, man.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 11:43 PM

Here's how I see the whole metro population vs. city population thing.

The metro area is like a dining room table, while the main city is like the centerpiece on that table.

So we've got the 34th largest "table" in the nation, and on that table sits the nation's 13th largest "centerpiece."

Some other places have bigger tables than we do, but smaller "centerpieces" on those tables.

....and yes, I've been drinking.

At my dining room table.

And it has no centerpiece.

Carry on.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2013, 6:02 AM

I love that analogy, Mike.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2013, 7:39 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Wow our table must be pretty sturdy to hold such a large centerpiece

Old Posted Jul 18, 2013, 11:41 AM
7th Gen Central Texan

Yep. Made of solid Texas Oak.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Wow our table must be pretty sturdy to hold such a large centerpiece
Uh...jdawgboy...did you mean to accentuate Mike's analogy with a... ahem...pillow fight?? Mike, I think we found you a drinking buddy!

Last edited by the Genral; Jul 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 6:47 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Yes, I am.

I have trouble hearing clearly and I'm in sales so I too get frustrated when my customers get frustrated with me when I have to keep asking them to repeat themselves. I hear loud but not clear. I sorta, kinda know how you feel.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin