HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 3:01 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
I'm actually being tortured in a conversion camp as I type this. Berta'!!!
I know of one place that might be considered a conversion camp in Alberta. There was a few in a similar situation in Ontario but there appears to be a rash of closures around 2009-2010.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nevergold View Post
When you start comparing Canada's health system to North Korea...
FYI (and I'm sorry if it wasn't clear already in that post) the only reason I brought up both Scandinavia and North Korea then was as an easy counter-example to the correlation implied by shreddog between public only vs 2-tier systems and socially liberal vs socially conservative...

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 11:33 PM
Home of Hyperchange

I went to conservation camp in high school. We learned about sustainable resource development and the like.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
FYI (and I'm sorry if it wasn't clear already in that post) the only reason I brought up both Scandinavia and North Korea then was as an easy counter-example to the correlation implied by shreddog between public only vs 2-tier systems and socially liberal vs socially conservative...
I know we disagree on health care, but the comparison to NK was a bit on the extreme edge is all. I think the Canadian system does well to expose mistakes and the media do a better job with reporting failures within the system that can be addressed rather than covering them up. When it comes to health care, there never will be a perfect system. North Korea really doesn't have a health care system, FWIW. The lack of creativity in North Korea is at such a profound state that even people who want to become medical doctors have no means to study and share information to put together any meaningful health care for anyone but the top brass of the party. I just don't see how its a valid comparison.

Canadian health care isn't free, quite the opposite in that its guaranteed payment.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 2:05 AM
ARTchitecture

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 2:23 AM

Awesome ! Very exotic for a Quebecois like me !

And I was so proud of my ''BIG'' laurentian mountains ... nothing come close to the rockies in this country !

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
I know of one place that might be considered a conversion camp in Alberta. There was a few in a similar situation in Ontario but there appears to be a rash of closures around 2009-2010.
Is it as effective as the one on Desperate Housewives?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 1:22 PM

Thanks for the nice pics, but it's not like the question that was asked was "do you Easterners believe that the West is devoid of nice scenery?"

(Plus, in these discussions I've always been candidly admitting that I've never been to the Canadian Prairies, putting myself in the category of arguably 'lesser' participants when it comes to my opinions or views on a variety of things East-of-Rockies-Western, or Non-Coastal-Western, or whatever you want to call the North American Great Plains region, but if the topic becomes about scenery only, then that changes, I've been West several times.)

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Thanks for the nice pics, but it's not like the question that was asked was "do you Easterners believe that the West is devoid of nice scenery?"

(Plus, in these discussions I've always been candidly admitting that I've never been to the Canadian Prairies, putting myself in the category of arguably 'lesser' participants when it comes to my opinions or views on a variety of things East-of-Rockies-Western, or Non-Coastal-Western, or whatever you want to call the North American Great Plains region, but if the topic becomes about scenery only, then that changes, I've been West several times.)
Oh man, you're missing out, I bet you've never seen the sky.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post

Love the whole thing
As do I

Wonderful pictures. There is so much beauty all across this country and these represent the west so well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada