HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 11:12 PM

CX is the most intensive zoning the city has, and allows pretty much any use other than heavy industry.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 5:28 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeade View Post
It probably is! Hopefully it will reduce the footprint of all the rest of the lots they have in the neighborhood. If all of those lots were suddenly developable, it would be a great change to the neighborhood. Broadway Toyota/Kia has about three or four blocks worth of parking lots in parts and pieces in the area if memory serves. If these could be consolidated into one big structure, it would be a net gain for the neighborhood.

It actually sounds like a great responsible solution for an urban car dealership to me. Also, as a customer, who wants to walk all over to find the car you want? I did that many years ago at Wentworth. We had to wander from block to block to find the four or five versions of what I wanted. I was amazed at how many places these dealerships have cars stashed in the neighborhood. All of that landscape closed up with minimal use is cheap, but kills the life of the neighborhood. Consolidating has to be better for business and the city.
FYI, Wentworth is doing the same sort of thing. Architect will be Mackenzie - they have been working on the project for a few months now, IIRC. Last I heard it will be 7 stories.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilfondel View Post
FYI, Wentworth is doing the same sort of thing. Architect will be Mackenzie - they have been working on the project for a few months now, IIRC. Last I heard it will be 7 stories.
That is wonderful news. One can only hope that the two of these projects will creates blocks and blocks of available building space in the inner east side. The amount of potential in those areas would have the potential to change the the character of the inner eastside dramatically.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 8:42 PM

A building permit was issued to Morton Building Design for a project at 5321 NE Irving St (previously 5325 NE Irving St):

Quote:
Construct new 4 story, 7 unit condo building with parking, includes associated site work, detached trash enclosure is less than 120sf in area

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 10:36 PM

Anyone know (ahem...macco) what the status is of the Remmers/TVA projects on MLK?

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 2:21 AM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 3717 NE Columbia Blvd:

Quote:
New construction of two 3-story self storage buildings with associated parking, utilities and landscape. At least one of the existing two buildings will be demolished.
Early Assistance has been requested by Carleton Hart Architects for a project at 6324 NE 42nd Ave:

Quote:
New affordable housing apartment building. 59 units
A project at 2715 NE Flanders St has been submitted for building permit review:

Quote:
New construction of 3 story 4plex and site improvements.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 12:36 AM

Request for Response for 1732 NE Schuyler.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 7:00 AM

A Pre-Application Conference has been scheduled by Köz Development to discuss a project at 4708 NE Sandy Blvd:

Quote:
New 6 story,114 unit studio apartment building with ground floor retail. 9 parking spaces proposed. Existing building to be Demoed.
A building permit was issued to Scott Edwards Architecture for the clinic at the Garlington Center:

Quote:
Construct new 2 story building for new clinic with associated site work.
A building permit was issued to Design Department Architecture for a project at 533 NE Killingsworth St:

Quote:
Construction of new single commercial building for use as restaurant to include dining area, kitchen, storage, (2) bathrooms, offices, and walk in cooler; outdoor patio; onsite stormwater and landscaping as required

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 7:19 PM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference for 4708 NE Sandy Blvd.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2017, 1:14 AM

Drawings Part I [PDF - 90MB], Part II [PDF - 60MB] and memo for NE 13th & Burnside. I hadn't realized it, but the street vacation for NE Sandy went through in January 2016.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Demolition begins for large apartment complex in Kerns

Several buildings in the Kerns neighborhood were demolished in March on L-shaped properties at 928 N.E. 28th Ave. and 2865, 2869 and 2879 N.E. Sandy Blvd. Portland’s Bureau of Development Services is reviewing a commercial building permit for a new mixed-use, six-story, 206-unit apartment building with underground parking, bike parking and retail on the first floor.

The new project will replace a vacant private house on Northeast 28th Avenue and three commercial buildings between Northeast Sullivan Street and Sandy Boulevard. The owner is listed as Dennis Moore of San Diego, California.
..via Hollywood Star News.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Displaced Black Residents Get Priority on New MLK Housing

Displaced victims of gentrification could be returning to their old Northeast neighborhood, if a new affordable housing project proves successful.

Called Beatrice Morrow, the building is slotted for the site of the former Grant Warehouse, on NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, between Cook and Ivy Streets.

Its name honors the Portland attorney and civil rights activist Beatrice Morrow Cannady, who ran for the state legislature in 1932 – becoming the first African American in state history to do so. Cannady was also the publisher of the Advocate, Oregon’s largest African American newspaper at that time.

The 80-unit housing project received a $7.35 million loan from the Interstate Corridor Urban Renewal Area fund; while the Portland Housing Bureau, which owns the site, is pitching in the land’s value – appraised at $4.1 million.

Spearheaded by the African American-led Portland Community Reinvestment Initiatives, in partnership with real estate developer Gerding Edlen and Colas Construction, the Morrow building will offer 23 units to renters with zero to 30 percent of the area median income. Sixteen units will serve those with up to 50 percent of the area median income, and the remaining 41 units with up to 60 percent.
...continues at the Skanner News.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 11:39 PM

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 5:29 AM

Would be cool to see Broadway Toyota or Wentworth explore CLT for their new buildings.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 7:54 PM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 1424 NE 33rd Ave:

Quote:
Consolidation of 4 lots. Vacation of Halsey Street. Demo existing house. Construction of four 6-plexes (1,000 sq ft 2bed/2bath condos). Garages on 1st floor. No parking proposed. Affordable Housing. Modular construction. 24 total units.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 8:01 PM

Notice of a Public Hearing for 1732 NE 2nd Ave

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 1424 NE 33rd Ave:

Looks like tandem parking under three stories of condos.

"Vacation" of Halsey, that means making that block of NE Halsey into a private street, right?

Not sure about "affordable", the units are expected to sell for $350K to $400K.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnliu View Post
Not sure about "affordable", the units are expected to sell for $350K to $400K.
So cheaper than anything else available to buy in the neighborhood?

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Notice of a Public Hearing for 1732 NE 2nd Ave
Nice to see a possibly decent building going in here. Haven't heard anything with the two properties on 84 and 51 Weidler respectively for a while. What's going on there? One might expect this area to develop quickly with the streetcar having been built years ago.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 5:24 AM

Quote:
So cheaper than anything else available to buy in the neighborhood?
There aren't any other condos to compare to, in the immediate vicinity. Houses in that immediate area go for around $400-500K unless fixer upper ish.

The issue in that spot is a lot of drug dealing/using and homeless camping on the ODOT land between NE Halsey and the freeway as well as other adjoining properties. The people who live there find needles in their grass and get vandalised regularly. This project could help close off some access, if NE Halsey is vacated and sealed off with a gate.

What I'm wondering is if calling it "affordable housing" gets any tax, permit, etc benefits?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland