HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 6:10 AM

The highest building of EU in Warsaw?

Polish

W Warszawie stanie najwyższy budynek w UE

"Rzeczpospolita": W Warszawie powstaje najwyższy budynek w Unii Europejskiej. Jak dowiedziała się gazeta, gigantyczna 300-metrowa wieża, a być może nawet dwie, miałyby stanąć w centrum stolicy.
Warszawskie Twin Towers planują wybudować Warta i PKP. "Rzeczpospolita" pisze, że technicznie projekt jest już wykonany. Teraz pomysłodawcy prowadzą wstępne rozmowy z władzami miasta.

Gazeta przypomina, że obecnie najwyższą budowlą w stolicy - 231 metrów z iglicą - jest Pałac Kultury i Nauki. Natomiast najwyższy biurowiec to znajdujący się na warszawskiej Woli Warsaw Trade Tower. Jego wysokość wynosi 208 metrów.

English (my own translation)

The highest building will become in Warsaw, Poland

"Rzeczpospolita" (the newspaper):The highest building emerges in Warsaw in European Union. As newspaper has informed, 300m tower giant, or even two would have to stand in the center of the capital. Warsaw Twin Towers want to build "Warta" and "PKP". "Rzeczpospolita" says that project is executed technically already. Now inventive persons talk to authorities of the city.
The newspaper reminds that presently, the highest building in Warsaw is "Palace of Culture and Science" - 231m. However, highest office building is "Warsaw Trade Tower" - 208m

I found this information on the www.onet.pl webpage. I'm sorry for my English language, I hope you can understand the text.

300m buildings in Warsaw! that would be fantastic.

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 10:00 AM
Honored Member

any renderings available ?

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 11:33 AM

It is not ready yet I think but maybe soon...

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 6:03 PM

That's great for Poland. I have a satellite feed from there that I glance over now and then and yesterday they were going on about some tall building proposed for Warsaw. I didn't really think much of it until I saw this post.

Can't wait to hear more news, though.

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 10:46 PM

Taller ones are going up in London and Paris.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2007, 5:05 AM

The article mentions that the proposal/s is/are in the 300 meter range, not unlike the London and Paris proposals, right? If the tower/s is/are to be taller than any other in the EU, it/they would surpass the heights of the proposals in London and Paris.

Anyways, I'm sure more refined information will become available on this project really soon.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 1:45 AM

Paris is preparing to build the 318 m Generali Tower and the 300 m Phare Tower, whereas London is preparing to build the 310 m London Bridge Tower, so I doubt this Warsaw skyscraper(s) would be the tallest in the European Union. Also bear in mind that renderings of the Paris La Défense redevelopment plan show a 400 m skyscraper to the left of the Grande Arche, but so far they haven't launched any architect contest on that one, so we don't know if it will go ahead.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Paris is preparing to build the 318 m Generali Tower and the 300 m Phare Tower, whereas London is preparing to build the 310 m London Bridge Tower, so I doubt this Warsaw skyscraper(s) would be the tallest in the European Union. Also bear in mind that renderings of the Paris La Défense redevelopment plan show a 400 m skyscraper to the left of the Grande Arche, but so far they haven't launched any architect contest on that one, so we don't know if it will go ahead.
That is true but anyway, Warsaw has a great future I think

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 6:59 PM

Any updates on this?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 7:47 PM

it wasn't a serious proposal. just what could potentially be built on the site... neither warta nor pkp want to build skyscrapers - according to them.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 7:06 AM

What the heck? All that hot air for nothing!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 8:28 PM
Alea Iacta Est

great news, looking forward to seeing this

On another note, tallest building (office tower) is Shards of London, 310m tall, but taller projects have already been proposed, who ever is updating London thread can give you more info.

It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.Voltaire

Old Posted Nov 17, 2007, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of orion View Post
great news, looking forward to seeing this

On another note, tallest building (office tower) is Shards of London, 310m tall, but taller projects have already been proposed, who ever is updating London thread can give you more info.

Actually, the tallest building planned for the EU is Generali Tower in Paris La Défense. It is 318 meter tall.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe