HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 7:05 PM
Karma Police

You can find it on PortlandMaps. It's under the "Maps" tab, then "Tax Maps". When you click on "Tax Maps", you'll get a mostly blank page, but there's a blue link in the upper right corner that takes you to the actual map. Each tax map covers about 1/4 mile square (roughly 5 blocks x 5 blocks).

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 9:43 PM

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 12:49 AM

Thanks.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted May 1, 2011, 8:45 AM
PearlHelp.com

They have cranes set up for the affordable housing project and fencing around the edge. I meant to snap a picture but forgot! Nothing special.

Old Posted May 14, 2011, 8:21 PM

Dolce Vita Restaurant/Mirabella

Dolce Vita will open for evening dining beginning next week. Breakfast and lunch prices have been reduced! The food remains wonderful.

Once high-rises are complete they seem to fall off the radar screen of SkyscraperPage. Too bad, because it's the interior that really counts. Mirabella is a very comfortable high-rise in which to live. The floor plans are generous, interesting, and very liveable. Views are well thought out. Public spaces are equally well designed. It is a very good place to live. Of course, the neighborhood is exceptionally cool!

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 5:11 AM

please, PLEASE Artist, take some picture and post em. I walked in and asked the reception/security if I could walk through and take pictures...I was denied...

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 2:59 PM

Interior photos

Security is pretty high in Mirabella--a good thing for senior residents. I'll post some interior photos, but it may take a few weeks (there is sooo much to do here! as well as in beautiful Portland.)

Old Posted May 22, 2011, 5:20 PM

Glad to hear this project is working out. It's not surprising. Why hole yourself up in a single-family home in the suburbs when you retire? Hope there are more of these in near term. Low-rise, sprawling retirement homes seem so depressing to me (as a young person). This building doesn't give me that feeling at all.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 4:14 AM

A snap today from Caruthers Park:

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 4:19 AM

Some pics of Caruthers Park from earlier today. I'm surprised how much it feels like a genuine neighborhood down there in SW now. They even have a Subway!

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 4:22 AM

Gibbs Street pedestrian bridge:

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 5:33 PM

Construction Everywhere!

Construction on the lightrail bridge begins July 1st and will be done in 2015. Between that, the new apartment building under construction, the Gibbs St. pedestrian bridge and the work on Moody, there is a lot going on down there! I, for one, welcome the activity and am thrilled that there is still investment happening in the neighborhood. It is no longer a question of IF the neighborhood will be successful. Most of the buildings are 95%+ full except for the Atwater Place which is at 75%. We love having the Subway down there, by the way. I've been there a number of times.

Back to the bridge. I was surprised at how nice this bridge looks. I can't wait! (I'm having a hard time inserting pictures. Flickr changed how they do their links).

http://flic.kr/p/9RCSys

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 6:19 PM

Here you go:

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 7:22 PM
Karma Police

There was a huge barge anchored at the west tower location for over two weeks in late May, presumably doing prep work for the official start of construction.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2011, 9:37 PM
PearlHelp.com

Please note this is an OHSU email from Joe Robertson, the OHSU President. Sent out 6/16 @ 2:33 PM to OHSU staff.

Quote:
A new OHSU School of Dentistry

I'm delighted to announce that we've achieved a critical milestone in our campaign to build a new OHSU School of Dentistry facility: more than $27 million of our goal has now been contributed. The school will be built in conjunction with the OUS/OHSU Collaborative Life Science Building on the OHSU Schnitzer Campus at South Waterfront.

This announcement follows more than a decade of planning, extraordinary gifts by three leaders from the dental community—as well as contributions from supporters and alumni throughout the region—and tireless efforts by Dean Jack Clinton, D.M.D., and other school leaders. It is a defining moment in the history of dental education in the region, and in the history of OHSU.

Though built on years of work, recent developments have been rapid. Last year, we commissioned a panel of experts to chart a course for the school's future. Their recommendation was to grow and extend our ability to serve the dental health needs of Oregonians. We put out the call for support in achieving that goal in April of this year, and the community responded immediately. Three exceptional lead gifts have already been identified:
  • Gene and Bonnie Skourtes have made a personal commitment of $10 million—the largest philanthropic investment in the School of Dentistry's 112-year history. Alumnus Eugene Skourtes, D.M.D., class of '68, is the founder of Willamette Dental, a regional provider of affordable dental care and a long-time partner with the school.
  • ODS, a regional dental insurer, has committed $5 million to the project, the largest corporate philanthropic contribution in the company's history.
  • Dental equipment manufacturer A-dec has formalized its pledge to outfit the school's clinic with state-of-the-art equipment valued at $4.35 million.

In addition, hundreds of other supporters have also contributed some $8.25 million to date for the capital campaign. We are grateful beyond words for the generosity of these donors, and for their engagement with us in the school's future.

Much work remains, including achieving the campaign's $43 million fundraising goal by partnering with supporters old and new. Planning a new home for the school—and all that it will make possible—will engage stakeholders throughout OHSU and the region.

For now, please join me in congratulating Dean Clinton; the faculty, staff and students of the OHSU School of Dentistry; and our colleagues at the OHSU Foundation as we celebrate together and look ahead to a bright future for dental education in Oregon.

Until next time,

Joseph E. Robertson, Jr., M.D., M.B.A.
OHSU President

Old Posted Jun 16, 2011, 11:51 PM

"in conjunction" meaning "separate building built at the same time as" the Life Science building? Hard to tell what exactly is being announced...

Old Posted Jun 17, 2011, 3:22 AM
Karma Police

Yes, a separate building. But the plans for the Life Science building recently incorporated additional garage parking for a future second building to be built next door. So I would presume that the larger garage is going to be the base for this new Dental School, the second building.

Anyway, great news for SoWa.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 8:37 AM
PearlHelp.com

Update from 6/17 via iPhone:

By shilorune96 at 2011-06-18

Old Posted Jun 18, 2011, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworivers View Post
"in conjunction" meaning "separate building built at the same time as" the Life Science building? Hard to tell what exactly is being announced...
Development Services has a new design advice request document for this building. It will consist of two seven-story "towers" separted by a five-story section. "Phase 2" will add another seven stories to the north tower.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2011, 6:02 AM

The property from the tram north through the Zidell property is being divided up into parcels to facilitate future development.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland