HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram
New York Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 10:15 PM
C21H30O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
First thing that came to mind was it's resemblance to the old twins.
Thats what I thought too.

Really, IMO, 2WTC should be a clone of 1 WTC. No need to go fancy or jenga on the tower. Just make it an elegant box like 1 WTC.

Credit: debate.org

Credit: Vestiges of New York

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Really, IMO, 2WTC should be a clone of 1 WTC. No need to go fancy or jenga on the tower. Just make it an elegant box like 1 WTC.
I know you didn't mean anything by posting the pic's together in the manner in which you did, but know what each part represents, it's difficult to look at both of them together.

SAD SIMPLY SAD. And even though we know nothing will replace the lives that were lost, but more than that, how that life that once existed in the WTC area, it will never be the same.

When I look at you image I recognize two totally different times. the late 60's early 70's, and now the millennium generation. The lost of innocence and creation of Trump-ism.

But still, "We Will Never Forget"

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 5:26 PM
Ω

I know talking about this is kind of a faux-pas around here, but I think twinning 1WTC/2WTC is by far a better idea. New York will have its soul back in a way, plus it just looks beautiful. Maybe people don't want the reminder.

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 6:18 PM

no doubt 2wtc is jaw dropping expensive, but i dont think it will cost 1wtc money. money is a factor after all.

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 11:53 AM
C21H30O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
no doubt 2wtc is jaw dropping expensive, but i dont think it will cost 1wtc money. money is a factor after all.
And you see, thats the problem with the whole redevelopment. Money but more precisely, greed.

It's not about symbolism, and I think the whole idea has been lost, which is highly unfortunate. The site has been castrated with delays, and mismanagement. Its insulting to the symbolic nature of getting the project built. 16 years later, it's still not complete. 16 years later, and the loss has not been recouped.

They had an opportunity to snag up tenants that now signed deals with Hudson Yards, but failed.

Old Posted May 21, 2017, 12:25 AM

Is News Corp. still in line to become a major tenant? Now that Fox News is quickly disintegrating, will that have an effect on the development of this tower?

Old Posted May 21, 2017, 1:51 AM
A Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Credit: debate.org

Credit: Vestiges of New York
It wouldn't look exactly like that but they could just model 2 WTC after 1 WTC and try to format the base to accommodate. Sorry to add to the situation, but as others have pointed out, it's taking longer that it should to rebuild the complex.

Politics is truly a disease that has contributed to NYC delaying or not doing many projects on time with high costs. Even when the projects start, they cost much more than they would have if done at an earlier period. I understand that other factors tie into this, but eventually this is going to catch up to the city. There has to be a better way to finance and build these projects at a timely manner.

Never stop. Never stop.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction