HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Public Investment Fund Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Riyadh Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
-
I'm not a fan of the Saudi government or the social-norms there either, but was that comment really necessary?

-
How do you think this financial district will do competing against other Middle-East cities? I'm not sure all of the following cities have a heavy financial industry, but do you think Dubai, Manama, Abu Dhabi, and Doha have an advantage since they built up first?
you seriously comparing Saudi Arabia to these tiny countries ?
sounds to me your basing your opinion on your "social-norms", and not the financial industry.

---------------

New renders

Quote:
Originally Posted by muha View Post
sherwood in riyadh, saudi arabia: King abdullah financial district

n conjunction with a world-class team of designers, including buro happold, will bruder+partners, ten eyck landscape architects, aecom, shankland cox, and gensler, sherwood collaborated on this large-scale urban redevelopment on the edge of riyadh, the capitol city of the kingdom of saudi arabia. The vision for the king abdullah financial district is to not only create a center for commerce, finance and technology for saudi arabia, but also to establish riyadh as the financial district for the entirety of the middle east. Sherwood worked with the design team to develop construction documents for two parcels, where two mixed-use multi-level buildings housing full treatment spas, retail and office space, and a multi-level underground garage will be situated. The site is the main entry to kafd from a pedestrian bridge high above the main arterial thumamah road and is the connecting piece to the royal promenade. Infrastructure elements included stormwater and finished grading to integrate site sustainability with overall master landscaping in a fashion that is both innovative and seamless.

source

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY
-
I'm not a fan of the Saudi government or the social-norms there either, but was that comment really necessary?

-
How do you think this financial district will do competing against other Middle-East cities? I'm not sure all of the following cities have a heavy financial industry, but do you think Dubai, Manama, Abu Dhabi, and Doha have an advantage since they built up first?
you seriously comparing Saudi Arabia to these tiny countries ?
sounds to me your basing your opinion on your "social-norms", and not the financial industry.
Sure, the countries may be small, but Dubai is an A+ world city and one of the few in the world to have that high of a ranking. Riyadh comes far behind at a Beta ranking and Jeddah at Gamma+. Of course, Saudi Arabia is a major world power with much influence, but its cities lack the importance like Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Doha does. These projects could quite possibly project the importance of cities in the world rather than the country's economic influence altogether.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 2:50 PM

Riyadh Real Estate Market Overview (H1-2012)

Dear Friends,

Century21 Saudi’s Research & Advisory (CRA) recently issued Riyadh real estate market overview for first half of 2012.

Key highlights of the report are:

• In 2011, the country’s real estate market experienced sustained growth and further expansion in market is expected during 2012. Residential and infrastructure are forecasted to expand with greater pace, while offices and retail segment will experience more limited growth.

• Though 2012 forecasted GDP growth rate of 3.5% is well short of 6.8% posted in 2011, still the economy represent solid achievements when considered in broader financial climate.

• Residential sector has showed a slow performance during H1-2012. As per government statistics, 23,207 transactions have done during first half of 2012, with contraction of 48% as compared to H1-2011.

• The median prices for residential lands have increased by 8% while prices of small villas are increased between 3% to 7%.

• Office market is over supplied and around 400,000 sq m of Grade A & B office stock is currently available in the market.

• During H1-2012 Grade A & B offices showed 6% decline in rents as compared to H2-2011.

• During H1-2012 retail rental rate growth was recorded from 7% to 11% in CBD and top quality retail spaces.

• In first half of 2012, hospitality supply surpassed the demand growth which caused a slight decline in occupancy rate and RevPAR.

for details please visit our website "www.century21saudi.com"

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 12:36 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

RIYADH | Capital Market Authority Tower | 384 M / 1260 FT | 77 FLOORS
(per Skyscraper Center)

Posted April 23rd, 2014...
Photo Credit: Naif Saudi on SSC

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 1:55 PM
BANNED

Are you kidding me?? I thought I was up-to-date with every large project in the world, but this is like Las Vegas City Center times two.. and I had no idea of its existence. I count at least 23 cranes. Unbelievable.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 11:28 AM

Picture taken on 27th July 2014
Photo credits: Abdullah Nouman

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...iyadh_2014.JPG

Last edited by LMich; Aug 1, 2014 at 1:07 PM. Reason: If you wanted to post this as an image, you must resize the picture.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 11:36 PM
I like your Kitties

Holy Crap! That's amazing! Wasn't even aware of all of this construction in Riyadh! Its Doha all over again. Time to research.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 1:00 PM
Find yourself and be that

By Naif Saudi

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Are you kidding me?? I thought I was up-to-date with every large project in the world, but this is like Las Vegas City Center times two.. and I had no idea of its existence. I count at least 23 cranes. Unbelievable.
Well, that Moscow project is no slouch either.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2014, 7:01 AM

ALL CRIDIT GOES TO SCC FORUMMERS

updates 2 from the saudi forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh93 View Post

instagram.com
بعض الصور قديمة تصل الى شهرين
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamadx View Post
27-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3baaad 4 Jeddah View Post

from @dhom7777 twitter
updates 3 from the saudi forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hqho1671 View Post

From Instagram
Quote:

From Instagram
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUHA View Post

twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H View Post
2014/6/11

updates 4 from the saudi forum

Quote:

From Instagram .
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamadx View Post
Satellite images 10-June-2014

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H View Post

Instagram
Quote:
Video Link

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naif Saudi View Post

من تويتر
Check out the Original Thread in the Saudi Section, ur welcome t comment and share your thoughts: KAFD

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 3:09 AM

Kafd

Credits: Abdullah Nouman

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 4:31 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Wow, some amazingly creative buildings here. The entire project looks like a prismatic crystal that sprung up out of the desert. Can't wait to see the finished product.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 8:25 PM

It's unbelievable how just in the last decade, many cities have gone from having minimal skylines whatsoever to instantly having massive skylines with multiple supertalls.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2014, 2:51 AM

Very nice, wow!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 3:31 AM

Instant Downtown. I love it!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 7:45 PM

Wow! It's gorgeous!!! Why I can't go to Saudi Arabia. Due to the Middle Eastern restrictions.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 9:55 PM

Blame culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Wow! It's gorgeous!!! Why I can't go to Saudi Arabia. Due to the Middle Eastern restrictions.

Its a complicated cultural thing.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 1:19 AM

This city centre looks amazing with the variety of architectural textures. I love what is happening here! Bravo!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 9:27 AM

Amazing architectural museum, each piece a work art! Though im concerned that this city is very poorly planned.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 10:22 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive