HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Today, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaden View Post
Did I step on your toes in some way? Virginia hasn't "landed" it yet-it is not official. But yes I think it's down to them and NY. What I meant by that comment was that VA has seen it's population growth rate slow over the past 20 years while GA and NC have seen theirs increase. VA has few urban centers that could compete with Charlotte or Atlanta. Richmond's growth rate lags far behind either of those two cities. Hampton Roads is growing very slowly. Most of VA's eggs are in the NoVa basket so to speak. I really think they need to worry a little that almost all the growth, money, and employment is there.

But anyway, let's not get distracted here. This isn't the VA forum. Let's keep the topic focused on Amazon and Atlanta's position.
Step on my toes? Lolol...I don't have a dog in this fight as I'm not from VA nor have I ever lived there. But GA is in the same boat as VA with all of the jobs and population growth in their biggest metro. At least VA does have two other major metros with other things to offer, and Richmond has a lot of corporate HQs for its size and is doing pretty well economically. Of course, NC does better than both GA and VA with two high-growth, economically dynamic metros. But population growth in and of itself isn't everything and economically, VA is doing well for itself and probably has a larger GDP per capita than both GA and NC. The slower population growth rate in VA also allows the infrastructure to keep pace with population growth.

But I suppose we have digressed enough.

Old Posted Today, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB0679 View Post
Step on my toes? Lolol...I don't have a dog in this fight as I'm not from VA nor have I ever lived there. But GA is in the same boat as VA with all of the jobs and population growth in their biggest metro. At least VA does have two other major metros with other things to offer, and Richmond has a lot of corporate HQs for its size and is doing pretty well economically. Of course, NC does better than both GA and VA with two high-growth, economically dynamic metros. But population growth in and of itself isn't everything and economically, VA is doing well for itself and probably has a larger GDP per capita than both GA and NC. The slower population growth rate in VA also allows the infrastructure to keep pace with population growth.

But I suppose we have digressed enough.
Of course, NC does better than both GA and VA with two high-growth, economically dynamic metros.

Evidence?

Here's a link to GDP rankings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...y_GDP_(nominal)

9. GA
10. NC
13. VA

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta