HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 11:29 PM

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 3:04 PM

JP Morgan plans 50 new branches in Philadelphia area

Saw this on the Inky...it made it to CNBC as well:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/24/jp-m...phia-area.html

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 12:25 AM

Does anyone know what Chase is doing on King Street in Wilmington? They have a large lot fenced in with a banner that says “It’s time.” and “Wilmington” underneath it. I can see from my office that there are no cars parked there or other equipment set up. Are they building a new office or something?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad9 View Post
Does anyone know what Chase is doing on King Street in Wilmington? They have a large lot fenced in with a banner that says “It’s time.” and “Wilmington” underneath it. I can see from my office that there are no cars parked there or other equipment set up. Are they building a new office or something?
I really hope so, especially if it's something tall, but people keep telling me that I'm crazy for expecting something big, so probably not anything too big, but I absolutely would love to be wrong. If you have a chance though, can you take a picture of the sign? Also, I remember you saying that you said you could see Philly from your office? Can you take a picture of that if you have a chance too? Thanks!

Last edited by jonesrmj; Sep 27, 2018 at 8:00 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
I really hope so, especially if it's something tall, but people keep telling me that I'm crazy for expecting something big, so probably not anything too big, but I absolutely would love to be wrong. If you have a change though, can you take a picture of the sign? Also, I remember you saying that you said you could see Philly from your office? Can you take a picture of that if you have a chance too? Thanks!
Just doing a bunch of events in the flat lot for employees

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslice View Post
Just doing a bunch of events in the flat lot for employees
Ah. Lame.

Jones: I’d take the picture but it’s apparently not a development. And I moved jobs so I can’t see Philly from my new building. But I will try to get some pictures up from my current spot, which overlooks the Riverfront.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 2:49 PM

Equus Capital plans spec office building

Quote:
Equus Capital Partners is proposing to develop a five-story, 145,000-square-foot office building at the corner of Swedesford Road and Old Eagle School Road in Tredyffrin that will be a little unconventional. It will be made using mass timber.

Not only that, it will be built on speculation with no tenants lined up to fill the space — something seldom done with an office building because of the risk involved with such an undertaking.

More: https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-building.html

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 8:00 PM

Opps, accidentally had a typo in my last post. change should say chance.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Jones: I’d take the picture but it’s apparently not a development. And I moved jobs so I can’t see Philly from my new building. But I will try to get some pictures up from my current spot, which overlooks the Riverfront.
Oh Ok. I remember that you used to be in the Chase Manhattan Center which was the 2nd tallest in the city, but where are you now?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 9:00 PM

Yeah, it looks like the Chase Centers in Wilmington put up the tents and fences for Employee Appreciation Week activities. Looked like "bonding" type activities were going on in the parking lot, and happy-hour in the tents.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
Oh Ok. I remember that you used to be in the Chase Manhattan Center which was the 2nd tallest in the city, but where are you now?
Good memory. I’m in the Renaissance Center now.

Com’on, Chase, don’t tease like that!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 12:51 AM

Quote:

Ok. I know where that is.

About Chase, I know right. Those words by themselves sound like a big project but of course its not. Speaking of this parking lot, isn't this where the Two Christina Center was supposed to be built? Hopefully we'll see a high rise or something big in the future.

Oh, and this is I guess more for TallCoolOne who seems to know a lot about the Field house project. Is this considered a "stadium" like the Daniel Frawley Stadium is for the Bluerocks and are the Delaware Blue Coats (formally 87ers) a minor league team like the Bluerocks?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 11:29 AM

^Right, Brandywine Realty had plans to develop the lot about 12 years ago now, a sort of mini-Cira Centre but it never happened, then the recession, and then they sold the lot to Chase a few years ago. Chase has NOT announced any plans publicly, so it has remained a parking lot.

^The 76ers Fieldhouse - is as named, will be the "minor league" team for the NBA squad (G-League). The building is more than a small basketball arena.

“Boasting three full-size professional basketball courts, two indoor turf soccer fields, a world-class sports performance and athletic training area, as well as retail and office space, this dynamic new facility will also serve as a beacon for youth sports in Delaware.”
https://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-7...ington-ground/

https://www.76ersfieldhouse.com/

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 3:02 PM

Quote:

This seems to be the answer https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...llennials.html

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 6:56 PM

West chester development: its moving at a turtle's pace thanks to borough council, but a major office and commercial building is finally about to move forward in downtown west chester:
https://www.dailylocal.com/news/prel...f24015940.html

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcphil View Post
West chester development: its moving at a turtle's pace thanks to borough council, but a major office and commercial building is finally about to move forward in downtown west chester:
https://www.dailylocal.com/news/prel...f24015940.html
Now if we could just get SEPTA to go back out there...

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 4:13 PM

They have a committee working on it and claim it will happen. I'm not holding my breath. I think they are looking at a 15 year plan our something.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 7:01 PM

I’m 95% sure that rail back to WC is an inevitability. I think the nature of work going forward will necessitate it. It’s just a matter of when. I can definitely see it happening within 15 years. Love the development moving forward. The building it’s replacing is ugly and downtown WC doesn’t have many big open spaces for events. I’ll go one step further and say I think we’ll also see light rail along 202 connecting WC and Wilmington someday.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 11:43 PM

I took the train out to New Jersey last night for an event. Pretty wild that there hasn't been any development on the commuter lots for the PATCO stations out there.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuy View Post
I took the train out to New Jersey last night for an event. Pretty wild that there hasn't been any development on the commuter lots for the PATCO stations out there.
Those lots are practically full on weekdays. They need those spots unfortunately, so any development would need to account for that. But still tons of development around Collingswood and Westmont.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations