HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Hyatt Place Hotel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Austin Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 6:43 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Dont hate me, but I prefer the Hampton.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 7:53 PM
Meh

The Hampton Inn would have looked more legit with only one color. That two toned look always looks amateurish to me. I'm not a fan of buildings that have multiple facade colors. Thinking of a few other new ones that did that, they have't been very well received either. Ashton and Four Seasons are two of them. Accents are one thing, but to have a whole building looking like it has pin-stripes or large blocks of different colors, it just comes off awkward.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 10:02 PM

While I am not excusing the look of the 3 buildings. There are some potential positives besides density from an aesthetic standpoint. Currently the 3 meld well together with Hampton having limestone facade at ground level as does the Whitley. Also, the Whitley and Hyatt playing off each other with more glass.

When the Marriott is finished, on the backside, it will be a huge backdrop of blue glass for these buildings with some brown accents here and there. I think this will tie in well with what these buildings currently offer and help balance the large amount of stucco/masonry facade.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin