HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Mar 28, 2010, 7:28 PM

Herkimer at Bay Condo's | ? | ? | Renovation

Hey all,

I was back in the city this weekend and was driving along Herkimer and saw a sign advertising luxury condo's. The website is http://herkimeratbay.com/. Only 23 suites, done by Core Urban Inc.

I haven't visited in a while and didn't see a thread. If this is old, feel free to delete or merge it where appropriate.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2010, 11:08 PM
Concerned Citizen

Looks like it's just a conversion from apts to condo's.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2010, 2:09 AM

1700+ square feet, those are big condos. It will be nice for the neighbourhood to spruce up the building. But the website doesn't have a single photo of the interior, just floor plans....?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2010, 12:40 PM

love that building

Old Posted Mar 29, 2010, 8:36 PM

major drawback are the 2 'halfway homes' across the corners of bay and herkimer. A lot of money to spend to have those as your closest neighbors. scary.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2010, 11:07 PM
Needs more coffee...

eh, it's a condo, meeting or interacting with your neighbours doesn't happen so much.

noise complaints i can see.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 1:56 PM

This from CoreUrban's twitter feed:

Quote:
Visit our Open House at Herkimer at Bay this Sunday June 26th ane view the 3 remaining units! 12-4pm
via @CoreUrban, www.twitter.com

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 2:26 PM
Recent Hamiltonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevue View Post
major drawback are the 2 'halfway homes' across the corners of bay and herkimer. A lot of money to spend to have those as your closest neighbors. scary.
I agree... that's the kind of thing that makes it difficult to find a "nice area" in the city.

I live in the Stinson area... so believe me; I KNOW ALL ABOUT HALFWAY HOMES.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckyboy View Post
I agree... that's the kind of thing that makes it difficult to find a "nice area" in the city.

I live in the Stinson area... so believe me; I KNOW ALL ABOUT HALFWAY HOMES.

Not sure if you know, but about Half of ALL of Hamilton's halfway houses are concentrated downtown.. which I don't even think includes Stinson! (I believe the City's downtown 'border' is Dundurn-Wellington, Esarpment-Barton).

The 'scary' part is the complete lopsided concentration of social services in this City!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 5:16 PM
Recent Hamiltonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1983 View Post
Not sure if you know, but about Half of ALL of Hamilton's halfway houses are concentrated downtown.. which I don't even think includes Stinson! (I believe the City's downtown 'border' is Dundurn-Wellington, Esarpment-Barton).

The 'scary' part is the complete lopsided concentration of social services in this City!
I know... it drives me nuts. Makes me want to move out of the downtown core when everyday I walk outside I'm met with screaming/swearing/fighting/broken glass/you name it... quite depressing.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckyboy View Post
I know... it drives me nuts. Makes me want to move out of the downtown core when everyday I walk outside I'm met with screaming/swearing/fighting/broken glass/you name it... quite depressing.
I'm very familiar w/ the Stinson hood. My bestfriend in HS lived on Webber, and I went to Cathedral. Many days/nights spent observing the local crazies (gotta love the Alexisonfire song about Emerald St lol)

To be fair, all of us who live Downtown deal w/ said situations quite often. I think it makes us better, more accepting people in the long run.
I'm noW right by the Jamesville mission and it's quite frustrating at times. Recently, this one dude kept trying to get into ppl's cars while they were stopped at the intersection (James/Barton) causing traffic chaos as you could imagine most vehicles fled, red light or not, once this man was trying to open their doors.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton