HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Today, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Great news about 50 Allen Plaza!

That was my favorite proposal back then so I'm glad it could possibly have a new life. That location would make a really big impact in the downtown skyline.

There was an old rendering with it in the skyline at dawn I believe. Does that still exist?
https://m.yelp.ca/biz_photos/allen-p...5clbZKanz2GOyg here’s a blurry one, the only one I could find however that hadn’t been photoshopped with the CokeCola logo .

Old Posted Today, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Great news about 50 Allen Plaza!

That was my favorite proposal back then so I'm glad it could possibly have a new life. That location would make a really big impact in the downtown skyline.

There was an old rendering with it in the skyline at dawn I believe. Does that still exist?

....though part of me doubts it'll end up looking like that after all these years (even if it's what we see on loopnet). There's also this more recent concept:

Old Posted Today, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Allen Plaza is Back Baby!!!

With much astonishment I noticed 50 Allen Plaza showed up yesterday on Loopnet. I monitor this site weekly and I have not seen this project in years. Loopnet is showing the project was updated 7/11/2018, will have 34 Floors, 871K sqft and will be built by 2020.

As a rule, Loopnet is a good source to see new projects being marketed, but is not necessarily the best source to verify the validity if a project is real or is starting in the near term. So bear with me because I did some research and this one definitely has some teeth.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/50-Iv...ta-GA/4104623/

As many of you remember, Barry Real Estate Companies first proposed 50 Allen Plaza back in 2004 and as we know the economy shit the bed and in 2012 the site was auctioned off and Regent Partners purchased it for $4.5 million. Regent Partners is a very prolific Atlanta developer whose experience includes The Sovereign building in Buckhead.

The ABC reported in May Drapac Capital Partners had put the site under contract and the deal closed last month which is why we are now seeing 50 Allen Plaza back on Loopent. It gets better...much better

Link to ABC article on Drapac purchase of Allen Plaza:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nt=firefox-b-1

So who is Drapac Capital Partners? (from their website):

http://www.drapaccapital.com/
At Drapac, we identify opportunities through unorthodox means and focus on the crucial balance between risk management and performance. We have consistently outperformed the broader market and achieved a premium track record of returns across multiple asset classes. With a proven growth trajectory, including expansion into the U.S. in 2011, our current portfolio includes over 12,000 acres of land across multiple markets, with a gross development pipeline of over U.S. $8 billion.

How is Drapac Capital Partners different than every other Developer?

Awwwwwwww.....these mofo's have money! Not Kim Kardashian money, we are talking Kylie Jenner MONEY. As of today Drapac Capital Partners has amassed the following properties in Atlanta:
  • Around 4,166 acres across 28 projects in mostly the Southeastern suburbs of Atlanta (Covington,GA)
In town Drapac Capital Partners has acquired the following properties:
  • 129 North Ave.
  • 50 Ivan Allen Blvd.
  • 323 Spring St.
  • 245 Auburn Ave.
  • 505 Courtland St
Drapac Capital Partners parcels owned - Allen Plaza area

So is 50 Allen Plaza resurrected from the dead? It sure as hell looks like it and judging from Drapac Capital Partners purchases of properties in the area, these folks are not messing around!
This was one of my favorite projects from the last cycle, so I'm excited to see it possibly coming back. Those other sites Drapac picked up are all ripe for infill, so I'm excited to see what they'll bring over the next few years.

Old Posted Today, 1:43 PM
Urban Cowboy

50 Allen Plaza

I have already had 4 journalists reach out to me on Twitter and 1 confirmed something is definitely in play, but could not elaborate.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations