HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 5:35 PM

On one of there home hardware facebook post, its say:

We are excited that our new neighbors will be opening in the fall! our Elmwood location will be a few years down the road but we are very exited for the future!

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 10:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It's interesting to see that they are currently putting in a lot of fill just to the west of the Costco site on Granite Drive. It looks as if they are creating a building pad. This is where I assume the new Elmwood Home Hardware will go. This does not imply imminent construction, it just means a pad is being created.

Also, the exterior foundational walls are now being installed at the Costco site. Things are starting to get very busy on Granite Drive..........

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 1:14 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a new job advert on Indeed for an assistant manager for a Champlain Place location for West 49

https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Retail&...9ee99d8dafd4f1

This was posted four days ago.

This would tend to imply that West 49 is indeed planning on reopening in Champlain Place in the not too distant future.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 1:41 AM

Saw this posted on the Saint John Project Thread, and thought it would fit well here: http://thinkretail.ca/post/five-guys...ew-restaurants

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Saw this posted on the Saint John Project Thread, and thought it would fit well here: http://thinkretail.ca/post/five-guys...ew-restaurants
Quote:
Koeppel Companies has also plans to ramp up expansion of Five Guys in the Maritimes in early 2019 and the initial focus there is on Halifax, Moncton and St. John. They seek opportunities of 2,500 to 3,200 sq. ft. in open-air centres (with patio), high streets and super regional malls.
CMA, CMA, CMA. If this happened 5 years or so from now you could be sure Freddy would be on that short list too.

Still they are taking their time expanding, while not ignoring the maritimes so they'll probably do well in the end. And I'm sure Freddy will be on the next short list regardless.

For Moncton, I suspect they'll go for a downtown location, close to the new Centre. Lots of possible places there I'm sure, if they move quick to secure the space.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
CMA, CMA, CMA. If this happened 5 years or so from now you could be sure Freddy would be on that short list too.

Still they are taking their time expanding, while not ignoring the maritimes so they'll probably do well in the end. And I'm sure Freddy will be on the next short list regardless.

For Moncton, I suspect they'll go for a downtown location, close to the new Centre. Lots of possible places there I'm sure, if they move quick to secure the space.
I think There slow expansion while not ignoring areas like the Maritimes has to do with watching so many other companies struggle after quick, and massive expansions, and Knowing that the Maritimes is a great place for business expansion especially in the food/restaurant industry.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 12:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sunrise Records in Champlain Place has temporarily closed. Apparently they are relocating to the old West 49 space and will reopen in August.

With Sunrise Records relocating, and the adjacent RUA Sports Fanatic closing, this will mean there will be two adjacent CRUs that will be vacant. More often than not, when this happens, this means the spaces are to be amalgamated for a new retailer.

In this light, it is interesting that West 49 has a new job advert out for an assistant manager, indicating that they plan on reopening. I wonder if Sunrise Records and West 49 are simply swapping spaces???

EDIT:

The rumour is that Sunrise Records will not occupy the entire West 49 space. The portion formerly occupied by Mexx Kids (in the distant past) might be destined for a coffee outlet (likely a relocation of either the Second Cup or Starbucks kiosks. If so, this could be a good move since there will soon be nearly 1100 new thirsty workers at the TD Corporate Banking Centre across the hallway.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 16, 2018 at 12:32 AM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 2:42 AM

Also Envy clothing will be holdOmg a job fair coming up soon according to their instagram.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces