HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 1:25 AM

Liena is sending many VIP email for their pre-sales now, that will be a nice building in the area. It is not "cheap" too.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 8:26 AM

Bought one of the last 1 bedroom units in the building, very excited for King George's transformation in the coming years. Prime area, can't go wrong with the current pricing. With Magil spearheading construction with experience from Hotel Vancouver etc., going to be very exciting to watch it go up.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyjaguar View Post
Bought one of the last 1 bedroom units in the building, very excited for King George's transformation in the coming years. Prime area, can't go wrong with the current pricing. With Magil spearheading construction with experience from Hotel Vancouver etc., going to be very exciting to watch it go up.
congratulations!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
congratulations!
Thank you!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyjaguar View Post
Congrats.

I just hope bigger hotels like 4 Seasons, Shangri-La, Fairmont, or more can come to this new Surrey downtown. So far, the new hotels here are "small" and not very high class. The hotel at the 3CP has such a small lobby and cafe..... It does not look good for a very important new financial downtown. If I were the designer, I think the new Surrey downtown should be closer to the river. Surrey gov should create the 2nd Water Front, Gas Town or Canada Place there. Tourism is also important to build a new downtown quickly. They should think "BIG", very BIG...

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
Congrats.

I just hope bigger hotels like 4 Seasons, Shangri-La, Fairmont, or more can come to this new Surrey downtown. So far, the new hotels here are "small" and not very high class. The hotel at the 3CP has such a small lobby and cafe..... It does not look good for a very important new financial downtown. If I were the designer, I think the new Surrey downtown should be closer to the river. Surrey gov should create the 2nd Water Front, Gas Town or Canada Place there. Tourism is also important to build a new downtown quickly. They should think "BIG", very BIG...
From my understanding the Civic is a boutique hotel, and they purposely built it on a slightly smaller scale. Regardless, the lobby is still airy and elegant. Regarding big name hotels like Four Seasons, Fairmont or Shanghai-la, you’d be hard pressed to find hotels of that level anywhere outside the downtown core. Even in Richmond you only have a Fairmont on account of the airport. No suburb or edge city in Canada—to my knowledge at least—has multiple high-end Hotels. The Marriott Autograph in Surrey City Centre is an anomaly.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
From my understanding the Civic is a boutique hotel, and they purposely built it on a slightly smaller scale. Regardless, the lobby is still airy and elegant. Regarding big name hotels like Four Seasons, Fairmont or Shanghai-la, you’d be hard pressed to find hotels of that level anywhere outside the downtown core. Even in Richmond you only have a Fairmont on account of the airport. No suburb or edge city in Canada—to my knowledge at least—has multiple high-end Hotels. The Marriott Autograph in Surrey City Centre is an anomaly.
I agree, size doesn't always matter.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
If Surrey gov can create some great tourist attractions here, tourism can bring the big hotel and big establishment. I hope Surrey gov put some attention to this area.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 3:35 PM
YouTube Creator

[Deleted]

Last edited by Reecemartin; Nov 17, 2020 at 9:18 PM.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:36 PM

Hotels are also driven by nearby offices.
(i.e. Hilton Metrotown or the one at the Sovereign serve Burnaby's business parks down Willingdon)

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecemartin View Post
I guess the immediate question I would have is what type of attractions? Could start with majorly revamping Centre City Mall and perhaps adding a movie theatre.
Central City Mall is slated to be repurposed as high rises down the road. Doubt they'll be putting in a movie theatre there.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 6:10 AM

Do they stop building the presentation center now ?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Do they stop building the presentation center now ?
if it's sold out or close to, there really isn't a point for the presentation centre anymore I guess

Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 5:56 PM

Last edited by e-clam9; Aug 30, 2018 at 6:11 PM.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 1:50 AM

Looks like the sales centre will open very soon. I'd say in about 2 weeks.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 2:19 PM

I thought that Avani said that it sold out for some reason.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 8:23 PM

This makes me wonder why they waste these money if they already sold every or most units ??? Is that a government law or rules to have a presentation center for every new pre sales ? Or they want to show the committed buyers what they "may" get ??

Join us for the Grand Opening of the Presentation Centre

Dear,

Thank you for registering at Avani Centre, a sophisticated collection of Studio to 3-bedroom condominium residences in Surrey City Centre’s southern iconic tower, coming soon to King and Fraser. The opening of the greatly anticipated presentation centre has now arrived. With luxurious finishings by award-winning Danielle Lareau of Giraffe Design, it is surely not one to be missed.

Come see for yourself, and join us on October 27th from 12 PM - 5 PM for the official Avani Centre Public Grand Opening of the presentation centre and two designer display homes.

When: Saturday, October 27th
Time: 12 PM to 5 PM
Where: Avani Centre Presentation Centre: 13586 98th Ave Surrey BC

We look forward to sharing this exciting event with you.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 7:03 PM

It must not be sold out

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn86 View Post
It must not be sold out
I am a "pre-sale-aholic", let me find out next week

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 6:27 AM

Quote:
I am a "pre-sale-aholic", let me find out next week
Hope anyone visiting the presentation centre could share some photos here if possible thank you

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley