HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 7:02 PM

As suspected, no Midtown DRC this month

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Surprising that as of 2pm the day before, no Midtown DRC Agenda uploaded on website home page. Certainly should be uploaded soon though.

http://www.midtownatl.com
That's because there is no February meeting.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 7:28 PM

A building permit was filed today for the renovation of the interior and exterior of the former Masquerade site (Excelsior Mill on North Ave).
"The Mill Marketplace - Interior demolition. Remove stages. Remove exterior stairs, billboards and the adjacent non-contributing lower level exterior structure that was more recently added."

The "North + Line" apartments are under construction behind this site.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
That's because there is no February meeting.
Thank you !

Thought that 3rd St block from West Peachtree to Spring that someone earlier posted a rendering for might be presented.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 7:48 PM
Kev K

An orange "trees cutting" sign was posted at the lot bounded by 13th, Juniper, & Peachtree. This was the Construction offices for 1010 Peachtree, 60 11th, 77 12th, etc.

I hope this doesn't mean they are paving it for a surface parking lot along Peachtree St...

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
A building permit was filed today for the renovation of the interior and exterior of the former Masquerade site (Excelsior Mill on North Ave).
"The Mill Marketplace - Interior demolition. Remove stages. Remove exterior stairs, billboards and the adjacent non-contributing lower level exterior structure that was more recently added."

The "North + Line" apartments are under construction behind this site.
There are some additional conceptual images and site plan for the original mill buildings on Coro's website.

*Notice the "Beltline Access" note on the back of the site with additional stairs being provided on the South side of N. Ave

http://cororealtyadvisors.propertyca...tplace/#photos

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATBOYKEV View Post
An orange "trees cutting" sign was posted at the lot bounded by 13th, Juniper, & Peachtree. This was the Construction offices for 1010 Peachtree, 60 11th, 77 12th, etc.

I hope this doesn't mean they are paving it for a surface parking lot along Peachtree St...
Is that the lot where the next phase of the 12th & Midtown is to happen? Interesting.....

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 8:04 PM

Quote:

Accela says this about the project:

"Retaining Wall Repair
Repair the unsold exterior wall per Violation noticed provided by the City. Updating existing surface parking lot, including associated hardscape and landscape along with repairs too existing retaining wall."

Links:
(1) Commercial Miscellaneous Structural Permit
(2) Arborist/Plan Review Permit

So yes, it looks like they are basically going to fix up the surface parking lot.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Is that the lot where the next phase of the 12th & Midtown is to happen? Interesting.....
Will be a welcome sight to see this lot developed one day. I'm hoping we see two high-rises with an extremely active street presence. I realize it's mostly wishing at this point in time though.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Will be a welcome sight to see this lot developed one day. I'm hoping we see two high-rises with an extremely active street presence. I realize it's mostly wishing at this point in time though.
Anyone know whether Selig's 1105 West Peachtree proposal will carry the 12th & Midtown branding? I don't see any indication at this point that it will. I wonder why they decided to develop 1105 West Peachtree first, rather than continue 12th & Midtown with 1125 Peachtree or the rumored project on the same block as the SLS Hotel proposal?

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 9:05 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
So yes, it looks like they are basically going to fix up the surface parking lot.
Damn.
Well, the sidewalk along Juniper was scary as hell because of the collapsed retaining wall, but NEW parking lots on Peachtree St sure discourages pedestrians from travelling from 12th- to 14th+ & vice-versa.

Colony Square(NAP) & Campanile (like Dewberry was ever going to do his retail re-orientation) have to be as annoyed at this as much as 12th & Midtown was at that little Club that opened at 11th & Peachtree for 18 months or so.

Area I am referring to:

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Damn.
Well, the sidewalk along Juniper was scary as hell because of the collapsed retaining wall, but NEW parking lots on Peachtree St sure discourages pedestrians from travelling from 12th- to 14th+ & vice-versa.

Colony Square(NAP) & Campanile (like Dewberry was ever going to do his retail re-orientation) have to be as annoyed at this as much as 12th & Midtown was at that little Club that opened at 11th & Peachtree for 18 months or so.

Area I am referring to:
If you're referring to Reign/Vanquish that were around for about 2 years at 11th/Peachtree that site is owned by Dewberry as well.

Dewberry isn't looking to rush into developing the 10th/Peachtree parcel unless the timing is right-it's too late in this economic cycle to do anything so the parking lots will remain. The Campanile retail build-out around the site is probably tied more to what Colony Square does rather than the vacant lot to the south of the tower- something I don't see happening in the coming year or so either.

I would even venture that the parking lots in question from 12th & 13th along Peachtree will hold out until Colony Square's re-positioned/renovated.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 9:42 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
If you're referring to Reign/Vanquish that were around for about 2 years at 11th/Peachtree that site is owned by Dewberry as well.
I was referring to someone high up at Selig (12th & Midtown) being upset that the clubs would harm the "character" of the neighborhood (this was back in '13 and I can't find it on google) since the Loews main entrance was right there. Now they are harming the "character" of the neighborhood with a parking lot. Apples and Oranges comparing the two developers of course when looking at their resumes, but I'm just pissy to see more cars parking along Peachtree St.

I, and maybe others, are just hearing about all of this now and since its probably zoned for it through "existing uses" or something, it's tough-sh!t for the neighborhood. How about a little bit of this whole block have some greenspace or something? That is a whole lot of parking-spaces and since I pay $110+/month (up from $75/mo 3 years ago, damn!) to park within a couple blocks of here; this land will be providing pretty good revenue which provides less incentive to do anything with it.

Side note: I gladly pay that $110 and yearn for the day that I can go carless...

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post

Dewberry isn't looking to rush into developing the 10th/Peachtree parcel unless the timing is right-it's too late in this economic cycle to do anything so the parking lots will remain. The Campanile retail build-out around the site is probably tied more to what Colony Square does rather than the vacant lot to the south of the tower- something I don't see happening in the coming year or so either.

I would even venture that the parking lots in question from 12th & 13th along Peachtree will hold out until Colony Square's re-positioned/renovated.
I agree, wouldn't expect a lot of movement until Colony Square gets close to finishing. Particularly anything Dewberry will do.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Anyone know whether Selig's 1105 West Peachtree proposal will carry the 12th & Midtown branding? I don't see any indication at this point that it will. I wonder why they decided to develop 1105 West Peachtree first, rather than continue 12th & Midtown with 1125 Peachtree or the rumored project on the same block as the SLS Hotel proposal?

12th & Midtown is a partnership with another developer, Daniel Corp based in Birmingham. Selig appears to be going it alone with 1105 WP so it will not be a part of 12th & Midtown. Actually, it was mentioned in the article below that 1105 WP is a big step for Selig as a lead developer.

It's also interesting that the Daniel executive based in Atlanta now works for Selig. Hopefully it was an amicable transition and doesn't impact future phases of 12th & Midtown.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...velopment.html

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 3:10 AM

FYI, I've heard from reliable sources recently like the former Vanquish and Reign buildings are to soon be demolished for expansion of the green space there. That's better than old empty buildings for now I guess. Dewberry's inaction there still pisses me off.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 11:09 AM

Rendering of Cook Park (formerly Mims Park)

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 1:57 PM

Proton Therapy Center

Emory Proton Therapy Center News

This fact sheet from this week's Invest Atlanta meetings suggests a timeline of construction being completed by October 2017, with initial occupancy by December 2017.

Link: Georgia Proton Therapy Center Fact Sheet

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's calling View Post
Rendering of Cook Park (formerly Mims Park)

Looks like they finally hired someone other than the National Monuments Foundation to design the park. The formality of the previous design was too pretentious - the last thing this neighborhood needs- even if it were trying to emulate the previous Olmsted plan it was trying too hard.

Also some back-story on the name change.

http://news.wabe.org/post/atlanta-pa...ruggle-history

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 6:26 PM

That park looks fantastic. I have great optimism for the future of the immediate area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations