HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 9:25 PM

RiverPlace Redevelopment - Phase 1 | 325' | 30 floors | On Hold

Pre-App for a first phase of development (via Portland Maps):

Quote:
Multi-family high-rise development on former Riverplace Ath.Club site (R246187). This development would be a Phase 1 of the in-process CCMP for the entire Riverplace site (LU 21-053731). The project is designed under Hierarchy Level 2a. Runoff will be treated using ecoroofs and stormwater planters designed to meet the pollution reduction requirement using the 2020 Portland PAC. Flow control is not required due to the site discharging directly to the Willamette River through storm-only pipes. The project will be designed per the requirements listed in Portland¿s Central City 2035 Plan (CC2035), which includes a standard that requires ecoroofs on most new buildings in the Central City Plan District (see PCC 33.510.243). The proposed buildings will be constructed with a minimum of 60% of the roof area set aside for ecoroofs. The remaining roof area will be routed to planter facilities for treatment.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 5:40 PM

Old Posted Dec 4, 2021, 7:10 PM

I am surprised that under current conditions they still plan for phase 1 to be a 325 foot tower. Long term perspective - the need will be there. In today's market I am not sure how fast it would fill.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2021, 1:48 AM
Registered Ugly

I mean, it’s residential, not office. I doubt they’d have any issues filling it.

Any further indication that it could resemble those terraced beauties from Kengo Kuma?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2021, 7:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORNative View Post
I am surprised that under current conditions they still plan for phase 1 to be a 325 foot tower. Long term perspective - the need will be there. In today's market I am not sure how fast it would fill.
Dude it’s residential. It’ll fill up fast it’s Portland

Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 11:04 PM

Via Portland Maps:

Quote:
Phase 1 of the in-process CCMP for the entire Riverplace site (LU 21-053731). New 30-story multi-family high-rise development, with 329 proposed residential units. Parking for the building will be provided byutilizing unused existing spaces in the adjacent Douglas Apartments garage, which contains 385 stalls. Phase 1 preserves all of the existing housing in the Douglas Apartments and townhouse portions of the site. The project is designed under Hierarchy Level 2a. Runoff will be treated using ecoroofs and stormwater planters designed to meet the pollution reduction requirement using the 2020 Portland PAC. Flow control is not required due to the site discharging directly to the Willamette River through storm-only pipes. The project will be designed per the requirements listed in Portland¿s Central City 2035 Plan (CC2035), which includes a standard that requires ecoroofs on most new buildings in the Central City Plan District (see PCC 33.510.243). The proposed buildings will be constructed with a minimum of 60% of the roof area set aside for ecoroofs. The remaining roof area will be routed to planter facilities for treatment.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 11:09 PM

Also, I decided to move discussion specific to this proposed high-rise to a separate thread. See the existing thread for previous and continuing conversation about the master plan.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2022, 7:05 AM
BANNED

Nice. Probably standout like the SoWa towers for this site as well

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 8:43 PM

Project is on the Design Commission Agenda for 4/7:

Quote:
DAR for a new 30-story, multi-family high-rise development on the former Riverplace Athletic Club site, which is part of Phase 1/ Block 1 of the overall 8-acre site of the recently approved RiverPlace Central City Masterplan CCMS, located in the University District/ S. Downtown Subdistrict of the Central City Plan District. The Phase 1/Block 1 development will be phased, with this development of the southern parcel of Block 1 first, followed by the development of the northern parcel, which will be a mixed-use building with retail and multi-family use. The Phase 1/Block 1 development preserves all existing housing in the Douglas Apartments and townhouse portions of the site.This proposal for the southern parcel of Block 1 will provide 329 dwelling units, and parking will be provided by utilizing unused existing spaces in the adjacent Douglas Apartments garage, which contains 385 stalls. 16,610 square feet of new public open area will be provided in two areas. In the middle of Block 1, a new 60’ wide connection will be provided linking the Harbor Drive Trail on the west of the property to the new Street “A”. At the southern end of the block, a roughly 10,000 square foot open area will be provided that includes an accessible ramp and pedestrian path to link the Harbor Drive Trail to the southern end of Street “A.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 7:21 AM

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 2:37 PM
BANNED

When do you guys think ground breaks? Summer 23’???

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
I snipped this from the document.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 4:43 PM
Registered Ugly

That is pretty prominent. Interesting choice with the diamond footprint, however.

That's the same kind of footprint as Big Pink. This has the unfortunate consequence of making the proportions look good from the thin angle and making them look squat from the "fat" angle.

Otherwise I think this looks pretty good and will be fun to see this whole area fill in eventually.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 9:30 PM

Drawings [55 MB]

Old Posted Apr 4, 2022, 9:44 PM
BANNED

That’s a really nice tower. Reminds me of towers that are in Miami

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Drawings [55 MB]
Here are a few snips from the document.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 4:16 PM
BANNED

That would be crazy if riverplace lapped the post office project lol

Old Posted Apr 5, 2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
That would be crazy if riverplace lapped the post office project lol
Considering where it's located.... I think this project will lap the post office site. The neighborhood is in better shape.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 12:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumptown503 View Post
Considering where it's located.... I think this project will lap the post office site. The neighborhood is in better shape.
Wow that would be crazy. Look at the head start the post office project had

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 12:30 AM

This is an opportunity zone project

So funding to ground breaking needs to be on a fairly tight timeline

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland