HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
How has the rest of Surrey changed since that time, infrastructure wise, culturally, socially?
I mostly knew a chunk of North Delta as that was 'my hood' - and physically very little has changed. North Delta was a bedroom community and seems content to be so. I haven't been back to see cultural or social changes to the area.

Thankfully the Surrey side of Scott Road has changed. Some will complain that it's endless strip malls but that's an improvement (esp south of 80th) as it brings more retail to the area. There are limited bus routes in the area and practically all are north / south so it's hardly surprising to see surface parking. I could do a large rant on SoF bus routes...

My impressions of Surrey (most of which I didn't know as well). The suburban areas don't seem to be very different than they used to be. Surrey Place and Guildford were the places to go so it's not surprising that growth is mostly being concentrated there. King George and Scott Road are also getting some redevelopment action, although obviously not as much at the new Surrey Central downtown area. Old school views like this are slowly being replaced with views more like what you see to the right at The Hub. It gives me hope for downtown Surrey.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley