HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Waterclub towers looks great!

Flickr®

Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 1:54 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Thanks Tony... I've been meaning to ask if you've given any more thought to the next drawing competition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
Hey Koops,
Feel free to draw a version of Verve. I've been meaning to submit a better version myself, but I don't have the time.
I like your version Ramako, I don't need to make my own.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 10:10 PM

Wow, you've outdone yourself on the new RBC Centre. I'm impressed by all the attention to detail... even the (temporary?) gap in the lantern.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 11:38 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Thanks. It's basically the same drawing as I had before with a few tweaks because recent pics revealed more details. It needed to be modified.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2009, 6:49 PM
I am the law!

The Harbour Square drawing is fantastic. Not a fan of Parade though.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2009, 7:29 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Thanks... I'm still not sure about Parade, if it will be split into 2 separate buildings or not. If it is I'll have to re-draw them both.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2009, 8:00 PM
BANNED

Yes Koops, it had a discussion inside about splitting it, but imo as Petronas Towers has a skybridge and not divided in 2 cause the podium, case this one does not have, it is kept. There is no need until now to split it imo. Of course for buildings like it, if were different uses as only residential, then a back lid gray ton in one of them with 2 entries would be necessary, not the case until this moment. Until now it is divided only the ones sharing a low podium, with skybridge not yet.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2009, 9:35 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
I'm still not sure about Parade, if it will be split into 2 separate buildings or not. If it is I'll have to re-draw them both.
I see now. Is it one, two or four? I agree with MK, can't really break up the "bridge" . As far as the shorter towers are concerned, I was never able to confirm back in the day whether the midrise podium wrapped all the way around to connect the two highrises on each side or not . If it does, there's no denying that it's all one monster of a complex.

Somebody needs to correct or delete the elevator count and delete the western half of the complex from the database which, AFAIK, is still technically on hold.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2009, 9:41 PM
BANNED

Maybe that answers you Goodlookin' http://cityplace.ca/parade/I analysed the website and the 2 lowrises next are connected in behind part, the midrises not, but has a great podium and Koops diagram could have a much better impression. Fortunatly there is no separate entries for the mid/lowrises. So imo everything could be done here in just one. The most editors were to divide the bridge, imo, wrongly. Just me was agreed to keep attached. See the floorplans that you will see that the construction goes around it connecting in rear part. The left part is clear, when the round tower is connect. I am not sure about the square tower right side.

Last edited by M.K.; Feb 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2009, 9:46 PM
I am the law!

See my previous post. You deleted one of the lowrises. The other highrise and lowrise are listed as on hold however, I haven't been down there in a while. There may have since gotten all their paperwork in order to proceed. Moot point though.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2009, 9:56 PM
BANNED

I don't remember deleting any of Toronto bldg pages. Maybe was another editor. Can you show me the cards? In case I can confirm. BTW, I just delete when people ask to do, otherwise not abroad.

Actually if you see all Parades are still there, see:

Grand Parade & Parade II http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=46219
Parade I http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=46223 this seems not to be useful anymore.
Parade III http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=46222 onhold
Parade IV http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=46220 onhold

I counted 12 elevators in whole complex, seeing the floorplans, each 3 group in each 4 parts. Should I corrected to 12? There is already an entry Parade IV as on-hold.

IMO, this must be just one entry cause seems is everything connected.

Last edited by M.K.; Feb 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 6:48 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Hey, Sac.

What I proposed in the Editors forum was that we have two entries for parade, but that you simply 'rotate' the complex and show in the front that you want to show. Another idea was that you use a fading to tool to fade one the background tower away. It'd be very interesting to see how this is done. I gaven't seen this done, in fact.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 2:00 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

I guess I'll just have to wait till you guys figure out if the complex needs to be drawn as 1, 2, 4 or 6 buildings... I think it would be very cool to do the whole thing as a single entity. Please let me know what you decide and I'll start working on it.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 2:07 PM
BANNED

Koops, make the diagram as complete as possible cause it seems everything connected with podium and midrises. I am 90% to remanage the entry Grand Parade and deleting the others. I just need the feedback of Goodlookin'
But in meantime do the diagram and upload there. You can base in the floorplans pic while you see everthing in bldg website. I continue to be the opinion it is 6 buildings everything connected. If part of it is on-hold, then this could be a small text in description.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 5:12 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

OK, I'll start working on it...

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 5:25 PM
I am the law!

whoa!

yeah, 12 elevators in total; 3 per tower.

anyhow, just was wondering why the "temp" drawing wasn't up to his usual standard

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 6:32 PM
BANNED

Ok Koops, I remanaged the Grand Parade as just one entry for all 6 parts, but let's see, I kept the other 3 bldg pages yet, in case the big structure could not be approved. The problem is with a big podium divided in left & right sides with both midrises, the connection between all is either just the skybridge.

If does not get approved than we divide in 2 groups of 3 with the skybridge divided in grey ton for one side in different 2 entries. If you go in 'finishes' in official website, then you see this fade, grey tons and highlight effect.

But if get approved, than I delete the rest 3 bldg pages alread there, to keep just one.

It continuous to have discrepancies: Emporis is too old, seems that, there it says the higher tower has only 36 floors, I counted more. Second the podium, I counted 8 floors, says there 10 floors. So, I am not 100% sure. Only the midrise is most correct with 18 floors. I kept what Goodlookin, Sacamano puts for the heights, seems plausible and I estimated the podiums one.

There is nowhere in web fotos of the construction, but emporis says all 6 parts are uc.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 9:19 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamano View Post
whoa!

yeah, 12 elevators in total; 3 per tower.

anyhow, just was wondering why the "temp" drawing wasn't up to his usual standard
Partly because I was working from an old, crappy render, and partly because I suspected that I'd have to re-draw it in the near future. (which has now happened) Hopefully I'll get it finished over the weekend.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2009, 2:05 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Can someone post a rendering of the complex? From what I've seen Tower I and II don't share a common base, at all.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2009, 5:43 AM
I am the law!

http://www.urbandb.com/canada/ontari...west_it002.pdf

Page 13; block 26W & block 29.

Final Design
http://www.urbandb.com/canada/ontari..._2508.png.html

For clarity's sake, I don't think you can break up the bridge in a drawing.

I've seen conflicting evidence as to whether the one storey service area ( in the planning report) has been filled in by podium. That's the big IF for you to figure out. (If there is one rule I consider in determining whether its one or two towers, it would be the height of the podium relative to the shorter tower. In this case its 50% or higher than the 1/3 distance I and a few others use as a dividing line. )

A minor variance was also later approved for additonal floors on the taller towers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams