HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 3:19 AM

I'm curious if that apartment building is still happening. It looks like there is a new business in the old Beer Store building there.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 11:37 AM

So the map is back to showing Staples staying in it's current spot. Wonder what the timeline is to demo that existing strip along the north side and adding Giant Tiger. I imagine Westdell still plans to build that apartment building but in the meantime, might as well earn something from the empty beer store. Might be a business they will relocate into the new Dollar Tree plaza once that is built.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 12:43 PM

I believe Westdell is in no rush to build the apartment building as they are waiting for the BRT construction to finish on Wellington which will replace the Storm, Sanitary sewers and install a new Watermain. Think post 2026 as the earliest they might start. Would not be shocked it's closer to 2030.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inimrepus View Post
I'm curious if that apartment building is still happening. It looks like there is a new business in the old Beer Store building there.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 8:39 PM

They have started demolishing the remainder of the old plaza along the northern edge of the property to make way for the Giant Tiger construction. Spent a lot of time in the old Fadels restaurant in there over 30 years ago. Wonder what ever happened to Diana from karaoke night lol.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2024, 8:01 PM

Looks like a permit was filed last week to allow for one of the vacant units to be converted to a No Frills

Old Posted Apr 18, 2024, 9:08 PM

This property is weird. Now their site plan is showing Staples in the new addition of the building they are in, with the existing space vacant and no Giant Tiger on the diagram, but GT is still listed on the banner of all businesses. I cant see there being room for a Staples, No Frills and Giant Tiger even with that addition on the north end of the Staples building. Plus a Giant Tiger and No Frills side by side would seem weird. Staples moving to the new section and No Frills taking the entire existing building, I can see. And it would bring it full circle as this was built as an A&P 40+ years ago.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates