HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
It's a screen capture from the construction webcam, which updates every few minutes:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/NREA/Eastmarket

You can take a few shots of your own!

Got it . Thanks

Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
I assure you it is not open windows. On the west-facing wall of the tower, there are entire panels (made up of multiple floors of multiple windows) that are visibly not in line/level with the rest of the structure. The same can be said for some of the ground level facade pieces installed now on 11th. One can with the naked eye detect obvious slants wherein the pieces are only one inch apart on one side and then many inches apart by the time you get to the other side. It doesn't appear that any of the pictures currently in this thread are zoomed in enough to illuminate this.

Today I saw what you have been describing and if anything its much more noticeable then I expected. What I saw is on the west side, involving a couple floors near the top. I just can't imagine that nothing more will be done. From the street level it looks like entire panels, floor to floor and probably 16 feet long look like they are misplaced by 6", and in two directions! Here's hoping somebody with a camera can take a shoot.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Today I saw what you have been describing and if anything its much more noticeable then I expected. What I saw is on the west side, involving a couple floors near the top. I just can't imagine that nothing more will be done. From the street level it looks like entire panels, floor to floor and probably 16 feet long look like they are misplaced by 6", and in two directions! Here's hoping somebody with a camera can take a shoot.
I actually also saw it in person this past Saturday, marching for Science right past it. All the parties involved here--developers, architects, construction firms, etc.--are quite experienced and well established, so I would hope that this is just a temporary situation that is waiting for the installation of some other element(s) or completion of some other step(s) to be finalized/corrected. If WE notice it, then those responsible for the project must, and projects of this scope don't generally end up with defective or sub-par installations. At least not without some litigation.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbrown View Post
Well I guess we're still waiting on the 'exciting announcements', as of this post. I am excited for more lease announcements - I feel like it is about time.

https://twitter.com/EastMarketPhl
If it's about the appearance of the "platform", than you heard it from me first!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 11:04 PM
Philly Pholly

There seems to be no sign of the second tower getting started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacevator View Post
Notice the formation of the two curved corners on the Market Street facade

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
There seems to be no sign of the second tower getting started.
Mmm...they've been steadily working on the retail base. And the little steel piece on top of it is new. I haven't noticed long periods without change.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 2:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Mmm...they've been steadily working on the retail base. And the little steel piece on top of it is new. I haven't noticed long periods without change.
Also, if you zoom in on the webcam, you can see steel column stubs sticking out above the top of the retail base, to which the initial steel columns of the second tower will be attached.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 3:40 AM

4/26/2017

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 5:35 PM

So between East Market and the Gallery we're talking about close to 2million square feet of retail space to fill up. With both projects opening in about a year we know about a Moms (which was announced well over a year ago), an Iron Hill, a DWR, and maybe a WaWa?

Meanwhile over at Broad and Washington we learned that a Target would be the anchor tenant of a project that hadn't even broken ground yet and won't be finished till 2019.

From a PR standpoint - a trickle of exciting news coming out constantly every few weeks or so - Bed Bath and Beyond is coming - AMC Cinemas is coming - a Container Store is coming - is much more valuable than one big announcement - that everyone will forget about (or not even see unless they're development geeks like us) in a 24 hour news cycle. I mean, Coradino couldn't wait to shout from the mountain tops the instant the Century 21 deal was inked.

All that to say - do you think maybe these two competing properties are having an issue getting tenants to commit? Like, could H&M be playing one side off the other angling for the best deal? Hey East Market, The Gallery is giving me an extra year at 10% less per sf.

The result is that a bunch of retailers are hanging in limbo waiting for the first few deals to sign to make a determination as to their own business's economic viability? Like waiting for the first pitcher to sign in MLB free agency which sets that year's market?

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 6:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
So between East Market and the Gallery we're talking about close to 2million square feet of retail space to fill up. With both projects opening in about a year we know about a Moms (which was announced well over a year ago), an Iron Hill, a DWR, and maybe a WaWa?

Meanwhile over at Broad and Washington we learned that a Target would be the anchor tenant of a project that hadn't even broken ground yet and won't be finished till 2019.

From a PR standpoint - a trickle of exciting news coming out constantly every few weeks or so - Bed Bath and Beyond is coming - AMC Cinemas is coming - a Container Store is coming - is much more valuable than one big announcement - that everyone will forget about (or not even see unless they're development geeks like us) in a 24 hour news cycle. I mean, Coradino couldn't wait to shout from the mountain tops the instant the Century 21 deal was inked.

All that to say - do you think maybe these two competing properties are having an issue getting tenants to commit? Like, could H&M be playing one side off the other angling for the best deal? Hey East Market, The Gallery is giving me an extra year at 10% less per sf.

The result is that a bunch of retailers are hanging in limbo waiting for the first few deals to sign to make a determination as to their own business's economic viability? Like waiting for the first pitcher to sign in MLB free agency which sets that year's market?
PREIT claimed a huge chunk of the FOP was spoken for already. Have heard very little about East Market so who knows. Considering the first building should be open this summer/fall it seems strange that so few tenants have been announced. Then again, they have been working to fit out the MOMs space for like a year+ and it's still not open.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 9:04 PM

Quote:

I can tell you Primark and AMC Theaters are coming to Fashion Outlets. I also know they're shooting to build a residential tower at 9th and Market.

This development - East Market - is practically entirely leased out retail wise. Expect more announcements soon.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 9:31 PM

^ Good news. So the prospective residential tower would be the easternmost one that we see in the conceptual renderings?

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I can tell you Primark and AMC Theaters are coming to Fashion Outlets. I also know they're shooting to build a residential tower at 9th and Market.

This development - East Market - is practically entirely leased out retail wise. Expect more announcements soon.
This is great news! could hug you right now!

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 12:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Why did they confirm something like Iron Hill WAY before it will open while saying nothing about the retail in building 1 aside from the furniture store which was announced a LONG time ago? I'm totally confused about the urgency in confirming Iron Hill even though it's not coming until 2018.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Did someone just tease that the Disney Hole is gonna be filled?

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
Why did they confirm something like Iron Hill WAY before it will open while saying nothing about the retail in building 1 aside from the furniture store which was announced a LONG time ago? I'm totally confused about the urgency in confirming Iron Hill even though it's not coming until 2018.
This is basically what I was getting at in my post upthread. I mean, they announced Mom's Organic was attached to the project 2.5 years ago...

I wonder if there's a gap between saying they'll take the space - and actually signing on the dotted line and we're floating in that space right now. Either way, look forward to the upcoming announcements.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 3:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
This is basically what I was getting at in my post upthread. I mean, they announced Mom's Organic was attached to the project 2.5 years ago...

I wonder if there's a gap between saying they'll take the space - and actually signing on the dotted line and we're floating in that space right now. Either way, look forward to the upcoming announcements.
yeah well they indicated they had big news coming a few Mondays ago and nothing happened. Maybe it's next monday.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 4:09 PM
Philly Pholly

Quote:
I also know they're shooting to build a residential tower at 9th and Market.

I assume this is the tower you were referring to. I find this very good news. This project really requires a residential component. This seems to be the tower that would get developed first.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 4:26 PM

^above the former Walgreens

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 5:13 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
I assume this is the tower you were referring to. I find this very good news. This project really requires a residential component. This seems to be the tower that would get developed first.
They should...I mean the formula is quite easy when you think about it. Build new retail spaces for restaurants, clothing stores, movie theater, grocery store and follow it with residential towers where people will use the restaurants, clothing stores, grocery store, and a movie theater. The kicker will be trying to add more office space and get office workers and conventioneers to give a boost to the local businesses.

Oh, where's the gym like Philadelphia Sports Club? Need one of those too.

I'm sure the motto been said....live, work, play and so forth.

Last edited by iheartphilly; May 5, 2017 at 5:32 PM. Reason: typo corrected.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive