HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

3 Civic Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgu View Post
Great! Are you on the same floor. We'll have to have a drink on my balcony after this is all done...
Yes sir. Haha once we all settle down invite me over pls !

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 8:33 PM
BANNED

Apparently no one in Surrey has a camera to get pictures of it

WTF?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
Apparently no one in Surrey has a camera to get pictures of it

WTF?
I hate to say it but some of the people in this thread aren't SSP regulars and could care less about sharing photos or talking about the actual building process of this tower.

I do see a few of the newcomers have branched out to different threads. Good for those forumers. Also, some members don't know how to post photos on this forum so that could be another case. Because I've seen that happen a few times.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
I hate to say it but some of the people in this thread aren't SSP regulars and could care less about sharing photos or talking about the actual building process of this tower.

I do see a few of the newcomers have branched out to different threads. Good for those forumers. Also, some members don't know how to post photos on this forum so that could be another case. Because I've seen that happen a few times.
I am one of them. No clue how to post pictures...

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanmetro View Post
I am one of them. No clue how to post pictures...
In steps:

1. Find a website that offers free image hosting and resgister. In this case you can use Imgur.com because it's rated close to #1 by most people. Or you can do your own research and find any other site. I've used Photobucket and Flickr but they aren't as good any more.

2. Upload your photos from your phone/camera to Imgur. You can choose after whether you want the photos to be displayed publicly or privately on Imgur.

3. Once you have upload your photo now you can right click on the upload image and select "Copy Image Address."

4. In the reply box in SSP type out the following "[IMG][/IMG]" without quotes.

5. Paste the address you have copied between the characters like this Example: [IMG]Paste in here[/IMG].

6. Post away

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 5:25 AM

Imgur doesn't seem to work from a desktop computer anymore (or I'm not adept).

I've used imgBB:

https://imgbb.com/

After it's uploaded, use the URL marked "BB Code Full Linked" and it includes the [url][img] coding automatically.
Just cut and paste the URL into the post.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 8:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman12 View Post
</script><script >processGoogleTokenSync({"newToken":"FBS"},5);</script>s="60" style="display:block; width:540px; height:250px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">

WOW! And I thought $18,000 for an extra parking spot was expensive here at P.A. when they offered it 2 years ago.
I paid $21K for additional parking stall at PA West early this year. The new Avani is selling additional parking stall for $35000 now !!! It is just across from the King George Hub site.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
I paid $21K for additional parking stall at PA West early this year. The new Avani is selling additional parking stall for $35000 now !!! It is just across from the King George Hub site.
$35k is steep for a parking space, especially as I personally believe 3CP is in a better location and back then 3CP was $30k. At least it's not the rumoured $40-50k which I heard a week ago. Also means @boatman12 almost doubled his investment in his 18k parking space

Isn't the whole point of buying these properties with prime locations, less than 5 minutes walk to transit, is that there is no need for a car or parking? Esp with all the car sharing services like Modo now becoming more mainstream... Sure glad I got parking with 3CP back then, new buildings now such as Avani selling $850-$900/sq ft selling price, WITHOUT parking space. Can't even afford the unit never mind parking!!

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummozebra View Post
$35k is steep for a parking space, especially as I personally believe 3CP is in a better location and back then 3CP was $30k. At least it's not the rumoured $40-50k which I heard a week ago. Also means @boatman12 almost doubled his investment in his 18k parking space

Isn't the whole point of buying these properties with prime locations, less than 5 minutes walk to transit, is that there is no need for a car or parking? Esp with all the car sharing services like Modo now becoming more mainstream... Sure glad I got parking with 3CP back then, new buildings now such as Avani selling $850-$900/sq ft selling price, WITHOUT parking space. Can't even afford the unit never mind parking!!
Actually I chose not to invest in a 2nd parking spot as one came with our unit, and as you said, because transit and shopping is all within an easy walk, we didn't need a 2nd vehicle, so I sadly parted with my truck.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 6:49 PM

In my experience the cost to build underground parking can range from $20,000-$35,000 depending on depth and soil conditions etc. Also, construction costs for underground parking have not been immune to the general rise in costs.

So if a developer is selling extra spots for $35,000 it would probably be close to their cost to build perhaps netting them a $5000 profit or so.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 10:17 PM

Hvac

Is anyone familiar with this system? I seem to control the ceiling in my apartment as a passive radiator. Does my downstairs neighbour control my floor (as their ceiling)? Or is there an insulation gap?

There was supposed to be a picture included. Maybe this will work?

https://img.frl/15k4u

Last edited by Geeek; Jun 16, 2018 at 10:21 PM. Reason: tried to add picture

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeek View Post

Is anyone familiar with this system? I seem to control the ceiling in my apartment as a passive radiator. Does my downstairs neighbour control my floor (as their ceiling)? Or is there an insulation gap?

There was supposed to be a picture included. Maybe this will work?

https://img.frl/15k4u
Thanks for this. According to this then.. Do we have to close all the shades and open the bottom and top window in the summer for maximum cooling??

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 10:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Also, some members don't know how to post photos on this forum so that could be another case. Because I've seen that happen a few times.
There's definitely some truth in that. I've been around the site for a long time and back in the day SSP hosted it's own photos but since Dylan stopped doing that, it's a much more complicated and time-consuming procedure.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 11:29 PM

Prado is hoping to get their final approval by wednesday. If and it's always an "if" they will open the 25th.
I wonder if that's the same for the residences....

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgu View Post
Prado is hoping to get their final approval by wednesday. If and it's always an "if" they will open the 25th.
I wonder if that's the same for the residences....
This is the same date as the deadline for any walk-through requests so it's possible

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokim99 View Post
Thanks for this. According to this then.. Do we have to close all the shades and open the bottom and top window in the summer for maximum cooling??
Radiant cooling is not capable of quickly lowering room temperature like an air conditioner but makes you feel cooler over time by reducing the heat reflected through walls.

Unless there is a fan coil unit hooked up to that radiant cooling, heat gain will be greater in the summer don't expect it to lower the room temperature like an air conditioner. It will probably work okay for north facing units.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 2:47 PM

Anybody received that 6th amendment yet?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyhallgoat View Post
Radiant cooling is not capable of quickly lowering room temperature like an air conditioner but makes you feel cooler over time by reducing the heat reflected through walls.

Unless there is a fan coil unit hooked up to that radiant cooling, heat gain will be greater in the summer don't expect it to lower the room temperature like an air conditioner. It will probably work okay for north facing units.
\

Does radiant cooling considered to be superior technology then conventional , forced air A/C then ? why would developers choose radiant cooling over forced air ?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 6:29 PM

Quote:
\

Does radiant cooling considered to be superior technology then conventional , forced air A/C then ? why would developers choose radiant cooling over forced air ?

Probably to save space. All the luxury highrise units at ubc have a small secondary closet that hides the heat pumps :/

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 7:01 PM

Quote:
\

It's also significantly more energy efficient and earns LEED points.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley