HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 12:38 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2011 SALZBURG Photo Collection

I'm not a Sound of Music fan. In fact, I've never seen the film before. My decision to visit Salzburg was very practical. Munich was among the cheapest places in Europe where I could fly from Asia, and Salzburg was a logical choice, being only 90 minutes away from the airport. With this view, I truly had no regrets.

The clouds cleared up a little bit and the sun shone at Mirabellgarten, a serene park edged between the train station and the riverside.

The leafy southern exit leads to Makartplatz.

The river bends around Salzburg, and hills on both sides give a pretty backdrop to the city.

Streams of tourists were already entering the old town. The various merchants were ready to do some business!

Museum der Moderne Monchsberg is perched above the city, and offers a lovely view of the town. Strangely, the throngs of tourists that were crossing the river did not realize this spot.

Back on ground level, Salzburg's old town is small and walkable.

Various municipal facilities are hidden away in the geography. This facade looks interesting, and unexpectedly, a parking lot entrance lies inside.

The equine fountain's use has changed today, but is nevertheless a pretty sight.

For more, check out my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/salzburg01.htm

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 12:26 AM
not cleavefied

well that was an enjoyable jaunt. Thanks for sharing Salzburg with me.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 1:27 AM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Thanks for the photos!

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 2:22 AM

I love the horse fountain.

The perfect little city.

Thanks for the tour.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 6:11 AM
Hong Kong

Thanks for your support. Here's the second part :

The clouds rolled in and an annoying drizzle would soon follow. My first day in Europe on this trip was about to turn for the worse.

Franziskanerkirche's history goes back a thousand years, and hence the structure incorporates a variety of architectural styles.

The catacombs are wedged along the hillside. They're open to the public and are mostly empty these days.

Even the cemeteries are quite green and colourful. Looking at a few memorials, the inhabitants are actually not all historic figures.

Of the several churches in the area, the Dom is the largest. Civic life seems to revolve around it, with a market on one side, and a big square on the other where horse carridges await customers.

It's a large church, but the interior was not particularly impressive.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 1:48 AM
Hong Kong

Without the sun, it was a chilly day to venture about outdoors.

Back before the photography era, panoramas such as this one offered a close glimpse of what the world beyond looks like. This panorama of Salzburg and its surroundings from 1829 is suitably displayed in a circular theatre, where visitors can explore in all four directions.

The Salzburg Museum has an interesting collection, and some intricately-decorated rooms.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos