HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
I'm going to file this one in a field of dreams, no real details, no financing, .... What existing 150,000 warehouse is available.
This is all new build.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 8:53 PM

I guess I stand corrected, but for sure I thought I saw in one report they were retrofitting an existing warehouse. Hyper optimistic that anyone could build 150,000 sq ft of purpose built space and be operational in 18 months , with nothing but an announcement in hand.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 1:14 AM
Ham-Bur-gher

This story mentions the retrofit while they do the longer-term work to plan the Barton-Tiffany site.
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9...thin-the-year/

Quote:
But at full build-out, David said he expects 500,000 square feet of stage space at the Barton-Tiffany site alongside residential housing and live-work space for artists.

To start, Aeon plans to "retrofit" an existing factory elsewhere in Hamilton with at least 150,000 square feet of stage space to "get started as quickly as possible," ideally within the year, he said.

Building on the Barton-Tiffany block — which has a long industrial history — won't happen quickly. Aeon has yet to begin environmental testing or negotiate a purchase price for the city land.

Nothing will be built at the permanent site without "appropriate community consultations," added co-founder Jeff Anders, who said Aeon has already reached out to the Central Neighbourhood Association.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 1:52 AM

^^^ thanks ScreamingViking

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy