HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #15681  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 10:52 PM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 4,904
I'm not sure if this has been talked about at all or not. New proposal for Cleveland & Chicago Ave for a new 24 story (260 feet to the very top) hotel with 216 rooms, 90 parking spots, and 8000 sq ft of ground floor retail. Looks like it was slated for multi unit residential previously.

Developer is KR Development - Daniel Rezko. Pappageorge Haymes is the architect. Currently a vacant piece of land:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8964...7i16384!8i8192
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15682  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 11:41 PM
PittsburghPA PittsburghPA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: West Loop, Chicago
Posts: 708
800 W Fulton 9/16

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15683  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 4:35 PM
simon07 simon07 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I'm not sure if this has been talked about at all or not. New proposal for Cleveland & Chicago Ave for a new 24 story (260 feet to the very top) hotel with 216 rooms, 90 parking spots, and 8000 sq ft of ground floor retail. Looks like it was slated for multi unit residential previously.

Developer is KR Development - Daniel Rezko. Pappageorge Haymes is the architect. Currently a vacant piece of land:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8964...7i16384!8i8192
I really hope this happens....but it wont.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15684  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 4:47 PM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 4,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon07 View Post
I really hope this happens....but it wont.
Why wouldn't it happen?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15685  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 10:12 PM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 12,230
Gr333n - 333 N Green

Sept 13







...and... my first attempt a video
Video Link


Video Link
__________________
Harry C --- Chicago rep for SkyRise Cities ---- My Flickr stream HRC_OakPark
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. B Franklin.

Last edited by harryc; Sep 17, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15686  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 10:18 PM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 4,904
400 N Aberdeen (Aberdeen & Kinzie). Office with 395,000 sq ft of space with 12,000 sq ft of ground floor commercial/office/retail, and 150 parking spaces. Developer is Trammell Crow (same developer as West End on Fulton).

16 total stories - unable to read the exact height in feet. Architect is ESG in Minneapolis who also designed Marlowe in River North (https://www.esgarch.com/work/)

This would take up the entire parcel bounded Kinzie, Aberdeen, May, and the train tracks near Hubbard.




Also:

308 S Green. Currently a surface parking lot just south of Jackson. Plan for a 13 story office building with ground floor commercial. 167 feet to the very top. Fitzgerald are the architects.

Currently: https://www.google.com/maps/place/30...8!4d-87.648748


Last edited by marothisu; Sep 17, 2019 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15687  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 11:06 PM
PittsburghPA PittsburghPA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: West Loop, Chicago
Posts: 708
167 N Green 9/17


Last edited by PittsburghPA; Sep 18, 2019 at 5:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15688  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 3:11 AM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 4,904
4th high rise of the zoning applications. See the other 3 in my previous posts. This time for Carroll for the parcel between Aberdeen and May. Also known as the City Technology Center - it would include office as well as a 200 room hotel with 282 parking spots, 100 bicycle parking spots, and 5500 sq ft of ground floor commercial space. Building is 18 floors with a maximum height of 330 feet.

Site was a Ryder Truck Rental lot:


Oh and also there's another zoning app up for a parcel of land to be built out for industrial/manufacturing near the Ashland Orange Line stop. Guess who it's for? Cougle. It specifically mentions how they're moving from Fulton Market to this parcel. Guess who has the land across the street from this proposal to the east? Cougle. What shares one intersection with Cougle? Google! Bunch of stuff proposed for this immediate area..

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about these drawings. Feels like someone was trying too hard to be different in some way:

Source: Pappageorge Haymes






Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15689  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 6:17 AM
LouisVanDerWright LouisVanDerWright is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,361
Surely the neighbors will be happy to see they've "broken down the massing"...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15690  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 1:32 PM
ardecila's Avatar
ardecila ardecila is online now
TL;DR
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the city o'wind
Posts: 13,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Oh and also there's another zoning app up for a parcel of land to be built out for industrial/manufacturing near the Ashland Orange Line stop. Guess who it's for? Cougle. It specifically mentions how they're moving from Fulton Market to this parcel. Guess who has the land across the street from this proposal to the east? Cougle. What shares one intersection with Cougle? Google! Bunch of stuff proposed for this immediate area..
It continues to annoy me how prime land next to Orange Line stops continues to be slated for industrial or other low-intensity uses. Cougle's site is not just next to the Orange Line stop, but on river frontage to boot, in an area where we've seen strong interest in riverfront residential.

I keep hoping the large parcel along Bubbly Creek at the end of 31st St can become some kind of dense residential. Something like Lathrop (architecturally) would be a great fit for the scale of Bridgeport and could bring some decent density.
__________________
la forme d'une ville change plus vite, hélas! que le coeur d'un mortel...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15691  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 1:36 PM
Chisouthside Chisouthside is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Silicon Valley/Chicago
Posts: 151
Reminds me of the samsung hq building in San Jose, Ca but less stumpy.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15692  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 2:11 PM
the urban politician the urban politician is offline
The City
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago region
Posts: 17,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
It continues to annoy me how prime land next to Orange Line stops continues to be slated for industrial or other low-intensity uses. Cougle's site is not just next to the Orange Line stop, but on river frontage to boot, in an area where we've seen strong interest in riverfront residential.

I keep hoping the large parcel along Bubbly Creek at the end of 31st St can become some kind of dense residential. Something like Lathrop (architecturally) would be a great fit for the scale of Bridgeport and could bring some decent density.
The Orange Line is a joke

I cringe whenever I ride that thing. I mean, why did Chicago bother with it other than just the Midway-downtown connection?

Most of the stops are surrounded by forgettable nonsense. Strip shopping centers, industrial land, etc.
__________________
Eat less
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15693  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 2:45 PM
RockfordSoxFan's Avatar
RockfordSoxFan RockfordSoxFan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 82
That area around Google hq is on fire. I expected demo of the Coyne site by now. Any news for that one yet? Its got to be getting close.
__________________
Chicago Blackhawks, Stanley Cup Champs 2010, 2013, 2015.
Chicago White Sox, World Series Champs 2005.
Chicago Bulls, World Champs 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998.
Chicago Bears, Super Bowl Champs 1985.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15694  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 4:17 PM
Handro Handro is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
The Orange Line is a joke

I cringe whenever I ride that thing. I mean, why did Chicago bother with it other than just the Midway-downtown connection?

Most of the stops are surrounded by forgettable nonsense. Strip shopping centers, industrial land, etc.
Especially in a city that could benefit from MORE rail transit.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15695  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 4:23 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is online now
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 21,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
I mean, why did Chicago bother with it other than just the Midway-downtown connection?
you just answered your own question.

a rail connection to MDW was the point, and the city didn't have the money to go acquiring new ROW land and building miles of new elevated structures, so they did it on the cheap by primarily utilizing existing elevated freight ROWs that go through some pretty industrial, gritty areas.
__________________
He has to go.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15696  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 7:33 PM
r18tdi's Avatar
r18tdi r18tdi is offline
Team Alinghi
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Architect is ESG in Minneapolis who also designed Marlowe in River North
I think they designed only the interiors and Antunafish Associates did the building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post

308 S Green
Same project as this?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15697  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 9:32 PM
LouisVanDerWright LouisVanDerWright is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
you just answered your own question.

a rail connection to MDW was the point, and the city didn't have the money to go acquiring new ROW land and building miles of new elevated structures, so they did it on the cheap by primarily utilizing existing elevated freight ROWs that go through some pretty industrial, gritty areas.
It's really not that bad, what other route would you take to MDW? It follows Archer halfway there and then follows Western Blvd. What other pedestrian friendly major thouroughfares are there on the SW side? Sure it could have followed Archer most of the way, but honestly that part of town is just very industrial.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15698  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 10:07 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is online now
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 21,374
^ well, if money grew on trees, subway under halsted to 35th, subway under 35th to archer, subway under archer out to the airport.

but money doesn't grow on trees, so the CTA did what it could with what it had.
__________________
He has to go.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15699  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 11:08 PM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 4,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
It continues to annoy me how prime land next to Orange Line stops continues to be slated for industrial or other low-intensity uses. Cougle's site is not just next to the Orange Line stop, but on river frontage to boot, in an area where we've seen strong interest in riverfront residential.
Agree, though it seems that maybe in the future around a few it could get better. Ashland stop on the south end not far away has a bunch of stuff coming from Chinese developers. New buildings with a few hundred new residential units and probably multiple eateries/stores.

I have friends here in NYC going to Chicago for the first time next weekend. They're flying into Midway and taking the Orange Line in. I told them to not be impressed at all with anything they see along the ride.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15700  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 12:07 AM
HowardL's Avatar
HowardL HowardL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Lakeview, Chicago
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I have friends here in NYC going to Chicago for the first time next weekend. They're flying into Midway and taking the Orange Line in. I told them to not be impressed at all with anything they see along the ride.
True. But they are from a city with next to no airport to CBD trains. Does Newark? It was busted last time I flew in there. Had to haggle to score a cab.

Also, if they are on the left side of the L, there are some fairly killer views of the Loop if one squints to blur out the foreground.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:44 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.