HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 2:15 PM

I just ducked in here to compliment Max Towers on his detective work. Lots of good stuff in that post

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I did not know it was by the same developer.

It will be really cool once the area between Riverside and Lake Shore Blvd. is completely filled in. Looks like they are keeping an area open for park space too.
I'm hoping they start incorporating more retail on the ground floors of those buildings! Most of them so far are 100% residential aside from the leasing office.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
I just ducked in here to compliment Max Towers on his detective work. Lots of good stuff in that post
Thanks. I picked this username as an ill-advised joke, though I guess it keeps my posts from showing up under my real name on Google.

Scuttlebutt says we'll apparently know more about this project in a couple of weeks.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Again, it's smaller than the Domain, which is almost built out at this point (~10 years), and was (after a short while) basically just Endeavor.

It's a nice development, but you're acting like this is some new unprecedented thing.

It's also much smaller than Mueller, and I believe that's been all Catellus so far.

*And that's _if_ they get the max zoning they're asking for (no sure thing) and build out to the max of the traffic analysis they're doing (also not guaranteed).
so I have to admit being wrong on the timeline, though it sounds like it's more a political thing than the actual scale of the development.

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...n-project.html

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvairkeith View Post
The apartment across the street from Fifth and West do a decent job of making a varied faux-historic streetscape.

Yeah I live near this and it's ok when you walk by on street level, but I think overall it's pretty gross. It looks more like a movie set than actual historical buildings.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwinkles View Post
Yeah I live near this and it's ok when you walk by on street level, but I think overall it's pretty gross. It looks more like a movie set than actual historical buildings.
This is kind of inevitable when you think about the time these were built, and how much (little!) money/sq ft the market could bear back then. They neither could afford real old craftsmanship, nor could do high-quality modern construction and make any profit. So "movie set" it is.
Until the marker reaches price level that can support quality construction, quality construction can't happen.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 2:06 PM
I'm here for no one.

Check out the first six items (C1-C6) on the agenda for the next Planning Commission meeting on 09/11. They have been postponed for further study, but they look like they could be related to Project Catalyst.

http://austintexas.gov/cityclerk/boa...tings/40_1.htm

Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 3:19 PM
Resident Moron

Lets get this and the Statesman site going and start really bringing density to both sides of the river.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin