HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Sep 12, 2009, 2:37 PM
National Capital Region

Ad for LaTiffani 2 in the Citizen today

and on
http://www.claridgehomes.com/Coming%20Soon/index.html

Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 8:14 PM

Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for a while and had a question. I was informed that the "La Tiffani 2" condo building will open up for sale this weekend and was curious as to what your thoughts were on the location and the potential future value of buying in the area (New Edinburgh / Vanier)? I'm looking into a 1 + Den and I like New Edinburgh, but it's kind of right on the outskirts of it and some people would not necessarily consider these building to be "in" New Edinburgh.

Anyways, I understand that some of you are not fond of Claridge, so I'm not really looking for a response regarding the builder but more as to whether it would be a good investment to buy there? I would ideally move in the place once it's done, but who knows where I"ll be in two - three years from now when the building is actually built...

I've learnt a lot from this board and look forward to reading your thoughts!

Cheers!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2009, 12:53 AM

I feel like anything new inside the Greenbelt is a reasonably good investment. Being very close to the Rideau River and its pathway system will be a huge plus as well. It may not be as sure an investment as downtown/Glebe/Westboro etc. but I think it's a safe bet.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2009, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senators1 View Post
Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for a while and had a question. I was informed that the "La Tiffani 2" condo building will open up for sale this weekend and was curious as to what your thoughts were on the location and the potential future value of buying in the area (New Edinburgh / Vanier)? I'm looking into a 1 + Den and I like New Edinburgh, but it's kind of right on the outskirts of it and some people would not necessarily consider these building to be "in" New Edinburgh.

Anyways, I understand that some of you are not fond of Claridge, so I'm not really looking for a response regarding the builder but more as to whether it would be a good investment to buy there? I would ideally move in the place once it's done, but who knows where I"ll be in two - three years from now when the building is actually built...

I've learnt a lot from this board and look forward to reading your thoughts!

Cheers!

I find the location to be excellent, especially if "your Ottawa" is the Market and points east. There is good shopping/pubs/restaurants, etc nearby and the transit links are great as is road access to pretty well everything. The prices in the condo towers surprised me as I thought there might be more of a difference between them and comparable projects downtown than seems to be the case.

There is no way this project is in New Edinburgh, however. It is in Vanier (the neighbourhood that dare not speak its name in real estate development circles, it would seem). Perhaps a compromise would be to label it as part of "Beechwood Village".

Old Posted Nov 14, 2009, 5:36 AM

Stand up shower?

I just put in an offer in the second tower of La Tiffani and was curious if removing the bathtub and replacing it with a stand up shower would lower the value of the condo? I'm considering to either have a full sized stand up shower (from wall to wall) or going 3/4 length and using the other 1/4 as a linen closet....

Last edited by Senators1; Nov 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2009, 8:40 PM
National Capital Region

Old Posted Nov 17, 2009, 9:15 PM
Busy Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senators1 View Post
I just put in an offer in the second tower of La Tiffani and was curious if removing the bathtub and replacing it with a stand up shower would lower the value of the condo? I'm considering to either have a full sized stand up shower (from wall to wall) or going 3/4 length and using the other 1/4 as a linen closet....

It depends. If it one of those prefab showers, then a tub would have better resale value. If it is one of those well done walk in tiled showers with glass walls, it could have better appeal than a basic tub and shower.

If you opt for a shower stall, get a lower spout installed. In a condo, a tub is sometimes the only place to fill up a bucket or wash some odd things, and having a spout will give you the same flexibility.

I've seen some badly laid out bathrooms, and one of my pet peeves are tubs that are positioned so that when you are soaking your head is right next the toilet bowl. If I had to settle for a layout like that, I'd go for the shower stall instead.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2009, 2:24 PM

I haven't seen it myself yet but what I'm hearing from some of the trades involved is that finishing quality of workmanship is quite good and especially the drywall. Many different companies involved than what Claridge typically uses with a good site super. La Tiffani I is about 4 months ahead of schedule so expect phone calls to move up closing dates if you've bought in this building.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2010, 11:46 PM

The roof over-hang thingie on the South_West corner still needs to be completed and common elements on the lower floors are just starting to take shape but they have started taking down the construction hoist today, 2 of 3 elevators have been certified, and the first few floors have had most of their finish installs done. Had the chance to poke around a bit today and was quite impressed with how the site is being managed. Not a fancy building by any stretch but things like a double wide ramp between parking levels, common element washrooms just off the front lobby, a loading dock, a very large "party room", and great views of the Rideau River (and all it's retirement homes) certainly stand out. The La Tiffani will not be the hot investment flipper that the Plaza is but for someone who wants to live in this area of town with easy access to downtown... not bad at all.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2010, 2:17 PM

(pics by me)

Old Posted Jun 5, 2010, 12:36 AM

Roof detail completed, paving completed, landscaping completed, occupancy on 19 of 20 floors. This project should be updated to "completed" IMO.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2010, 12:45 AM
Citizen-at-large

My understanding is that this thread deals with both towers and the townhomes, in which case the project is far from complete.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
I feel like anything new inside the Greenbelt is a reasonably good investment. Being very close to the Rideau River and its pathway system will be a huge plus as well. It may not be as sure an investment as downtown/Glebe/Westboro etc. but I think it's a safe bet.
Maybe not as sure, but at least as far as Vanier is concerned, I think the percentage return would be higher, since the buy-in price is lower (for now).

Some of the best-kept residential secrets in the city are in Vanier. Shhhhhh...

Old Posted Jul 5, 2010, 3:57 PM
National Capital Region

the 'crown' is up at the top corner of the building

20 June 2010 by Janusz ZL @ flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1990050...n/photostream/

Old Posted Aug 15, 2010, 5:36 PM
National Capital Region

14 August 2010 by me

Last edited by waterloowarrior; Aug 15, 2010 at 7:01 PM. Reason: increased brightness

Old Posted Aug 15, 2010, 6:55 PM

Tower 2 should get started sometime in February / March with the retirement residence planned for the same site not far behind.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2010, 6:57 PM

Some up-close photos. Taken early August 2010 by me

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 2:04 AM

Is it just me, or does the tower in a couple of those shots look just like a render photoshopped in?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 11:52 PM

Seems Tiffani II is also underway. Construction fences are up with staff and heavy equipment on site.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2011, 3:47 PM

Right next to the two towers, there will be a 10-storey retirement home being built. Is that true? How would that affect the property value of the two towers given that you are high enough and your view is only partially blocked?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa