HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark2 View Post
Yes, about at year. It has been fenced off that long. Here is the April Streetview of the site (closest to a year ago I could find).
Yeah fenced off but still a parking lot as we can see lol not entirely uncommon. But to be honest, I don't think anyone here would shed a tear if it were canceled. But in true LA fashion, barely 9 months isn't anything to panic about, we've seen different projects being fenced up for different lengths of time. I was just curious what was going on with the Fig towers since they closed hooters and I actually like that project lol.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 10:52 PM

Oh, for sure, Cambria is BOO UGLY, would rather see this design fail and someone else to redesign it. Its a very prominent site from that side and the 110 freeway.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 2:57 AM

New DTLA Uniqlo Adds Strong Retail Presence to 7th Street Corridor

https://brighamyen.com/2018/12/13/ne...reet-corridor/

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 9:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesBeauty View Post

New DTLA Uniqlo Adds Strong Retail Presence to 7th Street Corridor

https://brighamyen.com/2018/12/13/ne...reet-corridor/
Love the prominent corner location for this. Hopefully it spurs more retailers to come to the area on all sides.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 12:15 PM

They could make it happen if they wide the sidewalks and remove all those annoying parking buildings on the right, for example, for more interesting and active-driving spaces.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 5:35 PM

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 12:12 AM

Looks like tower 3 of the Apex twins but I say HELL YEAH ! but i wish USC would do something with those 2 monolothic boxes it has behind its tower.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 1:32 AM

It would be great to develop a strong and diverse retail corridor from 7th to 7th and Broadway. To balance out all the eateries and provide ample foot traffic. People should come to shop along the whole corridor, not just to a specific store. Thats what all these smaller stores need.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM19 View Post
It would be great to develop a strong and diverse retail corridor from 7th to 7th and Broadway. To balance out all the eateries and provide ample foot traffic. People should come to shop along the whole corridor, not just to a specific store. Thats what all these smaller stores need.
That would be an ideal route for shopping and eating. Take the train to 7th st/Metro center, shop and stroll east down 7th street, hit broadway and go north or south to continue shopping or eating (grand central market)

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 11:01 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Pretty sure USC is just leasing the space in the former Transamerica Tower and does not own the whole complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Looks like tower 3 of the Apex twins but I say HELL YEAH ! but i wish USC would do something with those 2 monolothic boxes it has behind its tower.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 16, 2018, 1:47 AM

Quote:
USC could fix em up for student and even faculty housing as well-just an idea.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2018, 7:09 AM

^^^ That would be cool, would bring a few hundred or thousand people to the area. But I think the county leases office space in both of the monoliths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Pretty sure USC is just leasing the space in the former Transamerica Tower and does not own the whole complex.
Well whoever owns the whole complex should get rid of the block that's attached with the skybridge. It will break up the monolithic feel the building gives on the area.

Last edited by caligrad; Dec 16, 2018 at 7:57 AM.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2018, 7:34 AM

Sorry, off topic guys, but I was driving on the 101 towards downtown and saw the WG adorning its Christmas colors. Since the spire is dark, has anyone thought if they should install some sort of crown jewel atop the spire ala Transamerica Pyramid? The TP lights its crown jewel during the holidays, would totally love to see the WG do that.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2018, 1:02 PM

Quote:
The property owner is LBA Realty. There is still office space with up to 20000 sq. ft available.

The USC has a long-term lease that includes the right to show the USC sign on top of the building.
There are of course other well known tenants like Fox Sports West or Transamerica.

Real DTLA Development Group

Old Posted Dec 16, 2018, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM19 View Post
That'd be ideal but both 7th and Broadway still have too many homeless to be viable IMO. I hate these pocket malls we got in dtla that takes peds off the streets but at least they're pleasant and don't wreak like bodily fluids everywhere. I love some of the offerings on those streets but i don't exactly take slow leisurely strolls on either one.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2018, 8:24 PM

btw anyone know when we'll have a better idea what retail will go in Oceanwide/Circa?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2018, 8:03 AM

^^^ I'm also wondering the same. I remember the Beats commercial logo on one of the renderings for oceanwide. I assumed it'll be a beats store or Apple store, since they own beats now ? I cant remember if they still do. But seeing how an Apple store is opening up on Broadway, I will even doubt that Apple will put two stores in a tricky market....Even though they have 2 across the street from each other in Glendale.

Also....side note. Speaking if Circa. I went to a friends house in Hwood. Somehow got detoured and stuck on the 110. Anyone else notice Circas exterior lighting and signage going a little haywire ? this was around 530-6ish. Like there was a glitch or virus in their system or something.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 7:15 AM

What’s the status on Oceanwide’s Loopy part?? :/ I can’t wait for the LED screens but I’m assuming that would be after the loopy part since it’s part of it

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 4:04 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Not sure. What I am sure of is we're all going a little loopy trying to figure out if/when it will start.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 6:07 PM

Quote:
^ Not sure. What I am sure of is we're all going a little loopy trying to figure out if/when it will start.
I actually asked one of the construction guys a few weeks ago about it, and he said they are still doing it. I assumed they nixed it from the design, but I guess not. We will see!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations