HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Comcast Innovation & Technology Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 7:37 PM

A friend has had, for at least 30 years, a model of the Flatiron building in NYC. It's about 6" tall, cast metal with a bronzy color to it; so maybe the idea of collecting models of building is not so new

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 7:47 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan de California View Post
Skyscraper replicas by InFocusTech can be found here:

https://replicabuildings.com

I'm not affiliated with the company in any way other than as a happy customer. I've bought around 20 buildings from them over the years, and they're awesome. It's a family-run company based in Allentown, PA. They've always been so customer-friendly. Prices range from about $50 to over $300 depending on the size of the replica. Not a cheap hobby, but they're absolutely worth it. I'd love to get into that business myself.
Legos has the Architectural ones too. Maybe eiTech as well. All different levels of detail and quality at different price points.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 3:16 AM

Sunday afternoon, 100 degrees in the shade

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post

Sunday afternoon, 100 degrees in the shade
wow that may be the single cleanest photo of CTC I've seen, simple & beautiful from right there, excellent!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 1:47 PM
Mr. Technology

Comcast was wise to choose Philadelphia as their headquarters, offering them better tax rates than NY as well as having their trophy towers contribute to the growing skyline in a significant way.

NY is always the favorite, but having their HQ there means that it will get lost in the miles of other skyscrapers.

This logic is the very reason of how Comcast has controlled their success.

Amazon is trying to figure this out themselves. Like Comcast, Amazon controls their success, but they want another successful city to host their 2nd HQ.

Imagine if Comcast were to build their next tower in another city?

Right now, Philadelphia does not need to worry about that problem because Comcast is highly satisfied with their home in Philadelphia.

While the city has much success with Comcast, many people wonder if Philadelphia has what it takes to attract new businesses, such as Amazon.

University City, in particular; the Schuylkill Yards is looking very promising for future growth.

With the success of the Cira, Evo & FMC, there is no doubt that Philadelphia is on track.

Across the other river in Camden, we see development rising up to further help expand on Philadelphia’s success as a “satellite city”, much like Jersey City for NY.

As for Comcast, their next tower (to be the tallest (currently in the planning stages)) will most certainly be built in the main “Center City” grid.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post

As for Comcast, their next tower (to be the tallest (currently in the planning stages)) will most certainly be built in the main “Center City” grid.
http://www.phillyvoice.com/dc-archit...-philadelphia/
Is this it

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 6:14 PM
Mr. Technology

God, I don’t think so!!

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
Comcast was wise to choose Philadelphia as their headquarters, offering them better tax rates than NY as well as having their trophy towers contribute to the growing skyline in a significant way.

NY is always the favorite, but having their HQ there means that it will get lost in the miles of other skyscrapers.

This logic is the very reason of how Comcast has controlled their success.

Amazon is trying to figure this out themselves. Like Comcast, Amazon controls their success, but they want another successful city to host their 2nd HQ.

Imagine if Comcast were to build their next tower in another city?

Right now, Philadelphia does not need to worry about that problem because Comcast is highly satisfied with their home in Philadelphia.

While the city has much success with Comcast, many people wonder if Philadelphia has what it takes to attract new businesses, such as Amazon.

University City, in particular; the Schuylkill Yards is looking very promising for future growth.

With the success of the Cira, Evo & FMC, there is no doubt that Philadelphia is on track.

Across the other river in Camden, we see development rising up to further help expand on Philadelphia’s success as a “satellite city”, much like Jersey City for NY.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You do know that Comcast more or less grew up here in Philly, so them having their headquarters here is not so surprising and not such a big reach. What if any info do you have on the possibility of Comcast #3? And since their real estate partner has been buying up land right across the street from Comcast #2, its common knowledge that when and if #3 happens it's expected it will be built on the 'campus'.

What is Philly "on track" for?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 2:24 AM

Thanks, Marcos.

It's just a shot from my smart phone, Moto X4, cropped and shrunk down to a sensible size.
And I cheated a bit by removing a streetlight on the left.

I see a sliver of Comcast 1 behind it. I'll take another shot a bit to the right and try to avoid the traffic while standing in the street.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 2:50 PM

TCOne.... Great photos , thanks for sharing .

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 10:14 PM

These pictures just aren't very exciting. Why can't someone snap a shot of Center City with like bolts of lightning or something?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 10:58 PM
Mr. Technology

The best photo updates!!
Thanks TallCoolOne!!

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 1:40 AM

I'm in Chicago and haven't seen it in person but by the pics the lantern seems to Bogart the nite skyline and not in a good way! Anyone confirm or deny who has seen it?

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 2:10 AM

This building is my favorite building and nobody is allowed to criticize it anymore. K? Thank you.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 6:42 AM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicPhilly View Post
This building is my favorite building and nobody is allowed to criticize it anymore. K? Thank you.
Don't challenge me.

-sb

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 8:54 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

TCO, you’re the BEST!

Amazing pictures.

Thank you.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie View Post
I'm in Chicago and haven't seen it in person but by the pics the lantern seems to Bogart the nite skyline and not in a good way! Anyone confirm or deny who has seen it?
I think it looks fine in person. Three Logan Square and Mellon Bank Center (pyramid building) have great lighting as the last picture in post 8709 shows. I don't think the lights turn on as early in the night for those buildings as Comcast's lantern. You can see they are not yet visible in the other picture. One and Two Liberty have long needed to have their lighting amped up. When they switched to more energy lighting, a lot of the brilliance was lost. All that said, "fine" does not mean good. You're not alone in your criticism... http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion...06.html#loaded

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
One and Two Liberty have long needed to have their lighting amped up. When they switched to more energy lighting, a lot of the brilliance was lost. All that said, "fine" does not mean good. You're not alone in your criticism... http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion...06.html#loaded
Yea ever since FMC went up and flipped the switch on their amazing lighting scheme, I've said that Liberty Place's owners should call Brandywine and find out who they used to light up FMC. That same strip lighting would look brilliant in Liberty's 1 and 2.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2018, 10:03 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture