HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 12:35 AM

Haven't seen anyone mention it (I profusely apologize if this is old news) but the Aquarius Tower website has been updated... INCREDIBLE!

http://aquariustower.com/

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 12:48 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

This is the age of Aquarius.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 1:20 AM

Looks great! That building is going to have some amazing views.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 1:30 AM

man that thing looks great. seeing it with the GA aquarium in the picture gives me a better perspective of where it will be and how it will look.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 11:56 AM

finally an architect has figured out how to incorporate wind turbines and make them beautiful PLUS, it really compliments the aquarium nicely.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 3:56 PM

What other buildings have wind turbines in them. This can't be the first, can it???

Holy shit this place is awsome. Check out the futuristic parking system. People, you have to go to the website and check this out.

Last edited by ATLmangum; Mar 7, 2007 at 4:05 PM.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
Haven't seen anyone mention it (I profusely apologize if this is old news) but the Aquarius Tower website has been updated... INCREDIBLE!

Aquarius is one awesome project!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 1:27 PM

I drive past that intersection every day on my way to work. They've been in construction on a project immediately across the street for a couple months now :

www.luckiefoodlounge.com 350 seat restaurant, billiards, rooftop bar.

then, right across the street, about two weeks ago they hung a big black poster / tarp thing over the old "Philly Boys" shit hole restaurant that says "Aquarius: Coming soon"

that little area is about to be nice as hell. now if only the could shut down the homeless shelter that's one block away. that, by itself, is keeping that entire area stuck in the ghetto.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briantech View Post
I drive past that intersection every day on my way to work. They've been in construction on a project immediately across the street for a couple months now :

[url]...that little area is about to be nice as hell. now if only the could shut down the homeless shelter that's one block away. that, by itself, is keeping that entire area stuck in the ghetto.

I couldn't agree with you more on that one. Its too bad the city just opted to put more money into that place instead of shutting it down and moving it somewhere else (I'm not 100% sure on that.) Unfortunately, those things are like landfills...no one wants them in their neck of the woods.

It will be a matter of time though before that thing is shut down, though. With all the positive development going on in that area investors will start calling for its closing or they will threaten to look elsewhere.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2007, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum View Post
It will be a matter of time though before that thing is shut down, though. With all the positive development going on in that area investors will start calling for its closing or they will threaten to look elsewhere.
I agree. As this trend continues in this area, I believe the land will become so valuable that developers and their investors will pay to build a replacement homeless shelter elsewhere. Since expansion further to the west is blocked by the massive Georgia World Congress Center, buildable space is very limited and this area might fill up very quickly. Somebody is already sitting on these properties, making the calculations.

Who'da thunk this area would regenerate so quickly? Certainly not me! I am absolutely flabbergasted by all that's happening to the west of Centennial Park. If built, Aquarius will be a milestone for the area, because it will add permanent residents in a signature tower. From the high ground west of the park, skyline views of Downtown and Midtown are incredible -- and as new highrise growth completely rims the eastern and southern edges of the park, it will only get better. And to think I turned down an opportunity to invest in a nearby property just a few years ago...

Last edited by MarketsWork; Mar 10, 2007 at 1:54 PM.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2007, 10:07 PM
roma volo

it is going to be very nice in the near future when you drive down 75/85 south and see ivan allen, twelve centennial, and aquarius completed. i can't wait.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2007, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleystreetindustry View Post
it is going to be very nice in the near future when you drive down 75/85 south and see ivan allen, twelve centennial, and aquarius completed. i can't wait.
Don't let Andrea know you drive on the Connector -- she might mistake you for a suburbanite driving nonstop through Shangri La to another suburb, and shoot out your tires! Tell her you look forward to the southward pedestrian view from the 5th Street Bridge...

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 1:48 AM
roma volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketsWork View Post
Don't let Andrea know you drive on the Connector -- she might mistake you for a suburbanite driving nonstop through Shangri La to another suburb, and shoot out your tires! Tell her you look forward to the southward pedestrian view from the 5th Street Bridge...
that is kind of... scary. but trust me, i am certainly no suburbanite. the only time i drive down the connector is on my way to the airport which has only taken place once. you see, i only have my permit. the connector is plenty good at scaring a young person as myself from driving on it.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 1:49 AM
roma volo

oh, and i look forward to the southern view from the pedestrian walkway on the 5th street bridge.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 5:52 AM
Original Member since '99

great looking tower

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 4:51 PM
I've been around

I thought this was that building going up near Alexander street that I see on my drive in every day, looks very similiar, but according to the Aquarius Tower's site saying it will be at the intersection of Luckie street, it can't be the same building.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 5:49 AM
Registirred User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGII View Post
This is the age of Aquarius.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
damn, I was gonna say that.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2007, 12:57 AM
FriskyDingo

A W E S O M E . . . First robotic parking in ATL, first wind turbine incorperated in a building in ATL, first solar panels use in large office building(i think) in ATL, and im sure theres more firsts. I love this new era of "green" and functional buildings. Bottom line is this building could possibly be iconic for atlanta, even though its kinda short.. I will bring shovels and digg myself if they want to break ground tomorrow. seriously

Last edited by ATLksuGUY; Mar 17, 2007 at 10:18 PM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2007, 3:43 PM

Developer Eyes Summer Start for Aquarius -Globest.com

ATLANTA-Lily Development LLC plans to begin construction in the summer on the $60-million Aquarius Tower. The 38-story, 112-unit condominium project will rise at the corner of Ivan Allen Jr. Boulevard and Luckie Street.

The one-, two- and three-bedroom units will range in size from 850 sf to 2,100 sf. Prices will range from the $300,000s to $900,000s, with prices for the four penthouses ranging from $1 million to $2.5 million. Among features are a 24-hour concierge, swimming pool with two-story sundeck, spa, exercise room and media room. Sales and marketing of the units are being handled by Team Spirit Realty & Investment. The project is expected to be completed by fall 2009.

Lily Development president Antonio Escandari tells GlobeSt.com that almost 45% of the units have been sold. Located across from the Georgia Aquarium, the mast-like frame of the project will complement the aquarium’s boat-shaped design while giving all of the homes southern exposure and unobstructed views of Centennial Olympic Park. The project is one of several under construction Downtown, such as the new World of Coca-Cola museum. “The location is incredible; it’s been our biggest selling point,” Escandari says.

Designed by PFVS Architects, Inc., the 240,000-sf tower will be the first condominium project in Georgia to incorporate solar and wind energy into its design. The rooftop solar panels will harness the power of the sun and the wind turbines will channel high winds into usable energy. The tower will have other sustainable features, such as the use of recycled building materials and thermally efficient products. Escandari says he decided to incorporate green features mainly for philosophical reasons. “It’s costly, but we’re finding ways to do it,” he says.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2007, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

Lily Development president Antonio Escandari tells GlobeSt.com that almost 45% of the units have been sold.
I didn't even know it was on sale! Awesome!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive