HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
Pro tip: Don't live in Wilmington.

Camden is in rough shape but has a ton of potential.
First off, I don't live in Wilmington, I live near Wilmington.

Second, so does Wilmington. Camden is in much worse shape than Wilmington, so I'm calling it a compliment that Camden is able to build skyscrapers but not Wilmington. It at least won't be until a while until Wilmington will build another one.

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
First off, I don't live in Wilmington, I live near Wilmington.

Second, so does Wilmington. Camden is in much worse shape than Wilmington, so I'm calling it a compliment that Camden is able to build skyscrapers but not Wilmington. It at least won't be until a while until Wilmington will build another one.
So does that mean that this isn't a real deal?

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 4:54 PM

Two new companies for this development already?

Urban farm and mortgage firm latest in line for N.J. tax breaks to move to Camden

Quote:
Two very different New Jersey businesses -- an online mortgage broker and an urban farming operation -- are in line for sizable tax incentives from the state’s Economic Development Authority this week to locate operations in Camden.

AeroFarms did not return a request for comment Tuesday, but its website says it grows “leafy greens and herbs” in a 70,000-square-foot urban building “without sunlight, soil, or pesticides.” Nutrients are misted directly onto the plants’ roots, which are illuminated by LEDs.

The company has been operating since 2015 in Newark, where it grows watercress, bok choy, kale, arugula, red-leaf lettuce, and other baby salad greens. Its process is, according to AeroFarms, “130 times more productive than field farming.” The Newark operation current employs about 60 workers.

Created in 2002, E Mortgage leased 12,000 square feet of office space two years ago at 3 Executive Campus in Cherry Hill, and soon expanded to 17,000 square feet. Crichton said the company, which has about 100 employees, is looking to about double the office space it has now.

But Camden’s waterfront, which Holtec, New Jersey American Water, and the 76ers (for their practice facility), now or will soon call home, has already become too expensive for E Mortgage, according to Crichton. He said the company was looking instead to build along the Admiral Wilson Boulevard, near Campbell Soup and Subaru’s corporate offices.

“It’s a much better environment than it once was, and it’s really convenient,” said Crichton, who cited PATCO trains, NJ Transit, and Routes 30 and 676, which he said should make the new offices accessible for its current workforce.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ne...o-Camden-.html

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 10:55 PM

^ at least the farm company will bring new jobs from outside the Philly Metro.

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
^ They're not there yet. Renderings are nice, but don't count your chickens. If Dover funneled money into Wilmington the way Trenton does into Camden, you might see some more buildings.
And this is the answer. The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) has approved more than $1 billion in tax breaks since 2013 to companies in exchange for a relocation to Camden (most of them already located in more affluent areas of New Jersey). Delaware can't (or won't) pay the massive bribes New Jersey is paying for relocation to Camden. Part of that may be because Wilmington IS in better shape than Camden. The NJ government is paying exorbitant sums and betting big it will revitalize the city. Without this kind of effort, though, I think Camden would never recover or improve. Wilmington has a shot of revitalizing with mostly private investment and much more modest incentives and tax breaks to nudge it along.

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
And this is the answer. The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) has approved more than $1 billion in tax breaks since 2013 to companies in exchange for a relocation to Camden (most of them already located in more affluent areas of New Jersey). Delaware can't (or won't) pay the massive bribes New Jersey is paying for relocation to Camden. Part of that may be because Wilmington IS in better shape than Camden. The NJ government is paying exorbitant sums and betting big it will revitalize the city. Without this kind of effort, though, I think Camden would never recover or improve. Wilmington has a shot of revitalizing with mostly private investment and much more modest incentives and tax breaks to nudge it along.

Yeah , I'm inclined to agree . One big ass advantage Wilmington has over Camden appears to be the large banking and investment community . However , I wouldn't want to
live in either for the foreseeable future .

Old Posted Jun 5, 2017, 6:42 AM

This is a great project for Camden and hope it helps the city, as Camden needs a huge shot in its derelict rear end so badly. And a new PATCO station will do wonders for the Gateway district! If only LPT stayed it's original course for its waterfront towers, then Camden would've had another great development, but Camden is starting to come up nontheless and living up to it's motto "A City Invincible"! 👍🏾👍🏾

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 3:19 PM

This is going up across from Subaru. Not sure what it is.

In the Knight's crossing brochure the structure across Newton Ave seems to be glass.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 3:41 PM
Show me the blueprints

Bait and switch huh? Never could have seen that coming...

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 4:50 PM

In the original proposal there is a 2nd building for a "Subaru National Service Training Center." I believe this building was in limbo during the NJ/PA income tax antics, but if I am looking at your picture correctly, this construction looks to be in the same spot.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdizzy View Post
Trump seems to be building his beautiful wall a bit north.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbot View Post
Trump seems to be building his beautiful wall a bit north.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 12:49 AM

Any update on this project?

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 12:59 AM
Show me the blueprints

I think everyone lost interest when they realized it sucked.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 26, 2022, 8:31 PM

Yeah, I don't think anything will happen anywhere close to those renderings anytime soon. Brandywine Realty Trust seems to have put any Camden development plans on the backburners, and Liberty Property Trust has left the commercial development game altogether.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals