HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 1:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felip_ars View Post
But with less than 3 months until the Centre opens, either they cant seem to find someone willing to pay that price, or maybe they are waiting to unveil it when they announce the opening event.
My thoughts precisely.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 1:16 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
They seem to have their shit together on this project, doing better at raising money from the community than Moncton has done for their events centre, so far, despite Moncton hiring a professional fundraiser who gets part of the money raised.
Hell of a lot easier to fundraise for a community centre than for an arena putting on concerts and hosting sports teams owned by businessmen.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 8:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current status of the new apartment building on Dieppe Blvd near Fox Creek Golf Club:

They soon won't require this tower crane on site any more. I wonder if it will relocate for the Tannery South Building at the Junction Urban Village. It seems that over the last several years, there is enough ongoing work in the city to keep three tower cranes cycling from job to job.......

Old Posted Jun 24, 2018, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Current status of the new apartment building on Dieppe Blvd near Fox Creek Golf Club:

They soon won't require this tower crane on site any more. I wonder if it will relocate for the Tannery South Building at the Junction Urban Village. It seems that over the last several years, there is enough ongoing work in the city to keep three tower cranes cycling from job to job.......
It seems like that might be the case. They are trying to Juggle a small amount of cranes for a whole lot of projects that need em. There is also the fact that one of the tower cranes had to be taken out of comision for maintenance for a while it's back in the running. But this might be what is causing project construction dates to be pushed back slightly.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 3:49 PM

Corn Crib Natural Foods is moving into the old Blue Olive market unit of the Codiac Plaza on Paul St. The current location is in a tiny house on Olivier St just behind the Pizza Delight that is really not a great spot for retail, so this will be a much better location for them.

The Blue Olive restaurant is sticking around, it's just the adjoining market that is being taken over.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 1:29 PM

It seems Mary Brown's in Dieppe has closed again for a second time. The first time hadto do with the Franchisees beingway overthere heads, and this time there does not seem to be any reason behind the closure.Not public at least There was no sign in the windowatleast when friends went, and the only way to know is that the Dieppe Location has been removed from the Mary Brown's website.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 2:15 PM

Not sure what you mean by way over their heads the first time around. It was the same franchisee as the one on MOuntain Road, which is always busy any time I go in there.
Anyway, I'm assuming the problem in Dieppe is the lack of street presence. The place is invisible from the road. But that's just my guess.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 2:51 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Not sure what you mean by way over their heads the first time around. It was the same franchisee as the one on MOuntain Road, which is always busy any time I go in there.
Anyway, I'm assuming the problem in Dieppe is the lack of street presence. The place is invisible from the road. But that's just my guess.
As someone who did marketing for the owner of the Mountain Rd location I can clear this up for you. The first time around yes both locations were owned by the same husband and wife team. The reason for the closure first time around was indeed street presence as Dieppe had a bylaw where he couldn't put signs along the grass facing the road in order to let people know the business was there. Corporate came in and bought all his equipment for pennies on the dollar and then it was corporate ran and they assigned a franchisee to it separate from the Mountain Rd locations. Again, it failed due to lack of street presence and hemorrhaging money and is now closed permanently. I've told both franchisees a location in Riverview makes more sense they have 20k+ people in the town and no chicken place anywhere to be found with a couple prime locations for visibility. We will see if we ever get a second location again in metro Moncton but I am pretty disappointed as I have been a customer of Mary Browns for 25 years or more.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 3:26 AM

Thank you Drewber.
It's a good product and the staff and owners are so nice. I can't go very often as I'm not near their store hardly ever. I'd go once a week if I could.
Good luck going forward.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 4:52 PM

Irving Oil Announces Expansion of its Retail Network in Atlantic Canada

TLDR: Irving/Couche-tard is buying Ultramars. Dieppe is listed as one of locations.

Quote:
Nine of the thirteen acquired sites are in Nova Scotia with locations in Halifax, Dartmouth, Lower Sackville and Truro. Additional sites acquired are in St. John's, Newfoundland, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, and Dieppe, New Brunswick. Retail sites will begin transitioning today with a planned completion date of late-August 2018 for all locations.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 5:01 PM

No mention of the Freddy Ultramar location (at the bottom of Smythe street). Is it owned by a different group or something? I'm not sure how many Ultramars were/are in the Maritimes to start with, but I guess there are a bunch fewer now.

*edit* Freddy has 2 Ultramars, one on Main, one on Smythe. Neither were mentioned in the articles, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited by Taeolas; Jul 4, 2018 at 3:32 PM.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post

TLDR: Irving/Couche-tard is buying Ultramars. Dieppe is listed as one of locations.
Dieppe has two locations. One at Acadie/Champlain and one on Dieppe Blvd. I would assume this involves both locations.

The article says they will be rebranded which seems a little strange since there's already an Irving a few hundred yards away at the corner of Champlain/Paul - but Acadie/Champlain is also a very high traffic corner. The closest Irving to Dieppe Blvd is the one on the former Fisherman's Paradise lot which is a couple of kms away.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 5:30 PM

The building on 655 Champlain has been sold. Wasn't this the old bonte foods building before?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post

Quote:
Nine of the thirteen acquired sites are in Nova Scotia with locations in Halifax, Dartmouth, Lower Sackville and Truro. Additional sites acquired are in St. John's, Newfoundland, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, and Dieppe, New Brunswick. Retail sites will begin transitioning today with a planned completion date of late-August 2018 for all locations.
They made sure to state in the T&T that it's only 13 Locations they are buying out. From what I've seen it seems only one of the Dieppe Ultramar's is being purchased.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 3:51 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Irving Oil announced today that it has entered into a purchase agreement with Couche-Tard to acquire 13 and brand 23 retail sites across Atlantic Canada
To me this indicates Irving branding on 36 locations..13 of which will be directly owned by Irving and the other 23 will have Irving branding while still being retained ownership wise by Couche-Tard though I may be wrong. I know the Ultramar on the corner of Champlain and Acadie is owned by Couche-Tard so I am guessing the purchased location is Ultramar on Dieppe Blvd. Also curious if this will affect Mama's Chicken in any way as it is cobranded within that store.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 12:41 AM

According to today's Dieppe City hall meeting

I Seen in today's city hall meeting they voted to build underground parking I'm guessing it will be under the Current parking/Skating surface/Place 1604, and they also spoke about the lots on either side of 200 Champlain curently being used as Parking stating that it should be listed as Temporary parking until such time as the properties are sold to new developers, and finally developed.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 3:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

from the Pur & Simple Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pursimpleatlantic/

***Breaking news ***

We are opening soon in:
- St John NB
- Edmundston NB
- Dieppe NB

Thank you for your amazing support so far.

Franchise location still available in:
-Fredericton NB
-Bathurst NB
-Campbellton NB
-Miramichi NB
-Halifax NS
-Truro NS
-Sydney NS
-St John’s NL
-Corner Brook NL
-Conception Bay NL
And more !

Not included on that list is Riverview, despite having that placeholder banner mounted in the window of one of the CRUs at Pinewood Plaza in Findlay Park.

I wonder where in Dieppe they will be opening?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 10:36 AM

My first guess was that they had decided on Dieppe instead of Riverview, but I'm merely speculating.
Has anyone been by Pinewood lately? I wonder if the sign is still up.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 11:56 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The renovations/expansion of BMW/Mini Moncton will begin in the next 10 days or so........

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Not included on that list is Riverview, despite having that placeholder banner mounted in the window of one of the CRUs at Pinewood Plaza in Findlay Park.

I wonder where in Dieppe they will be opening?
I would think the former Mary Brown's location could be a target for them, if it's big enough. Seems to me the unit as it is configured now is only maybe 5-10 tables. If not there perhaps the Dieppe Blvd area. There are still vacancies in the Dollarama building and several other buildings are popping up around there as well.

Has anyone ever moved into the old Don Cherry's spot beside city hall? I know it was a different Canadian themed restaurant for a while but that closed too.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces