HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 17, 2013, 12:51 AM
BANNED

Nice summersm.

This is going to be spectacular and awesome.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 5:00 AM

From Pennsgrant

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 5:14 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 2:03 PM

This building is going to add so much character to CHOP and university city. People that past this building will not forget it. Its a big building and the facade looks great. I can not wait to see the final product with the added colors. I really think CHOP did it right with this building.

*Side bar - I believe there is another empty lot with a pretty deep hole next store. ANy plans for that piece of land.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
This building is going to add so much character to CHOP and university city. People that past this building will not forget it. Its a big building and the facade looks great. I can not wait to see the final product with the added colors. I really think CHOP did it right with this building.
Agreed!

Let's hope this inspires additional bold and interesting designs in future projects in University City and Center City.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 3:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:

*Side bar - I believe there is another empty lot with a pretty deep hole next store. ANy plans for that piece of land.
The deep hole is now up to street level with steel , assuming its an underground parking garage. Didn't see any renderings of what this project will become but its about to go airborne . Now there is another hole at the end of Convention Blvd near the Parking Garage.

Far and away The best skyline views of the city are located on the CHOP campus. I realize its an area set aside for medical research, education and healthcare but if I were a developer that's where I would have targeted pleaded and begged for a residential tower. For the skyline views alone.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 4:41 PM

Quote:

Next door to this building will just be a green courtyard for now. I believe CHOP has plans to develop it in the future when they need to expand again. CHOP also has to finish Colket... it is only halfway done. The final height of the building was supposed to be over 400 feet. On the other side of Colkett, there is another empty lot that Penn Plans to build two towers on.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 6:29 PM

Thanks for the info. I also did some digging and know someone that works for Impark, company that runs the parking garages for CHOP. There was a meeting the week before Thanksgiving, but there are no def. plans for the lot I was referring to, other than having the underground parking in place and ready to role for when they finalize the structure.

Basically he said, "expect nothing until the Spring."

Old Posted Dec 14, 2013, 12:09 AM

12/13

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 4:47 PM

I am loving this.. Penn puts up a building, then Chop, then Dexel! Keep it up. A couple more of these 300' buildings over there and it will just be an extension of the Skyline! Now Temple putting up some as well.. Pretty soon Jefferson is gonna want to add some height as well. In a few years the skyline could run from the Delaware, through university city, and from South street to Diamond street area..

Old Posted Dec 28, 2013, 12:38 AM
Realtor

Old Posted Dec 28, 2013, 1:22 AM

THIS is the kind of contemporary design of international calibre that Philadelphia needs more of

Old Posted Dec 28, 2013, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late1 View Post
THIS is the kind of contemporary design of international calibre that Philadelphia needs more of
Hear, hear!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2013, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolndrive View Post
ahh, she really lays in on them. I am curious to see a response from CHOP as they are usually really good at PR.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2014, 2:25 PM

CHOP has just received another 5 million $ donation towards this building from Giant Supermarkets. I hope I never have to see the inside if this building, but the people that need the assistance should know there will not be any place better.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 12:50 AM

1/29

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 4:19 AM

You can see the crane for this and the top of the steel structure way in the background

From the Earthcam

Old Posted Feb 25, 2014, 12:48 AM

2/21

Plaza now at street level:

Old Posted Feb 25, 2014, 4:12 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

My only gripe about this building so far is that I thought the color bands on the façade were going to be bigger...

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 10:20 PM

Chop update pic from new angle

Took this from a meeting today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive