HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 4:24 AM
+

Vancouver - The Star of a New 'Zombie' video game!!!

Droves of zombies from all over the country are migrating to Vancouver. It's been said that they are are being lured here with the promise of being fed, clothed and sheltered by certain philanthropic housing societies.

So far there have been only a handful of reported cases of hostile encounters between the zombies and the general populace. This has led authorities to believe that the zombies haven't come here to devour our brains. Rather, they have come in search of something else which they have termed 'spaaare chaaange'

Introducing.... Deadlight from Tequila Works and Microsoft Games Studios.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25610/...easer-Trailer/

I couldn't have imagined a more ingenious idea if I came up with it myself. Survival against Vancouver's homeless.... Hahahahahahaha

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed Kandi View Post
Droves of zombies from all over the country are migrating to Vancouver. It's been said that they are are being lured here with the promise of being fed, clothed and sheltered by certain philanthropic housing societies.

So far there have been only a handful of reported cases of hostile encounters between the zombies and the general populace. This has led authorities to believe that the zombies haven't come here to devour our brains. Rather, they have come in search of something else which they have termed 'spaaare chaaange'

Introducing.... Deadlight from Tequila Works and Microsoft Games Studios.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25610/...easer-Trailer/

I couldn't have imagined a more ingenious idea if I came up with it myself. Survival against Vancouver's homeless.... Hahahahahahaha
Wtf are you talking about? Vancouver was on a road sign. Probably just an easter egg. And why are you repeating the same homeless joke over and over again?

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 4:30 AM
+

The recently announced Xbox Live Arcade exclusive Deadlight now has a teaser trailer. The Microsoft-published title sees the character Randall Wayne trying to survive in an alternate post-apocalyptic 80s timeline where Vancouver, BC has become hit with some sort of outbreak (or another hockey riot):

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25608/...easer-Trailer/

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 5:09 AM

Highway 101 goes to Vancouver now?? Awesome!

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mind View Post
Wtf are you talking about? Vancouver was on a road sign. Probably just an easter egg. And why are you repeating the same homeless joke over and over again?
And ya gotta love a forum where members would rather laugh at the homeless than show some compassion OR try to end homelessness. It's astounding the people that are on here. And I'm not trying to be sanctimonious or anything but I don't wonder if these people know that many of the homeless are so not because they are lazy but due to many unforeseen circumstances be it addiction or mental illness.

Anyways, off topic. Got it off my chest. I feel lighter already.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mind View Post
They wouldn't put a road sign to Vancouver or Hope if the game was set in LA or New York. It's in Vancouver.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaz View Post
Highway 101 goes to Vancouver now?? Awesome!
highway 101 goes up to and ends just north of powell river

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 6:47 PM

I think its seattle...

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolmak View Post
They wouldn't put a road sign to Vancouver or Hope if the game was set in LA or New York. It's in Vancouver.
If it was IN Vancouver they wouldn't have AMERICAN roadsigns saying too Vancouver, especially highway 101 signage.

And the Highway 101 to Powell River isn't the same Highway 101 as in the states.

Anyways, easy enough, I'm just going to write the developer and ask. If it's Vancouver, then I owe you guys a beer at the next meet. If not, I'm probably getting drunk for free.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
And ya gotta love a forum where members would rather laugh at the homeless than show some compassion OR try to end homelessness. It's astounding the people that are on here. And I'm not trying to be sanctimonious or anything but I don't wonder if these people know that many of the homeless are so not because they are lazy but due to many unforeseen circumstances be it addiction or mental illness.

Anyways, off topic. Got it off my chest. I feel lighter already.
You can't end homelessness ... that's like saying lets stop all pigeons from shitting.

If you build more homeless housing more will flood from around Canada.... and somehow the Vancouver taxpayer is paying for every Canadian cities homeless problem.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 8:06 PM

from imdb
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni21401913/
Deadlight is the name of a new game making its way to the Xbox arcade this summer. Tequila Works, the game developer, describes the game like this: "In an apocalyptic world where there is no reason to exist, a man crosses the American west coast, surviving is much more than a daily routine." Early screen shots hint that there will be zombies of some sort involved in the story. Head inside for a pic and a teaser trailer demonstrating the rich graphics on display.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 1:04 AM
See ya down under, mates

There are highway signs for Vancouver in downtown Seattle.

Can't wait until the Zombie fad is over. It's as played out as WWII shooters.

Also agree with nova9 that deriding homeless people is disgusting. The most accurate way to judge a society is to look at how they treat their most vulnerable. Let's be better than that.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 11:54 AM

Why is there a sign for Hope then?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolmak View Post
Why is there a sign for Hope then?
Again, it could just be an easter egg because some of the developers are from Vancouver.

Video games aren't reality. There are no "US route 101 to Vancouver" signs anywhere along that highway. If you watch the vid in high quality, that is exactly what it is. There wouldn't be any US route 101 signs in Canada, hell, there aren't any north of Seattle, because the highway doesn't go north of Seattle.

Quit acting like a daft teenager man. As much as I would love to see something cool set in Vancouver (or even just Canada for christ sakes), odds are this isn't it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion