HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 23, 2010, 2:21 PM

hey over in the ssc page they have moved this building to the under construction thread was just wondering if this site shall follow ? as there is clear activity

Old Posted Jun 23, 2010, 7:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Still looks like site prep, for towers 2 and 3.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2010, 7:40 PM

if you look at the webcam, there seems to be a concrete square poured in the ground.... (NOT the Transportation hub crane platform) it seems to have rebar or something sticking out....

Old Posted Jun 24, 2010, 4:49 AM

The diagrams seem to say these are U/C

Old Posted Jun 24, 2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
if you look at the webcam, there seems to be a concrete square poured in the ground.... (NOT the Transportation hub crane platform) it seems to have rebar or something sticking out....
Those are holes for the rock blasting.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 8:59 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2010, 2:20 AM
Frigidus Maximus

So what exactly is "under construction"?

Just the foundations and a "podium," or are we cleared for the rise of the entire tower?

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Jun 30, 2010, 2:34 AM

Right now only up to street level. But everything will be in place so they can continue when financing comes. Hopefully with renewed interest in the site someone will sign up, and maybe construction can proceed quickly.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2010, 10:21 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
So what exactly is "under construction"?

Just the foundations and a "podium," or are we cleared for the rise of the entire tower?
It won't even reach street level until 2012, late 2011 at the earliest (if things proceed much quicker than they have been). The immediate concern is finding tenants for tower 3. Technically, when both towers are under construction, they have a planned stopping point if there are no tenants available for the office floors.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2010, 2:18 AM
New Yorker for life

Cam shot from July 1...

Old Posted Jul 2, 2010, 9:28 AM
DENNAB

how beautiful!

I loved the twin towers, but 4 massive supertalls is going to be AMAZING once completed. Especially for a city already full of skyscrapers.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2010, 1:34 PM

It will be phenomenal, and probably the greatest skyscraper cluster in history. People are going to be really surprised when it's all done.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2010, 2:20 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaarkson View Post
It will be phenomenal, and probably the greatest skyscraper cluster in history. People are going to be really surprised when it's all done.
It will be quite amazing, but the most stunning view will be from across the East River from Brooklyn - the entire skyline will seem to form a gigantic pyramidal shape, leading up to the top of the FT's spire as the peak. I don't think there will be anything like it anywhere in the world.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Jul 2, 2010, 3:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I agree. Also, consider that if 5 WTC is built as a high-end condo-hotel, it could turn out to be a magnificent 1,000+ foot tower.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2010, 3:38 PM

They always said it was the sheer size of the old WTC that made it so amazing. Holy moly this one will blow us away in that case, huge buildings, some complicated designs. The story behind it, it's all amazing, I think we just overlook it cause we're a little impatient and too excited.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2010, 9:53 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
It will be quite amazing, but the most stunning view will be from across the East River from Brooklyn - the entire skyline will seem to form a gigantic pyramidal shape, leading up to the top of the FT's spire as the peak. I don't think there will be anything like it anywhere in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
They always said it was the sheer size of the old WTC that made it so amazing. Holy moly this one will blow us away in that case, huge buildings, some complicated designs. The story behind it, it's all amazing, I think we just overlook it cause we're a little impatient and too excited.
Like.

Thanks for putting a spin like this on it guys. I was always optimistic about the future of the World Trade Center, but in being so, I felt like the odd man out or the crazy one. This attitude that you all have, this glory of tall towers representing progress, power and success in our great metropolis, this opportunity to turn the page to a gleaming new chapter in the history of New York City....THAT, my friends, is what it is all about.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2010, 10:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
this opportunity to turn the page to a gleaming new chapter in the history of New York City....THAT, my friends, is what it is all about.
That's exactly what it is. Though it's still referred to as "ground zero", it will be anything but, once the construction is complete. In fact, its these days its one of the largest construction sites in the country.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2010, 12:43 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 12, 2010, 12:47 PM

Seeing that dirt disappear is going to be the best part of 2010.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2010, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Like.

Thanks for putting a spin like this on it guys. I was always optimistic about the future of the World Trade Center, but in being so, I felt like the odd man out or the crazy one. This attitude that you all have, this glory of tall towers representing progress, power and success in our great metropolis, this opportunity to turn the page to a gleaming new chapter in the history of New York City....THAT, my friends, is what it is all about.

^^ Great post! Even if it doesn't get to street level until 2012 I'm still happy that this tower is at least under construction. Can't wait to take photos of it!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction