HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 3:58 AM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
I haven't been following the progress of 2wtc or 3wtc. What are the chances that these two buildings will actually get built to their intended heights as in the renderings? 4wtc does give 1wtc some balance visually, but the site is still somewhat too open. The old wtc site had several short, stunted buildings that surrounded the twin towers, I'm hoping 2 and 3wtc don't end up permanently stunted. But at least 3wtc is being worked on, 2wtc seems to be stalled. Will either of these buildings actually get build to their full heights? I mean I think even in the worst case scenario and they had to cap their heights due to lack of tenants, they could always add on later right? And 1wtc surely will command the spotlight anyway in its own right!
All four towers will all be built when key tenants sign major leases to secure financing.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 4:38 AM

Quote:
I haven't been following the progress of 2wtc or 3wtc. What are the chances that these two buildings will actually get built to their intended heights as in the renderings? 4wtc does give 1wtc some balance visually, but the site is still somewhat too open. The old wtc site had several short, stunted buildings that surrounded the twin towers, I'm hoping 2 and 3wtc don't end up permanently stunted. But at least 3wtc is being worked on, 2wtc seems to be stalled. Will either of these buildings actually get build to their full heights? I mean I think even in the worst case scenario and they had to cap their heights due to lack of tenants, they could always add on later right? And 1wtc surely will command the spotlight anyway in its own right!
As has been mentioned many a times in NY threads, 90% of Manhattan's commercial real estate measured by square feet predates 1970. With that in mind, over the coming decade there will be a lot of demand for new space as companies just can't operate in buildings that are 40+ years old. The WTC towers are a matter of when, not if.

Nice update Tectonic, hope you contribute some more.

Last edited by yankeesfan1000; Feb 4, 2013 at 4:48 AM.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 2:34 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Will either of these buildings actually get build to their full heights?
Let us ask the magic 8-ball......

Answer: Wait and see. The bulk of discussion on these pages has been the prospect of tenant signings.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 4:04 PM

Bunch of photos from this weekend. The tower is looking great, and is already quite imposing.

Three World Trade Center Construction Update

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 4:00 AM
Mr. Technology

Great shot there, babybackribs2314 !!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 11:05 AM
(the rascacielo freak)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
The problem with 3 WTC is it has too much detail. The Other towers are plain, but unique in their own way. The braceing on the tower is very cool, but dosnt belong in the complex. Maybe it would be better off without the exterior braceing.
Respectfully I disagree with this statement. We have too many new buildings here in Manhattan that are smooth and clean-cut. We need a few more complex structures with exposed diagonal bracing and somewhat chaotic curtain walls.... great examples: Lloyds of London (in London), HSBC (Hong Kong) and a rare example in Manhattan the Conde Nast Building in Times Square.

Too many of our newer buildings hide all of that structural stuff and aim for perfect simplicity and symmetry. I understand it will be very different from neighboring buildings and so I see your "doesn't belong" argument... but to each their own. I love this design.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 2:17 PM
New Yorker for life

I like that all of the towers have distinctive designs. This tower could stand on its own anywhere in Manhattan.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 4:04 PM
BANNED

^ I'd be content to spend an entire NYC vacation sitting on a bench, under a white oak, just in awe of this complex

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 5:31 PM
Mr. Technology

I concur with most of the opinions here -- I find the details to be a feature that I enjoy seeing rise on the skyline.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I like that all of the towers have distinctive designs. This tower could stand on its own anywhere in Manhattan.
That is a beautiful rendering, especially the new street dividing Memorial and Pools from 1 WTC, but that view won't be possible if they build the Performing Arts center.

But a beautiful prospective regardless. I can't wait... 3 is my favorite. Not sure why though...

I also have to remind myself that Greenwich Street isn't there rite now. It's just dirt and construction stuff...

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 11:29 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZeig1 View Post
That is a beautiful rendering, especially the new street dividing Memorial and Pools from 1 WTC, but that view won't be possible if they build the Performing Arts center.
That would pretty much be the view from the PAC itself, with its terraces. The view from 7 WTC would be similar, but more impressive. There will be oppurtunities for so many great views around the complex, both on the ground and in the air.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 11:56 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
That would pretty much be the view from the PAC itself, with its terraces.
But wouldn't PAC be right next to 2 WTC. In this rendering it seems as though there is open space there. I didn't mention this to create a debate, but being a NY'r, it seems so real as though it exist now. So I had to set back and take it all in; subsequently, I had to try and get my bearings - put everything in perspective. Late spring; early summer; low humidity; sun shinning. But I think the openness is a little exaggerated. We have to remember, Transit Hub, 3 & 4 WT barely take up a city block if that, but its beautiful

I guess seeing something like that gets me all excited. I wish I was still in school (NYU). I could stop by every/any day..

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 12:31 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZeig1 View Post
But wouldn't PAC be right next to 2 WTC. In this rendering it seems as though there is open space there.
That's why I said pretty much the same view.

Quote:
But I think the openness is a little exaggerated.
Nothing exagerated about it. Most of the WTC renderings don't include the PAC because the design hasn't really been finalized. But we know what it will be, and we know from the concept that it will likely have terraces. Until it gets built, that would be the view from 7 WTC.

Nothing in that rendering is out of place. Everything will be aligned along the street grid as shown.

Quote:

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 1:42 AM

Man, every time I see this thread bumped I think there's news...

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
Me too, I just wish they would make a deal already. Someone in the city must want this space, I'm about to buy it myself.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 1:03 PM

Quote:

^ Can't wait to see those streets cleaned up, it has been a long time for Downtown.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectonic View Post
^ Can't wait to see those streets cleaned up, it has been a long time for Downtown.
Just to have "streets" down there is going to be great

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 2:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
You mean like this? ^

These threads are active discussions. When there is news, its posted as well.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2013, 1:46 AM

Did they ever sign a deal yet? Not sure why signing for some office space takes so long.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2013, 1:52 AM

not yet, but we are told it will be finalized soon.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive